1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 March 2024 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 16, 2024.

1. Laulenture

Laulenture The me of sim racing AMS2 Club Member

Isn't formula E using more and more dedicated circuit anyway?

Either way in my experience on rF2 the gen 2 were really fun on shorter/medium length tracks like estoril. From my understanding the gen3 should suit even more track like these too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Paulo Frazao

Paulo Frazao Member AMS2 Club Member

Be careful don't push too much with your opinion. Reiza is working on this and we have to be patient.:)

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This is my opinion and speculation, but with the new IMSA partnership I think the online element of the game might get more focus than planned before. Maybe as per the agreement IMSA might want to do some official online events and stuff. I dont care much for online, but its definitely an important part of any game that has some kind of competitive aspect to it.

4. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

:rolleyes:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. kingkoenig

kingkoenig Active Member

I'm no fan of Verstappen or Red Bull, but I would not blame him for F1's current soul-crushing boredom. I blame the other teams for not being able to improve their own cars. Is there really only one competent car designer in F1?

• Agree Agree x 6
  6. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

Meanwhile Nascar since 2022 has some of the most amazing racing because there is actual passing moves happening and intense side-by-side racing from start to finish. And this last Sunday's Cup race at Bristol was one of the most amazing short track races ever. From start to finish !

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Mario Roberto

Mario Roberto New Member

Please, please, fix the grip level for GT3 Gen2 Cars, all of them feels like you're driving on ice all the time.

• Disagree Disagree x 14
    • Agree Agree x 4
  8. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Probably the worst class in the game, both GT3 gens, yeah. Let's hope that gets better with the physics revisions that have been announced.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. kivipallur1

kivipallur1 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Well, I don't know how many competent designeres there are but Adrian is the only one "who can see air". So having him is a massive massive bonus but there are other big issues like budget cap and no winter nor on season testing. When teams/designers get their **** wrong there is no money or no time to learn and experiment with different options. Budget cap and testing limit were brought on to level the playing field but it works other way around when one teams gets things right. It is really really hard to catch up with minor upgrades + very little chance for rookies to get track experience.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  10. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Oh yay, more "F1 bad" discourse. yawn.
    Don't even watch it because I know right now it's not my thing (same with NASCAR at the moment), wish others would follow suit instead of complaining about it. Internet hate circle-j*rks are the worst kind of circle-j*rks, does no good other than to rile people up.

• Like Like x 3
  11. wegreenall

wegreenall Active Member

Friends of mine who watch F1 are amazed when I tell them e.g. that the Sebring race in IMSA was won on the third-to-last lap after 12 hours of racing. It was a really good race and IMSA (and WEC) are so much more exciting. Oh, and in a lot of places outside the US IMSA is free to watch. What more could you want?!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Major reason why US racing is so close is because of the artificial bunching up of the field all the time. If F1 did that it would also be more "exciting". If i wasn't done you wouldnt get a last lap fight for the lead every year at Daytona 24h.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  13. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

Michael Masi: “Did someone ask for artificial bunching in F1? Hold my beer….”

• Funny Funny x 7
  14. stealthradek

stealthradek Smooth operatooooooor AMS2 Club Member

I'm not sure. I get what you say, but Nurburgring 24h doesn't have safety cars (just slow zones in affected sectors so no bunching at all) and it's still more exciting to watch than most of F1 races.

A huge appeal to me is the multi-class aspect where the race doesn't turn into hotlapping on the same tracks at the same time :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  15. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

good MP games ensure that you get together with people of the same strength. Try LMU and you'll see how evenly matched a field of drivers can be in official races. It takes so little to inspire the masses.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. GFoyle

GFoyle Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I usually drive the McLaren or the Porsche and neither feels like driving on ice or anything close to it. Have driven that McLaren especially now plenty and on a lot of different tracks and conditions.

For sure you get somewhat different sensation when you go around corners compared to those cars in rF2 or ACC that might feel you are drifting the rear, but it definitely isn't sliding like on ice or not having grip. I usually even drive on the default setup or close to it, so it's not some setup trick either.

• Agree Agree x 11
  17. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

Please record a video on how you drive them, what track, conditions, make the speedo visible too, your full point of view and post it here.

Speaking from my experience drove the BMW and never had a feel like it was "on ice".

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

You are correct and the comment about driving on ice is/was absurd.

Those agreeing have apparently never driven on real ice. Have apparently learned sim racing from console arcade games. Have apparently never used other vehicles in AMS 2, because if they had, they would realize that the GT3s are precisely positioned where they belong in terms of grip among so many series superior to them and so many series inferior to them.

Just when you thought an intelligent and measured discussion about grip and handling of the new SC 2024 breaks out, and there is hope for the world, it's back to this sort of trolling inanity.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  19. brendanrfoley

brendanrfoley Member

I hear you, and you may be right. But my initial point remains — AMS2 has been an incredible entry point to sim racing for me. It's depth of content and best-in-class AI promises a single player experience without equal (for me).

Playing online is the bonus for me, not the default. And titles that treat multiplayer as the default turn me off — and that's okay. You won't find me on forums for online-focused titles complaining about a lack of single player content. That's not who those games are for.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

I don't think he meant that in a literal way - of course they don't drive like they're on ice. The peculiar thing about the GT3 class, though, is that the cars seem to have a pretty significant window of ... well, hard to describe: They don't really feel hooked up a lot of the time, can be pushed surprisingly sideways and when driving you don't really have to take care not to slide and can choose to overstep the threshold quite significantly while losing no pace.

From all cars in AMS2 I feel like these are the ones who suffer the most from a plateau of grip because it feels very out of place with these heavy modern high downforce machines, and also the availability of traction control makes it easier to exploit. I've driven the GT3 Gen2 in a short championship recently and there were circuits were you'd throw these cars around hairpins by using drifting techniques in order to be quick (Termas de Rio Hondo in particular).

It's not really driving on ice, but it's also not quite a feeling of driving on modern racing slicks.

The SC23 by the way is quite similar, but doesn't feel as incorrect to me because the car is a bit lower grip by nature. As for the SC24, I guess it's notformedia...

• Agree Agree x 1