1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 May 2020 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 30, 2020.

1. The Walker

The Walker Active Member

Any chance you can change the color of the compounds for the Formula Reiza using white for hard slicks and green/blue for wet tyres?

2. B Stu

B Stu Member

If there's no update about an update then I guess that's not an update. Not to say there isn't an update comming of course ( I don't mean an update about an update I mean the actual update)

Update@Staff: The patient has been returned to his room.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Patch to fix FFB pulling issue is coming. There is no further update to the regular game until v1.0 in a few weeks. There will be beta updates in between, but not scheduled for any particular time. As we so often say: "when it's ready."

UPDATE: There are some AI and physics updates in Beta now that Renato said will get deployed to the EA soon, so :)

Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Ed B

Ed B New Member

I am not sure I have ever posted on a developer's forum before, but I am with this one to help bring a small contribution - who knows if this will get read. I have to agree with some of the other comments about the FFB. I am new to AMS generally (very very old to a ton of other sims), and when I first played the early access circa 4 weeks ago, I thought - finally we have a clear contender for leader in the field in terms of FFB (versus real cars on real tracks), the bumps/surface, the directness, the kicks, the tyre feel, the loadings across corner speeds etc.. it was just so engaging. My view is that with each week's release, the FFB has taken (small) steps backward. We are now not there...that pure sharpness has gone, and to give one specific example, the wheel weight/feel around centre is now generally just plain off in the cars I drove yesterday. Maybe more FFB 'modes' will be built back in. Has huge potential this game - look at some of the track updates, and roadmap, but Reiza, please, please - don't miss an opportunity to shift that raw and direct feel that so many others lack. Cheers.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Marc Collins

There have been changes to "filtering" for lack of a better description, in both the general FFB and specific to vehicles. I think that your description overall may be accurate for a lot of user-hardware combinations. Some problems with excessive jolting were fixed by doing what was done.

I'd encourage you ensure your FFB sliders are optimized. There is still a lot of feedback coming through when they are set correctly, but it is definitely less "raw" than before. If a bunch of people give feedback like yours, Reiza has been traditionally very open to tweaking things or allowing user tweaking to ensure we all have the most satisfactory experience. Unfortunately, as you know, with thousands of combinations and permutations of FFB hardware (wheels, pedals, various accessories and the computers they are attached to), it is impossible to program a single algorithm that will work best for all simultaneously. The work to date has been to try to come as closely as possible. If you haven't already, please see if adjusting LFB and FX can improve yours and then if it is still too dull, report again. You won't be the only one wanting sharper sensations and it may end up being relatively easy to get that without even using custom FFB files (that will always be available as a last resort, but shouldn't be used until you are sure you have the best possible outputs with Default else you enter into rabbit holes of confusing and contradictory settings).

I am on the fence myself right now...the FFB overall is fantastic, but I agree there are a few areas where it felt better before. Because at least a few of the cars are spot on, I am actually fairly confident that vehicle-specific changes will be successful (eventually, when the small team has more time to address them). Are there any cars in the entire range that feel good for you, or does every one suffer from the same affliction? If it's the latter, then it's most likely a global FFB slider or internal programming issue.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  6. leobaruk13

leobaruk13 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Is there any word about it? Anyone knows what it is?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Tuvalu

Tuvalu New Member

I did a quick research about it. Hmm. Maybe this?: "New TCR South America series launched for 2021".

8. AlexBfromG

AlexBfromG Well-Known Member

since they will have 2 new cars this year it should be a no brainer that these cars will end up in AMS2
    [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  9. leobaruk13

leobaruk13 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

They said this somewhere, but I don't see nothing official.
    The SprintRace already changed too, to GT Sprint Race with new cars.

10. Wedsley Dias

Wedsley Dias Active Member

:whistle::whistle::whistle:

• Like Like x 2
  11. Gabriel OF

Gabriel OF New Member

Has Reiza mentioned anything about Motec support? Hopefully it will come at some point.

12. SebWizterTv

SebWizterTv Member

@Renato Simioni is it possible to an update about 1.0 if it going to be delayed or it's coming mid june like in the development update? :)

13. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

!? :whistle:
    are-we-nearly-there.jpg

• Funny Funny x 3
  14. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't mind if it postponed till July or End of July. Covid is hitting Brasil hard at the moment. Take it easy, Reiza. Earth and its simracers need your genius minds for a little longer. 70+ years, to be exactly.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Marc Collins

I'd bother to care if it made the slightest difference to me enjoying the game. But since there have been and will continue to be regular updates to polish and complete the very long list of unfinished items in the sim, v1.0 is a mere number that will last but a week or so and soon be forgotten. What are we thinking is actually going to happen with the release of v1.0? A party hopefully for those at Reiza, because they deserve it, though between being spread all over the world and COVID-19, not sure how they can even do one, but some celebration is in order.

How does it affect any of us users in even the slightest way?

Last edited: Jun 16, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

The game will reach official relese status and will from then on be judged as such by people, which means small errors like wrong UI info or missing billboards will then seem like sloppiness rather than something minor because it's beta, and that will be rectified until release.

It's like celebrating the new year. Nothing really changes, just another day, but it has some symbolical significance.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

1.0 means dots on the i and cross the t's. One misaligned letter or just something else that isn't good its shows what @Gevatter says above. Sloppiness and unprofessional-ism. It's all about the details. Small errors need to be gone. Bigger errors should be fixed already. It means its ready for release. Everything beyond that is finetuning, DLC and more finetuning. The long 2 year-journey ahead of us.

You just can't drop the ring to rule them all into the lava of Mount Doom by flying on Eagles. 1.0 is were Aragon, Legolas and Gimli said their weapons will protect the Hobbits. Everything is set. Everybody is healthy and powerful. Then after 1.0 is the journey of the Fellowship to Mount Doom.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  18. Marc Collins

Right, so it doesn't affect any of us, but could affect sales or reputation of Reiza. I am not concerned about UI info missing/wrong or billboards when there are so many key items still in a state of beta (most of multiplayer; the actual UI and HUD itself; missing championship mode; AI issues that still remain; etc.). Those are the items that will tarnish the reputation, but cannot imagine any of them will be finished in the next few days. So probably have to pull the trigger and release and accept the slagging while carrying on the regular updates that slowly resolve all these things.

It's pretty obvious that some issues have been more difficult to resolve or features more difficult to incorporate than originally anticipated. You can't stay in official EA forever, even though AMS 2 will, in reality, be in an EA-equivalent for likely the next two years. Hence why it is irrelevant to me which week the label v.1.0 arrives and then disappears.

19. AlexBfromG

AlexBfromG Well-Known Member

Except for trolls no one will downvote AMS2 on steam if some minor details are not perfect.
    multiplayer is working, there are always a decent amount of servers.
    the AI isnt perfect, but this is something that is always going to get tweaked.

ACC also is so much more now then when it went 1.0.
    For me personally, i prefer new content coming with 1.0 asap.
    And i wanna buy Hockenheim to give Reiza money

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. SebWizterTv

SebWizterTv Member

The game is already really good with all this update fixes they released to UI,HUD,AI and psysics, so if they release some content now i would'nt mind bc they can still fix stuff when 1.0 is released.

• Like Like x 1