1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 March 2023 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 3, 2023.

1. Jebus

Jebus The Lying Finn AMS2 Club Member

This...

...and this. Pretty please.

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

I already said I'll be trowing my money at Reiza for this kind of content, but also some Endurance features like some way to save your progress in a long race, people say it's not possible with this engine, but I want to believe haha, also a more intuitive way to change to a AI driver if I wanted to take a break, something like b-spec on GT4. Since this is the year for endurance some endurance features would be needed too.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Turbo Granny

When you say that what it means? It's in any way different from the Porsche license for example?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

There is no such thing as "the BMW license" or "the Porsche license." Every license arrangement is different and may include one, some or all of a brand's vehicles, usually with payment per vehicle.

So, let's assume Reiza has not paid to use every BMW ever produced...and the same for Porsche or any other brand that's already in the game or not-yet in the game.

All that can be assumed is that if at least one vehicle from brand "X" is already in the game there is some prior good communication and satisfactory business transaction. Adding more licensed content will always involve the usual business case rationalization, which includes all the internal costs to produce the vehicle in addition to licensing costs.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I forgot about the Porsche somehow. sorry

I believe they have the same type of licensing

the only license i think is different is the GR Toyota as it only covers the stock car corolla as far as i know

6. Pandytim99

thats intersting, I did not knew that.

7. Turbo Granny

Well whatever with the 963 or the M Hybrid V8 I would be on the clouds haha, throw in a couple of the new GT3s too for good measure.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Pandytim99

Same

My dream would reiza do to endurance what they did to F1 with multiple generations of cars

something like stuff from late60's to today stuff

My (now outdated wishlist) is here: Wishlist/ideas for future content (dlc/mods)

you can make a full blown wishlist there if you want to

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Turbo Granny

Hard not to remember the Le Mans DLC for PC2 now, something similar to that would be perfect. But also throwing some free stuff together like Reiza is used to do.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Nava

Nava New Member

I hope modding will help to extend the sim's life, surely it will be a great help

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah a GT3 Gen 2 could be a good idea, and could include:

• Mclaren 720s GT3 Evo
    • Mercedes AMG GT3 Evo
    • BMW M4 GT3
    • Porsche 911 992 GT3
    • Nissan GTR GT3 2018
    Whilst I dont feel that the newer versions are substantially different to the GT3 currently in the game in terms of driving experience, it would be cool to have current gen GT3 racing cars and they would be popular to drive as they already are in acc.

I suspect the practical reason ams2 would want to have a new GT3 class would be to accomodate the low downforce package which newer GT3 will be able to now use at high speed French track, and keep them seperate from older GT3 which dont have it homologated.

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. Pandytim99

Thats the dream

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Pandytim99

I have been thinking the same thing a GT3 gen 2 woulda been nice or maybe a separation from the GT3 that run on brazilian endurance

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Turbo Granny

Speaking of wich I freaking forgot to watch the Império Endurance Brasil season opener today, guess I'll watch the replay on youtube, wanted to see that Sigma P1.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

Said it before and I'll say it again... The Peugeot LMH is the coolest looking car on the grid... And it absolutely fits in with AMS2s weird and wonderful line up of cars...

• Agree Agree x 7
  16. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

I seriously do not understand anyone who assumes that because X amount of cars have been licensed for a title for one brand, that it means all of that brands models are now available...

I do not know of a single licensing deal that has been like that... It's always been on a per model basis even when many models have been licensed in a single deal...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

i think, the only one is Classic Lotus.
    But this is a non existing manufacturer, where one group seem to hold the most licenses.

18. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Or the assumption that every car manufacturer has technical drawings, designs and specs available for every car made in the last 100 years that they will readily hand over to sim devs in exchange for money. I would not be surprised if some rather famous race cars from the past have no relevant design documentation remaining.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Laulenture

Laulenture The me of sim racing AMS2 Club Member

This is why I usually talk about relationships, the reasons why Reiza is more easily able to add cars from manufacturers already featured in AMS2 is because it's easier when you have an established relationship. The manufacturer has already worked with you so they are more easily convinced to continue doing so. I expect getting your first license from a car maker to usually be the hardest part (apart from making the car in-game ofc).

I agree, endurance racing as so, so many great cars, series and eras, a big endurance focus from Reiza post season past would be the dream for me too. Next would be touring/grand touring which is convenient since the two have a habit of overlapping.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

When?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1