1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 June 2023 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 19, 2023.

1. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

I am thinking to resurrect the Novalogic brand by myself lol

Tried several FPShooters but are so arcadey or milsim oriented...nothing in the middle...

Need to test Arma Reforger but they are on the current Reiza status....updates over updates and missed deadlines...

Btw, the point is...no matter the game genre all of them are affected by delays, half promises, good surprises and so on...the era of finished games since day one doesn't exist anymore...

@WhippyWhip to be fair we are waiting with some humour and playing the dumbs role just for chill during the wait...

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

No

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

Very sad! :(

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  4. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

If you had a friend planning to visit your city, you asked him when he'd arrive so you could meet up and he replied with "incoming", then said "oh, something's come up, wait a bit" and then didn't say anything for a couple days, would there be a point at which you didn't think it was that funny anymore?

Even if you have the time and the precise date doesn't matter that much to you, this is more about creating false expectations for no reason.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Winner Winner x 3
  5. Kim

Kim Mr. Andersen in SIM AMS2 Club Member

Here you can read about Release Candidate if you want.
    Automobilista 2 April 2022 Development Update

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

That’s the situation you have when you’re on summer break and don’t have any friends

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. WhippyWhip

WhippyWhip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

it's a forum post about a video game update....
    ppl need to get some perspective

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  8. Dicra

I mean yeah, it's not life changing. It's a pleasant thing to look forward to, like my example of meeting up with a friend. Or at least it could be, because even taking into account we all know how Reiza works, I'd say my expectations have been successfully subverted.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Mickael Peterson

Mickael Peterson New Member

I'm sure that wasn't expected (since everyone is saying that Reiza ethics is good) but well, to be honest, these delays are making more Paddock club memberships...
    Good for Reiza, they deserve more fundings, but seriously, what the point of announcing "in the 24hrs" and then delayed it because of an interview.
    That does not send a good image for manufacturers or licencing agreement.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I want to think most people here are taking the piss and are not completely sad

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Djin

Djin Member

Exactly, I think most of us are teasing with this delay, it's not a big deal. Personally, I have enough to keep me occupied with my 4-month-old daughter :)

12. Dicra

I feel like someone who is on this forum and making fun of others that care about the update because they care is a bit dishonest. If you were honest, you'd too at least like a bit more correct - or let's say more easily interpretable - info about the ballpark where it's going to arrive ^^

Yes simracing is a dear hobby of mine. I have several more, and I have other priorities in life that rank higher. I also have a ****load of work I'll have to finish this very day. Still I can find joy in reading a dev update and be disappointed if there's no word on where it is.

Sad, right?

Last edited: Jul 23, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

no i meant sad as in coming here to make cheese jokes because there's literally nothing else for them to do (never mind play ams2, which is the reason we are all here)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

We know by now that Renato prioritises development tasks over mundane tasks like writing dev updates. The update will come after everything else is done, right before he goes on holidays. It might not make sense to us but that's the way it's been for a while now.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

Why not both? :oops:

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Dicra

As far as I know, the update is already done, he's just elected not to release it yet.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. LostPatrol

LostPatrol Member

I think as you go into a weekend for a lot of people it’s when they get to put a bit of time in on the sim. If we’d have got a dev update or better still a Release Candidate Friday/Saturday or just been told its not going to happen people are either well happy or move on.

It comes out when it comes out, but coming into the weekends you get a bit more excited, it would just be great if someone just said “sorry guys” not this week.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

I'm sure there's a very good reason why the dev update and update have been withheld but man it's frustrating!
    Went away on Tuesday for a few days and after seeing the incoming message am very surprised five days later to see it's still not dropped.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  19. ChuckBeamer

ChuckBeamer Member AMS2 Club Member

some activity in the non-beta on Steamdb: 2 staging tests in the last 50m...

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  20. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Honestly I wonder if the devlog has been held off deliberately and the choice was instead to let the notformedia people do the talking: the whole point of the upcoming one was to discuss the upcoming content in Andrenaline/1.5 as a whole and well, most of it's already been shown to the common folk now thanks to them letting the beta testers discuss everything (Probably wrong but yeah)
    Not that I'm particularly bothered about the state of a write-up compared to the actual game update but with everything going on that's my two cents

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1