1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 May 2024 Development Update - The Road to V1.6 Pt1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 31, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

I can see DLSS getting added, but would global illumination make the performance worse? They said they don’t want to make the performance worse

2. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

P
    Probably would and woulda been a unnecessary change I think the current lighting system look fine, this ain’t a open world game

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Djin

Djin Active Member

True, global illumination is very demanding, but I imagine it would never be a mandatory option. Right now, only the most powerful graphics cards can handle ray tracing at high frame rates, but in a few years, it will likely become a common feature, and there's no doubt that the next generations of graphics cards will be able to manage it. I think it's better to have more options and be future-proof.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Ray tracing would be a cool addition

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. squalles

squalles New Member

i tried and even alone on track (time trial) i lost much fps in rain, but yes, with more cars close i lost much more

i don´t need, but probably these will affect another players, like someone running at 100fps on sunny and see dropping to 40/50 in rain, not normal this performance lost on rain

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

Hmm, thanks for reporting back. Must admit, this isn't my experience at all. Only headlights behind effect my frame rate. Then again I do run VR, but if I start at the back of the pack at night under heavy rain, there is no effect on my frame rate at all. Start at the front same grid, same conditions and it tanks. Others seemed to report the same.

7. Mirko Pricoco

Mirko Pricoco Active Member

and 103 pages are gone...WOW! This community is very active and i love it!

• Like Like x 2
  8. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

v1.6 makes for a much more nuanced driving. You have to because cold tires or hot tires or more/less rubber will have a bigger impact. So you can't just drive to 110% in all of these conditions with soft tires. You have to have more strategy in the way you choose and treat tires.
    Plus even in the close to optimal conditions the capability to overdrive and drift cars is again reduced compared to the current release.
    Driving experience is better and much more layered, but on the flip side of the coin there is the risk that the random youtuber will just launch the game and pretend to judge LMDh cars by driving them at Monza in January with obviously not enjoyable results.
    Now more than ever the user needs to be more mindful of what sort of conditions he is setting up his race in.
    With greater realism comes greater responsibility for the race settings (semi-cit.)

• Like x 6
    • Winner x 3
    • Informative x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • Useful x 1
  9. Mirko Pricoco

Actually i had issue starting from the back with rain and headlights with overcast weather daytime. I had HP Reverb G2 and i had to use OpenComposite with resolution at 1620xdon't remember...With steam VR was impossible. CPU it-13700k Graphic card was a 2080ti, 32GB ram and still nothing. I have upgraded my GPU with 4070ti super but i havent tried VR as i am playing with triple setup

10. Mirko Pricoco

I wonder if we are getting a new damage model, to have more realistic damage on the car and crashes. More pieces will fly and more fun will be :p:p:p

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. AllocDK

AllocDK Active Member

Uhhhh, this sounds awesome - Cant wait to try it out

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

You missed the “all of us “ in my comment

it’s a known issue and especially for VR users like me and others

even with an upper tier hardware like the one I own 4080super and 5800X3D, I struggle to maintain 90fps locked with my both VR headsets

unless I compromise on AA which I don’t like

by the way what AA type and level have you set in Game?

13. SpaceYam

SpaceYam Member AMS2 Club Member

Hmm I'm not sure I get what you say about the Trainer being "gooey"
    I have spent a fair time in it as part of the "For The Win" career mode app, and I hold several top 5 time trial records in it. I've never really had too much trouble staying on the limit after a few laps in it. Perhaps your setup or FFB needs a little tweaking? Not a criticism I'm just not sure I understand the problem you're having. In terms of FFB, I'm using the Default+ setting in-game, I think strength is maybe about 60-65

Edit: I do agree that it responds well to being drifted a bit! It's actually quite fun, but you do still lose significant time if you try to slide a bit too much.

14. mmertens

mmertens Old school racer

Really interesting comments!!! It’s really great improvement as this is one of the more important skills for race drivers, how to properly heat tires, the way of not overdoing it and using brakes to hear them thru the rims instead of the carcass. Also, tire management on long stints are very relevant, it always was, and it is even more nowadays so I’m really eager to try it. On current state I feel on qualy for instance we see AI doing an out lap and going for it on next one regardless of conditions. I wonder if now we will see scenarios more close to reality like two build laps for them a one hot lap, etc? Also, I know formation laps were hinted to be introduced at some point in the sim? This might have huge implications on formation laps, as its key to properly heat tires before a race start. Hope it comes with 1.6. Exciting times ahead!

15. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Many vehicles already have this, so it is just a matter of time before they all do. One of many items on the Reiza to-do list :)

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think raytracing is a bit overra(y)ted :D, it doesn't make a huge visual difference in a racing game, especially compared to the performance loss that comes with it.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Winner Winner x 2
  17. Jojo Pagani

Jojo Pagani Active Member

It is difficult to explain. But a small light car should give you confidence until it snap off in an abrupt loss of grip that hopefully you are able to correct if you were ready for it. The grip loss should be messy, you should be able to feel in that moment the tyres trying to grasp to the tarmac before you lose total control.
    The current formula trainer feels way too smooth, like you are driving on glass. Like you are floating.
    If you have the chance try the FF1600 on iRacing, which is the extreme opposite, so extreme that it is unrealistic.

18. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

glad to know that I’m not the only one complaining about that.

and glad to know from a internal tester that reiza is working on it thanks man!

19. AllocDK

AllocDK Active Member

I think we are many that would love to get the damage model updated

• Like Like x 1
  20. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It's refreshing to know I'm not the only one who thinks that. I genuinely have a hard time believing that the graphics in AMS 2 will truly ever be outdated (even with the old shaders), its the law of diminishing returns. There is a limit to how realistic graphics can be, you cant get "more realistic" than real life and I think that we are a lot closer to that limit than the gaming industry wants to admit.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.