Automobilista 2 March 2023 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 3, 2023.

1. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I would like to see some more (modern) nords combos like rF2 has, for example the layout with the full nordschliefe but the short gp layout. (i think its called the vln layout). Maybe these could extend to vintage nords. GpGlaps did a video on it. I do from somewhere that modern nords would be updated at some point so maybe that would be when more layouts are added.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

that would be the end of April update then, as I understood updates would be released every even month

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah but they just said they split this update into 2 parts and the other half is coming at the end of the month

• Like Like x 1
  4. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Also nice to see some more licensed series coming into ams2. Hopefully the next one would be the new brazilian nascar series which replaced the sprint car series

• Like Like x 4
  5. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

If you guys get the chance, can you please add the AMG "Ban Hammer" to AMS2? Back in the day, that thing was a beast....

• Like Like x 2
  6. MapleHamwich

MapleHamwich New Member

Interesting. Happy to see some of the plans.

Please, please, please take the time to rename the historic formula cars. Just call them F## where the ## is the year of the first regulations for that car. The current naming is far too confusing for the casual historic fan. It's a mess to sort through for anyone who isn't even a casual fan.

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. ray64040

ray64040 Member AMS2 Club Member

For the multiplayer quality-of-life developments that will be delivered over the next few months will they be available both when hosting from the game and when hosting with a dedicated server?

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. kingkoenig

kingkoenig Active Member

I had never heard of Formula Inter before (I’m not Brazilian), but I am impatient to try it. One of the reasons I love Reiza sims is that they offer cars and tracks that are not found in other titles. So, obrigado Reiza for this new car!

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Burl

Burl Member

Definitely agree there. The only ones I understand are the Formula Vintage and the Formula USA. There are too many Formula Retros and Formula Classics for me to make sense of. Also Retro, Vintage, and Classic all seem like different words to say the same thing, but they vary in year from 1960s to the 2000s (I think). Not sure I'd call a car from the 2000s "Classic", personally.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

It’s still under consideration, but we want to be further along with our longer term plans before going there.

Still assessing what is possible - should have some developments in that area for v1.5 towards the end of the semester.

Main bottleneck atm is in track production as there have been several heavy duty projects that proved more demanding than anticipated, and the same is already turning out to be the case with the dirt content in Adrenaline, so the schedule is surely going to be extended by a couple of months at least.

On the topic of schedules, it’s always tricky to assess project timelines in advance as many of the challenges are unknown before hand, meaning schedules are often little more than targets based on educated guesses for new features or code-dependent improvements, and often also for tracks (specially the historic ones). Cars on the other hand are more straight-forward to assess, hold-ups there are usually down to licensing matters or some change in strategy.

Admitedly, in the effort to provide users some foresight I still often make things harder for ourselves and more frustrating to you all by announcing these plans a bit too early and then ending up with foot in my mouth.. It’s a balance I’m still trying to get right.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2023
    • Like Like x 33
    • Informative Informative x 11
    • Friendly Friendly x 10
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Good thing Reiza didn't either. Its just you imagining things.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I bought AMS2 long time ago so one day I get the Adrenaline pack (dirt vehicles, road dirt tracks but not ovals).. can't wait!!

• Like Like x 4
  13. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You're really going to make me decide between backing Reiza or backing Ian's new project aren't you...

• Funny Funny x 6
  14. ayrton2388

ayrton2388 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I'd personally want more open wheelers than another GT3 car. So that's totally fine with me.
    And a Formula 4 equivalent for rookie drivers actually sounds perfect, i can't wait to give that a go.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Burl

Burl Member

On this topic, I know it probably can't be discussed by devs, but I still hope we'll see the Aston Martins that were shown a year or so ago. Anything to fill out the classes further.

• Agree Agree x 7
  17. Ref 35

Ref 35 L U H G

The more open wheelers the better, keep them coming.. Magnificent news about the Sudschleife, I really do think it's going to be the definitive version of the Nurburgring in sim racing.

• Agree Agree x 7
  18. GregzVR

GregzVR P1 passion, P10 talent.

I won’t be at my PC until tomorrow. Can anyone confirm it the issues with the Formula Classics and custom skins have been resolved. I’m ready to flip some tables otherwise! :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. WALLACE ALMEIDA MARINHO

WALLACE ALMEIDA MARINHO Active Member

What time does the update come out?

20. WALLACE ALMEIDA MARINHO

WALLACE ALMEIDA MARINHO Active Member

I would like to see the LMP 900 in the game I really like that beautiful red Toyota

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 6