1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 May 2024 Development Update - The Road to V1.6 Pt1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 31, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

My birthday is in October, so if the update gets delayed to October I'm not going to be upset (unlike most people :) ).

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

Well, my birthday is in February, so dont't hurry.... :D

• Funny Funny x 6
  3. Stepy

Stepy Member

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Maybe you'll get Racin' USA pt4 and Adrenaline pt2 on your birthday, who knows? :)

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Peesjee

Peesjee New Member

Just adding my view and filling up this thread. I consider myself as a gamer that like cars, but definitely not a car-freak. Started during covid with a 2nd hand Logitech G920 wheel with PC2. Had a good time in it, after few months bought RR and liked it very much. A year later (and a new gaming pc) bought ACC (previous pc could not handle it) and also liked it. Few months later bought AMS2 and like it. Every game has it quirks but as a gamer, i just adjust to the game and try to make the best out of it (in stead of endlessly whining about the 'physics' of the game).

Anyway, i always race with a good friend, looking for online races that match our 'expertise' (RR and ACC), or creating an offline season with my friend and the AI and keeping a score (PC2 and AMS2). AMS2 is the only current title we can do this (we worked out a whole system to have some of a gamification for our races, both need the end in the first 15 or we need to restart with some disadvantages, could be extra weight by starting with more in the tank, or using a slower tyre).

We really love the F1 of 1992 in AMS2 (we were then 14 years old, so it brings so much memories back), its a pleasure to drive with but we also noticed on some circuits (not all but on Imola its very bad) you had some 'trains' where the faster car could not takeover. But then again, we accepted this as a 'feature' and tried to cope with this behaviour.

The feature i miss most, is when i start a lobby with my friend to fill up with AI, the names of the AI drivers revert back to the 'default' names (even though we both have the 'realistic' names from mods). This is such a immersion bummer, you recognize the names, but still...

Although i'm looking forward to physics improvements, this is not my main domain. As you probably noticed in my intro, i basicly like the car handling in every racing title i bought. Of course, i encourage physics that are more realistic (and i like tyre management). Graphical improvements, well, that's nice but for me thats just that. I found AMS2 already great looking. AI improvements and more options for creating lobbies are the features that interests me most.

I realise that i probably represent a very small percentage of the user base with this situation, but racing with a friend against the AI (at the same level) can be so much fun (and we can restart if we mess up, what you can't do with online racing)

So Reiza, thank you for the fun time I already had with my friend. We already played 2 seasons, and are waiting for the 1.6 update to start our 3th season.

Greetz

• Like Like x 19
    • Friendly Friendly x 8
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. nito-ibz

nito-ibz Active Member

this is what @Renato Simioni told me when i asked him about change the UI.
    very happy that he has changed his mind:p

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. JavierZumaeta

JavierZumaeta Active Member

well, as a matter of simply style, AMS2's is critically lacking. Here are two examples of slick graphic design that communicates very effectively everything the player needs to know

LeMans Ultimate
    [​IMG]

ACC
    [​IMG]

These are just more visually appealing than what AMS2 has.

Things as simple as the font AMS2 uses, in my opinion, urgently needs to be reconsidered. Style, much like graphics in general, is of secondary consideration for sim racing titles. That's understood. But presentation gives a first impression, and those are important.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
  8. JavierZumaeta

JavierZumaeta Active Member

For giggles, here's an example of the Wipeout serie's iconography

[​IMG]

Compare that font. The style. It matters. The tire model matters more. Of course. But style matters.

• Like Like x 1
  9. nito-ibz

nito-ibz Active Member

that was my point when i asked him about a restyle of the UI and of cours the menus,backgrounds,fonts...i also suggested him to use their brazilian roots, plenty of racing champions, to create an introduction(real historical footage mixed with modern in game secuence, for example) or to use it as background images, changing when you move the selection on the menu. the actual one is...functional:rolleyes:, but it needs tons of love and in my opinion, the quality level shouldn't be lower than the rest of the sim...and we all know the dedication and effort that Reiza has put on this sim. a good UI, with smooth transitions between submenus,nice fonts, sound effects, maybe something like the game reproduces one of your saved replays on the background when you enter the on line submenu:whistle:... i can imagine all this stuff in less than 5 minutes, so i'm very curious to see what people with talent can do.
    BTW, this is the 84th time that i've checked the forum todayo_O

Last edited: Aug 16, 2024
  10. Xamantu

Xamantu Member

It's like checking your fridge every 30 minutes to see if some food magically appears, isn't it

• Funny Funny x 18
    • Winner Winner x 2
  11. deekracer

deekracer Active Member

That doesn't happen in your fridge?

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. wegreenall

wegreenall Active Member

If I could afford a fridge that did this I would still spend the money on simracing gear instead

• Funny Funny x 6
  13. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Just for reference guys, most of the last dev updates have dropped on Friday or Saturday in the early evening, so if there'ss ever a need to press F5 it's on these days :D

It doesn't feel to me like we will get one this weekend tho. They're for sure in absolute crunch right now. I also wouldn't hold my breath for the announced "2" updates being actually two updates, after all the same thing was said before 1.5 and then we got only one of the two.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Alexandre Costa

Alexandre Costa Active Member

This place is too quiet today. Something great is about to be announced. :)

• Optimistic Optimistic x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
  15. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Throwing gasoline into the fire lol

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

I feel like a lot of these people would probably become beta members if it was to open up again. That’s probably why the forum is this quiet since a lot of people who used to act like certain people currently do are beta testers

• Agree Agree x 5
  17. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

not food, but mould

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

And maybe a bug or two

19. Wu!

Wu! Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I only do that with my fridge to check if it has spontaneously turned into a beer brewery by any chance, so far.. no luck, but one day!

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Creative Creative x 1
  20. Jojo Pagani

Jojo Pagani Active Member

I understand that summertime is not the time to launch a big release like 1.6 but I think they should release a beta with updated physics to start creating a bit of hype. Just saying

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.