1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 June 2023 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 19, 2023.

1. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

upload_2023-7-23_20-38-1.png

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Renan G Flores

Renan G Flores Active Member

I'd love to have Sebring for the Racin' USA part 4. But I'm not so optimistic. I think we're gonna have more PCARS2 tracks.
    I'm betting 2 tracks. One of them is gonna be Willow Springs. The other one may be COTA. Neither of them is gonna be Sonoma, since PCARS Modding Team has already released it as a mod.

For cars, I'm betting for the Ford Fusion or a generic American Stock Car with both specs, road and oval.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

It's not that I'm trying to do a motivational (or demotivational) post about the Dev Update, but the lad with the Fiat Uno already reached London after going all the way from Portugal to Netherlands:whistle:

UnoUK.png

• Like Like x 11
  4. Burl

Burl Member

I'd wager we won't be getting Fords, as I hear they're one of the more expensive manufacturers to license, but I'd love a generic stock car like you mentioned. As for tracks, part of me wants to think some that Indycar runs on like Portland, maybe? Would love Sebring, though.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. jeanvendors

jeanvendors Active Member

Why not? Mod tracks all seem inherently broken at the moment (you have to turn off penalties, you always hit a bump exiting the pit stall, not to mention the really inconsistent AI) . Unless Reiza is able to help modders fix the inherent issues that seem to come hand in hand with porting them from PC2, I’d rather Reiza take the reins in porting them if that’s an option.
    I’m hoping the 1.5 update will be easy enough for the modders to deal with (I really do want to play with a lot of those cars once they’re up to spec,) but from what I hear the Track issues are pretty much insurmountable without direct access to the Madness engine.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Renan G Flores

Renan G Flores Active Member

• Funny Funny x 14
  7. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

I would also like Portland. I hope we will receive a street circuit like Detroit and an additional oval.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Dmand

Dmand Active Member

It is amazing that a total eclipse is possible to begin with. Just the right size and distance to make it happen

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

88 years not 97, but vision is indeed already an issue...hence the BIGGER TELESCOPE.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. mmertens

mmertens Old school racer

At least this delay made you post a very well written and stylish text about Renato and the Deb update. In a way we were lucky to have this delay, as I was able to read your post and really enjoy the creativity of it, also I had genuinely laugh on several nonsense posts for the last 3 days. That wouldn’t happen if Renato would share the text prior his trip to US. There’s always positives on every situation, I can understand the frustration for some users, but I reached a point in my life where I can only enjoy this sim whilst the update is being fined tuned. Life is too short and with infinitely most important things that can upset us. There’s so many track / car combos for me to try on Ams2 yet , so I’m not worried. But I can understand the impatience around the community after Renato’s communication, it really looked on the verge of being released. All good

• Like x 3
    • Optimistic x 2
    • Winner x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Creative x 1
  11. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I know that this has been said already but this is likely the largest update since the release of AMS2. Every single car is not only getting a physics update but also a FFB update that also makes a huge difference to every single car. Plus a very large DLC pack with multiple cars and tracks that includes driving physics that are not currently in the game along with AI that also needs to be "taught" how to drive on RX tracks. I think we are getting very very close folks but I promise that it is definitely worth the wait. Also many other quality of life improvements as well that we have been asking for. The change log will blow your mind of how much is in it but more so on how much better every single car feels.

• Like x 2
    • Winner x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  12. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

And wet lines have just been confirmed

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Did you write this yourself?
    Because I did try to run all Reizas former update hype notes through this thing and the outcome looks suspiciously similiar.
    Just asking.:whistle:

ChatGPT.png

15. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

why are they expensive to license? Lol

16. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The forum is broken were is the cheese phase?

Last edited: Jul 23, 2023
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  17. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

No they have not, at least not officially. Maybe the next dev update (whenever that will be) will have more info about it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. jeanvendors

jeanvendors Active Member

I have a cat named Brie. Hopefully she can suffice in this dark time.
    F1B498D4-11DB-46CA-85E4-4E257F4DB2D8.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

No but people tell me I have the intellect of several supercomputers scouring the internet for data and info ;)

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. Burl

Burl Member

I have absolutely no idea, but that's what I've seen a few devs mention, and other people I've talked to said they've seen similar. It was a while back, but I'd read a few things mentioning that they're also a pain to work with. All of that is speculation, but it wouldn't be surprising if true.