1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 March 2023 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 3, 2023.

1. Beezer215

Beezer215 Member

I'm praying to baby Jesus that you guys worked on the lateral rear end grip on power with a lot of the cars.
    Ohhhh laaaaawwwwwwwwdddd make it true.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 2
  2. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

So you telling me the game is dying because of “too much open wheelers”?

that’s the dumbest “criticism” I’ve seen about AMS 2 lmao

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeees please!!

I’d love to see the v12 LMR, Audi R8, Panoz LMP1 and the gorgeous Bentley Speed 8 if possible in the future

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Cassini

Cassini 3D Artist and Video Editor AMS2 Club Member

Hi, I'm very happy to know that AMS2 is being evolved on several fronts.
    I'm going to hop in the game asap!

Are there any plans to give some more love to the ovals?
    Like adding some immersion features from this post:

"The system will receive further developments in the near future, with additions of a visible pace car, flag waving marshals and integration with the track’s lighting system; it will also offer components and regulation variables from the road racing side of things, such as virtual safety cars."

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

It has been addressed. Some livery packs might need adaptation to the renaming of the reordering of classes from creator side but driver models should sit in their cars again (when the update drops)!

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. John Cobb

John Cobb Member AMS2 Club Member

How anyone can post such vile comments towards the development team is beyond my comprehension. Surely we can all see the passion they have for motorsport with what they bring with every content drop & Hot fix update. For me it's getting better and better.
    Reiza please don't be disheartened by these ignorant fools who post this bile. It deeply saddens me you have see these comments. On a lighter note...Who cannot love a Sim Racing Game that's got animated cows.
    Kind Regards J.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Would it be possible to get a trackmap that shows the whole track or only zooms in very slightly. The current trackmap is unusable for me because it zooms in too close.

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Like Like x 3
  8. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm interested to know this as well but honestly I'm just hoping they fixed the problem where if you had the lap count above 99 the AI would break

• Like Like x 2
  9. CrimsonEminence

It's a valid request, it's unfortunately not that easy to realize without having to deal with gremlins that come with it in games own HUD (Software just can behave weird in certain circumstances). So we can't give you any definitive answer on that yet.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You can use a simhub overlay trackmap for now until they add this option

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  11. CrimsonEminence

The issues with exploding AI at longer race distances are under review, it might take a while and some things need more time but it's been looked at! (oval racing especially on speedways in particular is due to receive some tweaks but it's taking a bit still so i don't want to get your hopes up for the next soon to be released update yet, tests already show success in rectifying that though)

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

The point is not if it's worth... I sure would like to play a sim that those graphics are more real than reality... but the issue is if I will be able to at least play it.
    I accept your condolences AND also accept the donation of VGA, RAM memory, SSD or a FFB steering wheel to replace my DFGT:)

Would be nice if the impact is that negligible... but just reminding you that I already cant anymore enjoy races at night with rain, that is something that I could do when AMS2 was released.

Just saying that IF Reiza can give us more options to optimize performance (could be even by text file editing) it would be immensely welcome. Maybe you can't do it now, but when it's possible will still be appreciated.

Also, hardware donation would be welcome from anyone:D

Abração!

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm not talking about that... I'm talking about the car's racing single file and not passing unless you ram then out of line

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. WALLACE ALMEIDA MARINHO

WALLACE ALMEIDA MARINHO Active Member

Will we still have grids fuller with more cars, I would love to race against 50 cars.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  15. CrimsonEminence

That's a completely different kind of performance impact. I can tell you that i was worried about performance impact aswell due to my "not too good machine", but the 3D trees don't seem to produce any notable impact. (and again: try Granja Viana Kart, it should already have the 3D trees as proof of concept if i'm not mistaken, there is basically no difference to other tracks)

This is also under review and a constant process but there are findings aswell. (will probably also take a little longer than the soon to be released update, it has good reasons though)

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. WALLACE ALMEIDA MARINHO

One thing that could also be corrected at the Nurbugring in the DPI they do per stop on the first lap.I would also like the grids to be increased from 32 to 40 to 50 cars in the Grid.I also really wanted to see the Toyota GT One and the LMP900 and LMP 1 LM and LMDH.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  17. CrimsonEminence

You mean DPi are stopping too often/early? This might be part of the discovered AI pit stop quirks which will receive some tweaks for next update. There were cases of AI doing empty pit stops and pitting too often and with too little wear, too soon for wets in light rain, excessive number of stops in the dry aswell etc.

• Like Like x 5
  18. WALLACE ALMEIDA MARINHO

It's stopping a lot even with the clear weather without at Nurbugring with 1 lap completed, there are already about 10 cars from the 29 to the Pits without changes in the weather, And with normal wear and tear (realistic) She can't do 3 laps of the 5 laps that the tank provides on the 25 km track.Check from one hour to another with 10 laps you are already half a track apart on the 25 km track the AI makes stops every 2 laps at the beginning of the race it stops on the 1st lap.While I take 5 laps to stop in the pits.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Nice! Good to see you guys squashing bugs! Is the fix for the real weather issue in custom championships in the pipeline? It's a shame for such a nice feature to be unusable for us offline racers.

Looking forward for classic nurb(when it eventually releases) and that little open wheeler.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. CrimsonEminence

Thanks for the report - Yeah, we noticed such cases, also being part of the aforementioned findings. AI regularly pits way too often not only in DPi but also other classes, we'll continue to monitor that!

• Agree Agree x 2