1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 May 2020 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 30, 2020.

1. Nicolay Giraldo

Nicolay Giraldo New Member

Thanks for the explanations.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
  2. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You can say about Iracing whatever you want (I'm an Iracing member myself since 2014): FFB mediocre, graphics a bit outdated etc) but their competitive and structured online model is by far the best out there, I wish other sims like AMS, AMS2, rf2 or AC would offer something similiar, Iracing really needs competition.

I understand the complaints about their pricing though.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Im a former longtime iRacing member - but stopped because I became more and more fed up by their bad binary or on/off tire model.:mad:
    But I agree that their 24/7 online service has no competition whatsoever.

But to the contrary of you I think there is a good reason no other racing sim company has tried to challenge iRacing in this field.
    The racing sim niche is too small and the online racing sim niche is even smaller.
    iRacing was FIRST :D and because of that they have got some kind of monopoly position nobody else can threaten - because there is not enough earnings in this niche for more companies.
    My oppinion ofcourse.;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

I also used iRacing in the past. I would like to add that the implementation of Driver change in iRacing is unmatched. This is a big thing if you are in to Endurance racing. I hope Reiza will be able to introduce something similar easy.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. kodnin

kodnin Active Member AMS2 Club Member

1000 times this! On the outside it looks so simple, but I guess there's a lot that can go wrong. Look at some of the issues with rFactor 2 during previously (live covered) endurance races.

• Like Like x 1
  6. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Hehe I guess iRacing by coincidence have got some of the programming for driver change for free.:D
    Because allready in the sim iRacing was build upon (NR2003) it was possible to execute some kind of driver change.
    If a driver in a MP race pitted and exit`ed the game then another team member from any place in the world could replace him in the car waiting in the pit - if he just joined the game with the same name and car as his exit´ed team mate.
    Not perfect - but it did function light years before any other competing racing sim.:)

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  7. InfernalVortex

InfernalVortex Active Member

I have never played PC2 or AMS1... I love AMS2... I bought in late in Early Access... I think in May. It's my favorite racing sim since GPL. It definitely has a lot of problems, but the driving experience and VR support seal the deal for me.

• Like Like x 2
  8. muz_j

muz_j Active Member

I am shamelessly replying to your comment, purely to remark about and bump the idea of Road Atlanta being added to AMS 2.
    I love this track in rFactor 2 and adding it to AMS 2 would be awesome...although I'll happily wait until the developers have finished the content in their work pipeline - like the Nurburgring, which is at the top of my list of tracks I am really wanting to drive in this game.
    ...but Road Atlanta would be a very, very nice addition :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1