1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 March 2023 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 3, 2023.

1. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

Fangio would be great .. but Tazio would be even better!

Yes, AMS2 needs a proper 50’s 2.5L formula car and early 60’s 1.5L formula car to cover all the major F1 engine formulae since 1950… but a proper pre-war Grand Prix DLC is long, long overdue. Think Mercedes, Auto Union, Enzo’s Alfa team, etc.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2023
    • Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 5
  2. ChrisPayne

ChrisPayne Member AMS2 Club Member

Depending how modding support goes - Slow Motion Modding Group (SMMG) will look at porting our 2019-2023 F3 mod across from rF2.
    I make no promises here - and we don't know the effort involved either. I'll keep monitoring and engage the rest of the team for a decision at some point - and that decision may still be no!

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. YOUNG IL YOON

YOUNG IL YOON crossfieldz_ROK AMS2 Club Member

Is it a new Reiza logo?
    VideoCapture_20230305-105854.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Demeisen

Demeisen Well-Known Member

I doubt it, but I love it!

Edit: Official t-Shirt, right there! Gold on black. Make it happen, Reiza. :D

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  5. benvelor

benvelor Member

great news!
    I can't wait for download it!
    unfortunatly, I would have more time to enjoy this masterpiece... :oops:
    And I always hope in a career mode in various eras, from minors to top cars: 60s to 00s (obviously separated, a 80yo driver is not realistic! :p)

6. Sputafuoco

Sputafuoco Member

I tried a couple of races with the formula inter and the player slipstream is much stronger than the ai one, is too easy to pass the ai on the straight and they can't do nothing; even between them they barely pass each other on the straight. I tried at Interlagos, Ibarra and Watkins Glen with 100 and low aggression (usually I set the AI at 108/110 but is too fast)

7. Cheesenium

Cheesenium Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for writing this update. It is so nice to read this than see T10 pulling 6 brand-new cars from the new FM that are literally in trailers, screenshots and other official marketing. How long has AMS2 had the Cadillac DPi? Seriously, it is a joke from these multi-billion companies.

I know these things happens, like the certain car with wheels that are opened in AMS2 but I do not expect it from a multibillion company failing to license an obsolete 2018 Audi R8 GT3 for their next major game.

Thanks for making AMS2, Reiza. I don't test the dev build as much but I really appreciate your passion, work ethic and the game at present. I should play more than psychologically hooked to do boring trash in Horizon 5 which made throwing trash from kitchen more fun.

Still, about that Aston Martin.... I hope its not far now.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think its also at 70s silverstone

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Is that just me of this RC build lost the kerb effect in the FFB? I have FX set to 50 on a DD2 Fanatec and I don't feel the kerbs anymore. Let me know, I'll report the bug if other confirms.

10. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Not all curbs have rumble-strips but, I would be surprised if the effect were suddenly missing from ffb. Have you tried any custom ffb profiles to compare? The custom ones can have such effects increased pretty easily.

11. Demeisen

It’s all over the place*. Some tracks have no haptics on the strips, while others have haptics on certain corners. Some strips have to haptics for the back area of wide strips, but not the front, while other tracks have haptics on one side of the track only. I tested three quarters of the tracks (a miserable week of slowly driving around every track variation), until I lost the will to live.

Conclusion: almost every track is either missing all haptics, most haptics or some haptics. Bathurst 83 seems to be pretty complete, which is nice.

*with a controller.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  12. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Honestly, if Reiza opened a merch store I'd buy stuff from it pretty much instantly :D Doubt it'll happen but there's always a chance

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  13. PaulA

PaulA Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm assuming this is the way around the "John Player Special" cigarette branding that would have been time specific.
    Reiza cannot obviously use this sponsorship - in a similar way that many retro tracks have "Fasters" sponshorships instead of "Fosters" beer.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

Tragic fact: there was a fatal accident under this footbridge in 1986 that directly lead to the creation of the chase for the following year's race. Mike Burgmann was the first death in a Bathurst 1000km enduro.

Video of the aftermath here (viewer discresion advised)

There was no footage of the crash itself, but saw this interesting account from D1ck Johnson in the comments section:

"I first spotted Mike Burgmann’s Commodore as it was attacked by Garry Willmington’s Falcon [sic: it was a Jaguar XJS]. They were coming down the straight at jaw-dropping speed; Willmington was doing close to 280km/h as he pulled alongside Burgmann, attempting a high-risk overtake.

I’d seen such moves before, and I knew that the pass was fraught with danger. I kept on watching, aware that they were now both in an awkward position, and sensed that something was about to unfold. You had to be really cautious coming down the Mountain when you hit the bumps – we didn’t have shock absorbers like you do today – otherwise your car would shimmy and shake all over the place. You were also likely to fly into the air as your 1,500kg machine smacked into the small bumps and sail towards the sky before returning to earth with a thud.

There were no aerodynamics on our cars to speak of, nothing to pin them to the ground. If two cars were close enough to each other, a vacuum would be created that would suck the two vehicles together like gigantic magnets. Both Burgmann and Willmington’s cars left the ground at the same time. My heart was in my mouth. In a split second the situation became deadly.

As both cars hurtled through the air, the vacuum sucked them together and they touched – the impact sending Burgmann flying off the road in a violent spin toward the Dunlop Bridge. When I came around to the Bridge, my fears were confirmed.

Emergency workers picked him up out of the back left-hand corner of the car. They didn’t stop the race and they didn’t tell us officially until after, but we already knew Burgmann was dead. These sorts of things can happen and I tried to shrug it off, even though I was a bit angry because it could have been avoided.

Burgmann was a personal friend of the track promoter Ivan Stibbard, who was, understandably, in a bad way. "You guys don’t believe me when I say these cars are going dreadfully fast now," I said. "Without aerodynamics they become aeroplanes."

The cameras seemingly didn't capture the crash itself, but it must've been the stuff of nightmares: he sailed over the concrete retaining wall and had a head-on collision with an earth bank (only slightly mitigated by a layer of tyres) that was meant to be protecting the Dunlop Bridge, at close to maximum speed. The engine was ripped completely from the car and the fenders were crumpled like beer cans, right back to the firewall. The impact was so violent Burgmann's safety harness broke and he had to be retrieved from the back seat."

• Informative Informative x 13
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Iuri

Iuri New Member

I agree. It would be good to have sole graphical option to run with less gpu needs.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Iuri

Iuri New Member

Nice idea! The championship creation could easily be unlimited :) so we can revisit it and create variations alike previous championships.

17. Iuri

Iuri New Member

Glad to see it always improving and going further, I dont have any dlcs but anyways I find the formula inter to be the new content that will take more of my atrention. I really enjoy the physics and the car/tracks on the base ams2 game. I do use Racing Life as a way to go through all the different content. It feels like I can learn more about driving when needing to drive different cars, with its singular traits and have ways to evolve. It really feels already like the most complete and true racing sim. Hope that a career mode could make it even more popular and get people to enjoy the feeling of trying the many tracks/cars that are available. Keep up with the good work.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  18. Cheesenium

Cheesenium Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Gonna be honest, I tried the beta track with a few cars. Even in a modern GT3, braking into the corner at the end after conrad straight was terrifying, in a game on a monitor. And these monsters are doing 280kmph with no aero, modern electronics or engineering in the 1980s. These people who raced these ATCC back then have balls of steel.

I have seen some of these 1980s ATCC in real life, these are the cars that I will never forget how they sound. They sounded like rolling thunder with anger issues, especially the Jag V12 which is even louder than the late 1980s and early 1990s F1s on the same track and same day.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Demeisen

Wow, that's absolutely horrifying. Very interesting about side-draughting though. I'd heard Allan McNish talk about exploiting slipstream tows by driving close beside another car, but I had no idea that the effect could be so dramatic with certain car designs.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2023
    • Like Like x 3