1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 June 2023 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 19, 2023.

1. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

This happens with every large software development project since the beginning of mankind.
    Changes and updates are always more incremental and faster early in the timeline.
    As the project continues, the product becomes larger and more complex. Changes become more nuanced and harder to implement, so the rate of change slows naturally.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

It's not as AMS2 is short on the "still have to do" list.

The problem is that AMS2 is sold, since the beginning, as a "work in progress", a "long term product" or whatever you can call it, and people bought it on the premise of that "someday will be complete and full functional". Not that I'm complaining of what already is delivered, but some main components (as a modern multiplayer and the campaign mode... that usually one of these were the main feature of any successful racing game ever released) are missing, plus there is a lot of stuff that still needs some hard work.

I'm completely sure that Reiza will deliver it sooner than later, but they CAN'T loose the pace. The last update (the 1.5) was really massive, but the game is three and a half years old and yet miss a lot... can say for sure it's not 50% complete even in core features (as a good MP system and a campaign mode... I'm saying this for the second time because these are really important things, not only in my opinion).

Anyway... not trying to be mean or taxing the lads, nor even complaining about the overall quality (because if wasn't satisfied I would just uninstall AMS2 and forget it... as I did for a couple of years with Assetto Corsa around 2015, when the game was a big pile of rubbish... and even if 90% of that game were fixed by modders, not by Kunos). But it is the first time that Reiza go dark (at least with folks outside the VIP Area) for so long. It's way out of their usual behavior.

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

You're either willfully ignoring, or completely misunderstanding my point.

4. Jugulador

Your point was pretty debatable, but this is not the place to discuss that.

5. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Although the pace of deploying new updates and the publishing dev updates has indeed grown uneven and more spaced out, the pace of development is as strong as ever - the new developments are just growing more complex and harder to assess timelines for, with this latest cycle having proved especially unpredictable which makes it harder to communicate much without ending up with foot firmly in mouth as per my two latest posts in this thread.

There´s not much longer to wait now though, and hopefully once you all get to see the results from the efforts of the last 3 months it will again be clear they were not wasted :)

• Like Like x 27
    • Winner Winner x 11
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Jugulador

O silencio só aumenta a saudades, irmão rs

Thank you for the update, sir. If that is the case, then you are doing it right.

Abração!

• Like Like x 5