1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 March 2024 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 16, 2024.

1. Jonty Wells

Jonty Wells Member

The MP talk is at least about AMS2. F1 talk isn't.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

I don't think you have to tell people what they can and can't do. Pages of other things have already been talked about in this thread. So cut that crap

• Dislike Dislike x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

I didn’t tell and demand anyone to do anything. I just did a mere suggestion since the discussion didn’t have anything to do with AMS2. I will not argue with you since I like what you do, but no need to be rude

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  4. Danielkart

I don't argue. But your presence is extremely present in every thread. Don't you have a job? Try something different. There is still a world outside, not a virtual one. Meet up with friends or play sports. I don't mean that in a bad way, just good advice from an older gentleman

• Dislike Dislike x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Racinglegend1234

That’s fine, you just seemed irritated. I don’t have a job, but I’m a student. I don’t have any friends (I have tried without any luck) so my time is mostly spent on the forum or playing games when I’m not doing anything school related. I wish I had fun stuff to do :(

• Friendly Friendly x 7
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  6. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

To give both sides of the OT discussion a bit of an orientation:

Game related topics are more suitable for the development update threads than game unrelated topics, that's correct.
    Opening a dedicated discussion might be not the worst idea.

On the other hand, we aren't forcing a topic with that wide of a nature to be pinpoint accurate on topic for the whole time.

As long as it doesn't go out of hand with OT-Posts, we're golden, but we don't want to go through several (let's say more than 2) pages of complete OT.

Cheers!

• Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. Fineraft

Fineraft Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I feel for you brother. It's one of the reasons I don't play much MP.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  8. Fineraft

Fineraft Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree F1 talk doesn't really fit here in this dev update. To be honest, I shouldn't have responded to it. Guess I just wanted to respond to it:oops:.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Danielkart

Very sad to hear that you have no friends

10. Racinglegend1234

Yeah… I haven’t had any friends for quite a long time so I’m a bit used to it, but I wouldn’t say no to having one

• Friendly Friendly x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  11. wegreenall

wegreenall Active Member

Sad to hear this too. Studying can get a bit lonely - i've watched (and even commented on) quite a few of your youtube videos and I like your contributions on here. Do you race online at all? I'm up for trying to find a group to race with as no one else I know i person has the inclination to go all in on simracing (although they claim to be very interested in it).

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Racinglegend1234

Not really. I’ve had the possibility before, but my issue is that I hate the sweaty feeling I get when racing. That’s why I mainly do TT if I play AMS2

• Like Like x 3
  13. Racinglegend1234

I appreciate your very kind comments

14. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

The multiplayer camp speaks constantly here but maybe you either ignore it, or don't visit the forum often enough to see it. And whichever camp speaks more often does not matter because both single player and multiplayer is worked on simultaniously, neither is being left out .

If you feel there are people either aggressive or as you say "narrow-minded" then just add them to the ignore list.

I would not be surprised that more people would come to AMS2 if online was made even better, same with the offline experience, but we are unfortunately not there yet and we can either keep giving our feedback to improve the experience, or leave it for now and come back later in a few weeks, months, or even a year.

I play AMS2 exclusively in a league every Tuesday and Thursday and see the issues myself, i had a few random disconnects, the race start lights are desynchronized and lately there have been new problems of player cars being invisible or only their shadow visible.

You are completely free to speak your opinion, but why do it on behalf of others when they can do that by themselves ? If i start writing WE WANT MORE OVAL TRACKS, would that give my comment any more meaning or purpose to the conversation ? I doubt that, so i will keep writing that I WANT to see more of that in the game and if others reflect the same thoughts or don't, they can speak for themselves.

And on the topic of online, i know that all of us who play AMS2 mainly or even exclusively online, that We definitely all want the online to be better, without any bugs, disconnects, lag, whatever other errors there are and have more robust features for it - but for that we all have to just let Reiza cook, and also keep reporting whatever we find so that the experience can keep on improving. This year is focused a lot on online stability, as Reiza said, so let's keep our fingers crossed.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. Xzanman

Xzanman Active Member

Are there any future plans to be able to run a custom championship online with friends? This for me would be a fantastic feature.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Creative Creative x 1
  16. Danielkart

Unfortunately, that is the ugly side of the whole virtual world. I know the other one without a smartphone, without a PC and without networking, and it was a great time. But that doesn't belong here. Anyway, I apologize if I was too forward and I wish you many friends in the future

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  17. YOUNG IL YOON

YOUNG IL YOON crossfieldz_ROK AMS2 Club Member

Even today, we live in a pale blue dot.:cool::eek::confused:
    Have a deep breath and enjoy.;)

18. Racinglegend1234

It’s okay

19. YOUNG IL YOON

YOUNG IL YOON crossfieldz_ROK AMS2 Club Member

How about ventilation seat? It is also good for man ;)
    Screenshot_20240320_211556_Google.jpg

20. Racinglegend1234

I’m interested in one, but since I live with my parents I need to convince them. Issue is that it’s hard

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1