1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 June Development Update - It´s Official Release Time!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

018.jpg
    Greetings everyone! Slightly early development update this month to bring you all some exciting news!

In last month´s development update we estimated AMS2 to come out of Early Access some time in mid June - as it turned out we ended up stretching that a bit further, but we can finally confirm Automobilista 2 will be officially released at some point tomorrow, June 30th!

Since the last Early Access update we have continued to push hard these last couple of weeks to ensure v1.0 is a big jump from the latest v0.9.7.0, and that I think we have achieved - v1.0 packs a ton of new content, several key developments in all areas of the game, as well as the new championship mode (albeit limited for this first release).

We are happy to say we have also fulfilled the majority of the goals we had set out to achieve during Early Access, and the little bits that are still due should not take much longer. The official release of course does not mean the game is done - as we keep stressing AMS2 is a long-term project which will continue to see major game updates covering every front of development and bundles of new cars and tracks (free and paid) being released in a monthly basis all the way to the end of the year and beyond - the V1 milestone is all but the end of the beginning, a solid baseline upon which we will continue to build on for a long time.

As I write this we are still working around the clock to get this release ready tomorrow so let´s go straight to what you should know about what is coming tomorrow:

Lots of New Content
    049.jpg
    Those coming from v0.9.7.0 will find plenty of new content to enjoy in v1.0: of the cars and tracks previously released in Automobilista 1, we have added the original Stock Car season from 1979 complete with historical liveries; the reformed Granja Viana kart track with its latest configurations; revived the much missed Autodromo Nelson Piquet in Brasilia and Copa Montana series, rounding up our AMS1 upgrades for AMS2 release. More oldies will be added later on this year so don´t lose faith you´re see one of your old favorites back!
    012.jpg
    The highlights however are in the brand new stuff: there´s a classic portuguese track, our first two of several recently licensed Ginettas (G55 GT4 Supercup & G58 that competes in P1 class of Brazilian Endurance), the revamped F-Retro series in its first generation, featuring no less than 3 classic Grand Prix cars - the Lotus 72E, the Brabham BT44 and Mclaren M23 - tossing these cars sideways around one of our growing roster of historical tracks which already includes 1970s versions of Interlagos, Imola, Kyalami, Spielberg, with Hockenheimring and Silverstone soon to join that list in full variable weather glory is bound to be one of the most enjoyable experiences you will have with Automobilista 2!
    042.jpg
    For fans of such historical cars and tracks, keep in mind there is a lot more where these came from to join Automobilista 2 in the coming months :)

043.jpg
    Pricing Update

Those of you who have been keeping track of our Early Access plans will be aware that the game has had a built-in discount during this EA period - 40% to begin with, 20% currently with release supposed to bring us to the eventual full price of US$ 49.99 / €44.99

With release time coinciding with the Steam Summer sale however we have elected to keep the current pricing for a few more weeks. Not only that - with Hockenheimring scheduled to be our first DLC soon after v1 release, everyone who bought the Game in Early Access or comes to buy it before the end of the Steam Summer Sale will receive the Hockenheimring DLC (which includes 1977, 1988 and 2001 historical versions) for free!

After the sale Hockenheimring will be sold independently and as part of the AMS2 2020-2021 Season Pass.

Introducing the New Generation of Stock Car Brasil
    PNG - STOCK CAR - 2020 - Preto.png
    The Stock Car Brasil series has a special meaning for Reiza, as it was the subject of our very first sim back in 2011 it has since continued to be a regular fixture in our titles, and one with which we enjoy a close relationship with.

Automobilista 2 pays tribute to this long term relationship by including several Historical seasons (the very first one from 1979, the classic 1986 and soon also the 1999 season, the last using Chevrolet Omegas, alongside the well-known last gen cars from the 2019 season.

We now take a step with the series into the future as AMS2 release will have the honor of introducing the new 2020 generation of Stock Car Brasil - now featuring two manufacturers with the Toyota Corolla joining the Chevrolet Cruze.
    030.jpg
    This new generation of Stock Cars have been redesigned to bring the cars closer to its roots - although still based on the same chassis of the JL09 that fielded the series in the last decade, these have been reprofiled to become a little more Stock, a little less prototype, featuring several elements of their production counterparts and a lot less aero components relative to the cars of 2019.

The series is scheduled to kick off with its first race this weekend, but before that drivers will be entering the virtual track to compete on the first round of the official E-Sports series this Wednesday July 1st!
    036.jpg

We do have one last thing to hopefully make Automobilista 2 v1.0 a truly enjoyable ride for all sim racers. You will not have to wait long to find out what it is!

See you all on track tomorrow...

• Winner x 72
    • Like x 34
    • Friendly x 10
    • Agree x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  2. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

:hurrayreiza::hurrayreiza::hurrayreiza::hurrayreiza::hurrayreiza::hurrayreiza::hurrayreiza:

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Porsche Cup Car?

• Like x 5
    • Optimistic x 3
    • Dislike x 2
    • Creative x 2
    • Agree x 1
  4. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Time to uninstall beta tomorrow and go Main Release. I need to make hours, so I can show off I love AMS 2 <3 (AMS 2 Beta timecount doesn't show :()

@Renato Simioni @Domagoj Lovric @Heitor Facuri Cicoti I know you get 10000's notifications every day, but I want to sincerely thank you for all these months. You guys and your team helped me going back into simracing after my two cats died in 2018 and 2019.

I picked it up again in Augustus 2019 after the second cat died. I loved AMS 1 and I love AMS 2. I appreciated the changes during the months for AMS 2. It was one of the better Beta and Early Acces I've ever had. It was in the same ballpark as Paul Coleman's Dirt Rally 1 Early Acces. So I am really satisfied. I also hope my feedback was useful to a degree.

At last I want to thank you for all the passion put into the sim and I hope for a bright future, and surely curious what the first two year will being for us simmers, the company Reiza and AMS 2. I also hope you guys stay strong during these crazy times and hope you are all safe where Covid is still going wrecking around.

Yours,

Marius.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
    • Like Like x 17
    • Friendly Friendly x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

Ufa... I was about to ask:

[​IMG]

:whistle:

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Msportdan

Msportdan Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

amazing and again thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  7. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Adjustable mirror angles !?! :D

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. fandog

fandog New Member

9. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

Awesome stuff Reiza, thank you :hurrayreiza:

Hope it's early tomorrow, Wednesday is my first day back at work after three months :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  10. AlexBfromG

AlexBfromG Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

Thanks for the update, hoping a lot of the bugs have been squashed, as it must have been (And no doubt still is) a heck of a push with the amount of work needed, under such pressure.
    I hope those screaming for V1.0 needlessly will be entirely happy with the released state. They have to be, as so much emphasis is put on V1.0 being rushed out for some reason...
    To me, it's just another great update. (Hopefully with more bug fixes).

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. ozcanuck

ozcanuck Active Member

Outstanding, looking forward to new classic F1, Montanas and 2020 Stock Cars....and thanks for Hockenheim!!!!

• Like Like x 2
  13. ozcanuck

ozcanuck Active Member

14. psone

psone Guest

So excited for the future of AMS 2. Its fast becoming my sim of choice. Thank you Reiza.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Óscar Melero

Óscar Melero foxtochop AMS2 Club Member

:hurrayreiza:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Takfar

Takfar Member AMS2 Club Member

2020 stock cars! Yahooow! I had been watching a few videos over the past couple weeks to get up to to speed with the new cars, and hoping we might get to drive them on AMS sooner rather than later. My wish is fulfilled! Can't wait for tomorrow.

Congrats Renato and the Reiza team for this huge achievement. Long live Reiza!

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. slider916

slider916 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It's tomorrow somewhere already!

• Like Like x 2
  18. Stickdeath1980

Stickdeath1980 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Can confirm G55 GT4 Supercup are sick to drrive also 2020 stock car's O.O

19. gov47

gov47 Member AMS2 Club Member