1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 March 2023 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 3, 2023.

1. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Noticed an issue with the Porsche 911 GT1 damage.

The hood for some reason takes a ridiculous amount of damage to fly off in comparisson to the other gt1 cars its easier to loose a wheel in a frontal crash than the hood

2. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

I cant follow you about this "artificial help saving the rear".
    At least on the higher powered formula cars that is my favorites then the slide/slip behaviour feels reasonable "realistic" compared against the full opposition.:)

The only thing I feel weird is in mid corners in higher speed driving on the limit.:cool:
    Mandatory when you try to control an oversteer slide with the throttle the car suddenly change to understeer (front slide out/forward) - instead of what should happen: the rear slide further out.

ByTheWay: Personally I think its a general anomaly in the tire model where the Mad engine does some miscalculations going from loosing grip to regaining it.
    But again - compared to the whole competition we are talking about something that is probably solvable.
    Hehe no I dont wanna compare to iRacing which is complete bullocs in this regaining area.:rolleyes:

3. Maxi Sabino

Maxi Sabino Member AMS2 Club Member

When will we have a more friendly way to watch replays? The other thing I have perceived is some kind of extrange camber on all cars; they look like they have positive camber, which is really awful (may be this is a wrong perception from me).

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  4. blanes

blanes Member

Thanks so much for the wonderful news about Nords and Suds ... Really excited to see your creations there ... have enjoyed them in ac but I know they will be extraordinarily great in ams2 ! :cool:

5. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

I don't think it's a wrong perception.
    Unfortunately camber changes to the cars, don't seem to be represented graphically.
    As you can see here with the negatively cambered Super V8 car compared to a real one.
    upload_2023-3-17_19-4-51.png

I've got to say as well (being a bit of an fanboy), that despite being very old and out of date in some areas, Live For Speed offers a very accurate graphical representation of the car's setup, including camber changes:
    upload_2023-3-17_19-12-14.png

Last edited: Mar 17, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

showroom is not an exact representation of setups you made. Its just a car showroom.
    Also its a known "bug", that grafical representation on track is also not very accurate.
    As long as physics calculations are correct, dependend to the settings, it should not be a real problem. Especially when driving in cockpit view it has just very low relevance.

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. Richirichi

Richirichi Member

I know this is a bug, but onboard TC is still not functioning, ABS does. Is anyone else having this issue? It doesn’t function at all, either on my CSL DD, or button box. I’ll post it again on the bug thread, which I’ve done a couple of times already. Hopefully this can be fixed soon, or is there a workaround? Thanks guys

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

It is an exact representation though, because it doesn't matter what camber settings you have, or whether the car is on track or showroom - the graphical representation is the same.

As I said it's only a graphical problem.

Also, the other cars you can see outside your windscreen.

9. Brainbug

Brainbug Inside Virtual Reality AMS2 Club Member

Graphics and physics should be in sync.
    Most of the users do not follow and read the forum at all.
    So no wonder when folks start to question if settings are on and working.
    Chamber visually a must have imho, not just in open wheelers.

but hey, we have even bigger probs with visuals, front wheels still are visually full side all time sometimes.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. Shoveit

Shoveit New Member

I know what you're talking about I saw it a few days ago watching the replay of some F Vee race. The back wheels looking so positive like the car is broken. I don't remember seeing this before the update and I watch replays kinda often. Easy fix that works at least for me is when the replay starts and you see the issue appears let it play for a few seconds and click the button that restart the playback from the beginning.

Overall I really don't like the replay and the showroom mechanics in ams2. I know it comes from the roots of the engine and there is no way around it but still. You're not even able to see your whole lap at Nords (or a track with laptime more than 120 seconds) or open the Copa Truck in the showroom to take a look at those tyres. Both features have this arcade, console like feel to them, like they are coming from Codies game or something. I will be more then happy if the devs find some solutions, but I'm not expecting it to happen soon, if anything happens at all.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2023
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. WALLACE ALMEIDA MARINHO

WALLACE ALMEIDA MARINHO Active Member

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  13. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

After all these years with the Mad engine it looks more and more like you are right.
    These annoying shortcommings will probably be staying - and will probably also be some of the reasons the audience in a longer perspective will leave for more complete or proper simulations.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

These are minor issues... That ultimately wouldn't turn someone off from wanting the best sim racing experience between car and track they can find...

AMS2's biggest issue is that people still see it as another pCARS clone with arcade physics and AI that rams you as badly as they do in ACC... The bugs aren't even mentioned by most sim racers whenever it's brought up in a sim racing focussed forum... It's the memories of the Madness engine from before 1.4 that screws up AMS2 current place in the marketplace...

Which is why I keep hammering that an improved MP experience will give AMS2 the word of mouth promotion that it desperately needs...

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  15. blanes

blanes Member

Wow this is awesome, but couldn't see Le Man there ... maybe still being worked on ? Would love to drive Banochbrae in ams2

• Like Like x 3
  16. WALLACE ALMEIDA MARINHO

Bem, estou tentando, passei 30 minutos e ainda não consegui If I'm trying, I've spent 30 minutes and still haven't been able to, I'll wait for a video explaining it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  17. WALLACE ALMEIDA MARINHO

If I'm trying, I've spent 30 minutes and still haven't been able to, I'll wait for a video explaining it.

• Like Like x 1
  18. AlexBfromG

AlexBfromG Well-Known Member

just give the formula inters a spin, and they are alot of fun. Bathurst 1983, driving wise it feels the same, and in hindsight, its ok to have but not a must imo. i like the environmental work on all tracks though. Im also excited to see Nordschleife at last, and then its only 2 more months till 100 years of that race in the french countryside. wink wink

i dont care what you do, but just release the DLC and a field of cars in time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Or they delay it and the content isn’t rushed and full of bugs

• Like Like x 3
  20. AlexBfromG

AlexBfromG Well-Known Member

you can not delay something that would coincide with the anniversary of the greatest race in the world. just as you dont buy rings after honeymoon. i call this marketing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1