1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 May 2020 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 30, 2020.

1. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Strange, I hate monthly fee models. That’s one reason why I don’t buy IRacing for example although I could afford it. It’s a matter of personal taste and maybe I’m old-fashioned too...
    Monthly fee-models are of course good for the companies but bad for the customers because they will have to pay a lot more then all in all IMHO.

• Agree Agree x 12
  2. Gabriel OF

Gabriel OF New Member

Come on guys, maybe I'm a bit rough but if you can't afford it just don't buy it. Simracing is an expensive hobby and AMS2 is just priced fine. AMS2 copy shouldn't come in yours "cesta básica".
    I remember several years back in Brazil the average price of new console games were around 150BRL, I suppose now it should be even more expensive because of monetary policy. Let's not ask for Reiza charity, it's a new game and the price is just fine compared to the market.
    What's the comparison, ACC? Two years old game that just recently fixed it's serious ssues? Fine, good luck upgrading your PC. I can run AMS2 smoothly in VR while my PC cannot even handle ACC with everything on low.
    If you can't afford a new game just keep playing AMS1 or AC that are dirty cheap by now. I don't even want to remember the ridiculous amount of money that I poured in rF2.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. eg01st

eg01st Member

How is this good for both?
    Studio only receives small amount of money (if we assume monthly cost is 3-5$), and it's irrelevant how many hours player spent in game, 5 hours a day or 2 hours a week. What is the timeframe to get back their investment from a single player? A year? What if after a year there are no new players, because most of them didn't like subscription plan?

If player is kind of person who only has time for playing few hours on weekend, and wants to play other sims too, the hourly price goes up. And, say, 5 months later he has a free evening to play some sims, but his subscription has expired. Will he pay 5$ for this one evening?
    Or, there's a hardcore player who spends every day playing, for 3 years. Wouldn't he be happier to spend 80$ and own it forever, instead of 3x12x5$=180$ plus 5$ for every next month?

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. InfernalVortex

InfernalVortex Active Member

I think it's priced just fine. If they want to charge more for DLC's Im good with that too.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Fabio Aragão

Fabio Aragão Member AMS2 Club Member

Não achei o jogo caro, comprei no ultimo dia da versão BETA e paguei R$300 e vou ter direito a todas DLC's. Fiz um calculo e gastei mais no RaceRoom.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Lucas Vieira

Lucas Vieira Member

Honestly i dont think its expesive. A bunch of games from Xbox Live and PSN costs around 250-300$ (BR Coin) when released, and you dont had any hint if will be good or not.

Iracing it's expensive. I do have my subscription there, because i do like the rating system in the races. But its way more expensive then Reiza. You can easily bought 30 AMS 2 to get all the content, beside the subscription price.If you doubt about it, just take a quick look at some youtube videos, that shows you how much cost to get all the content in iracing.

On the other hand, the amount of content Reiza its offering you for this price, its way much more than iracing, ACC and others, with the premisse that will had great development among the years.

• Agree Agree x 8
  7. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

iRacing has a monthly fee plus they charge you for Tracks and cars. You can get away with getting your D License without buying extra Tracks and cars but if you want to take the next step for the C License you already have to buy Tracks and cars. So, it will get expensive really quick.
    I think everybody is better off with a one time fee for AMS2. It already comes with plenty of content to play with

• Agree Agree x 7
  8. Juan Reinoso

Juan Reinoso Doctor SimRacing AMS2 Club Member

I would pay to participate in official races in Reiza ...

• Like Like x 4
  9. Ricardokil

Ricardokil Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Well, I will remove my comment, because it is useless to have a discussion where each one has the vision of themselves as if it were for everyone, I see things collectively, because it is useless to have conditions and not others, in the future the studio, the store, the company, the bar els closed because a business does not live with a dozen customers.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Guys.. Can we stop creating wall of texts about prices and such. It's only going in a loop. It's getting annoying. :p

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. SebWizterTv

SebWizterTv Member

I prefer you creating a price thread instead of typing here :p

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Micropitt

*Keeps his head down and slowly walks back to his MCR S2000*

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

It's OK to discuss as long as everyone acknowledges that Reiza already went through this debate thoroughly years ago and arrived at what we have for AMS 2. I highly doubt it will be changing unless the current model is a serious failure. And even if AMS 2 was a failure, it would not be an obvious cause-effect relationship that the pricing model was responsible for more than a small proportion of that.

A great product will overcome a bad pricing model (iRacing, if you want that particular online experience, there are no competitors) and vice versa.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Wilfred de Ruijter

Wilfred de Ruijter Active Member AMS2 Club Member

This weekend finishes my iRacing subscription. I found out that a monthly fee ends up quite expensive and mandatory upgrades (buying tracks and cars) is necessary to go to a C license. It's also quite boring having to drive just one car per type of racing (road, dirt, track or oval). I am very happy to switch to AMS2. It has more cars, tracks, nice graphics. I just hope more people will join to be able to play online against other people (instead of AI).

• Like Like x 13
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Nicolay Giraldo

Nicolay Giraldo New Member

I need to get something clarified:

Season Pass literally means I am purchasing the content for a year. After the year is over, I must purchase this content again.

Is it the same with Automobilista 2?

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  16. Micropitt

No, with the current Season Pass you will receive all content released in 2020/2021 and you can, of course, keep it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Nicolay Giraldo

Nicolay Giraldo New Member

In that case it should be called DLC, Expansion Set, Content package, or something like that, not Season Pass...

This confusion will make many English speakers very hesitant about purchasing the content.

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Micropitt

From the Steam Store:

“This Season Pass covers all planned DLC packs planned for Automobilista 2 over 2020 & 2021 - includes 5 Premium Race Tracks with multiple versions, and 3 Expansion Packs with several cars and tracks.”

Sounds pretty clear to me.

• Agree Agree x 8
  19. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Agreed. And the reason it is called season pass is because another season in 2022 or 2022/23 will follow if there is not an AMS 3. And that will cost more. You don't get lifetime DLC for today's set price.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Cheesenium

Cheesenium Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Season Pass does not mean that it includes all post release content. It means that only content released at a particular season in a set time frame will be included in the package.

It is as clear as it can be, honestly.

• Agree Agree x 3