1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 May 2024 Development Update - The Road to V1.6 Pt1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 31, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JASON CHAMBERLAIN

JASON CHAMBERLAIN Member

The magic food-replenishing elf didn't travel with me once I moved out of my parents' house.

• Funny Funny x 9
  2. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Take your parents back and the elf comes. I wonder why

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

That definitely depends on what you expect and what you consider more fun, it's really, really subjective. If to you, fun is trying to push the confines of a limit that doesn't allow you to abuse it you will have a different impression than someone who wants to be a hero at the wheel with limited effort.

There's a real danger, when we share our impression, that you guys project certain things upon these while we don't necessarily share the same premises. With that in mind, I personally find that my fun usually dips downward heavily whenever I have to go away from the beta and drive the current public release.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Jojo Pagani

Jojo Pagani Active Member

The cars currently are not easy to drive, they are weird to drive. The slip angle is so wide and floaty that requires the driver to compensate for it. This is probably not a problem if AMS2 is your only SIM racing game, but if you play ACC, AC, RF2, or iRacing the weirdness of AMS2 is very obvious.

RSS has released a F4 car for AC, first time ever I try to put some effort with a formula car. And I had a great time.
    Then I found out that the F-Inter is kinda like a F4. I tried it and honestly I found it very frustrating , spending a lot of effor micromanaging the wide slip angle and struggling to find the grip limit.

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. Alexandre Costa

Alexandre Costa Active Member

I drive AMS 2 and iRacing and both are quite good for me. I never understood this weird feeling people keep saying all the time.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think it's just different folks having different preferences, especially if they've already tried some of the suggestions that often get repeated here (FFB, Legacy Head Movement, etc). If not even actual racing drivers can agree on whether or not a sim is realistic, then there's a lot more subjectivity than what it seems.

I think an overlooked part is how much the sims you played when you first really got into simracing impacts your current tastes. My formative years were spent playing SMS and Papyrus games, it is no surprise that my two favorite modern sims are AMS 2 and Iracing. Those are the sins I got along with the best because those are the ones I'm used to

• Like Like x 3
  7. Siggi_Stoppschild

Siggi_Stoppschild Active Member

The weird feeling is always there for me with the games own standard FFB options. Only with a custom FFB file (I use the one from @Danielkart , which is absolutly brilliant!) the feeling is highly reduced.
    But all in all, I think the cars are a little bit floaty & especially at lower steering angles I don‘t like the feeling to much - but that is only! my personal opinion & it‘s not as wild as some people want it to be so they have content to make. ;)

Also I think every Sim has some kind of weirdness in it‘s driving: ACC being focused on the front axle, LMU giving zero braking FFB (maybe
    brake effects on steer axis is still working?) and so on.

Edit: Tim Heinemann said that the Porsche 992 GT3 on the Nordschleife in Raceroom feels almost like the real thing - but since he is coming from that Sim to Reallife racing, why should he say it the other way around?
    But yes, to me that combination also feels really good.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Cholton82

Cholton82 Active Member

I hope that they really snap when the limit is gone beyond , One of my most memorable moments was taking a Porsche GT3 through turn one at Hockenheim in PC1 and loosing it on the kerb really caught me by surprise and their was no saving it.

9. Racinglegend1234

AMS2 won’t get a tire model which is identical to IRacing

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

Can't speak for Hockenheim since I haven't driven it in a while (shame on me, I know), but this actually happened to me on Brands GP the other day in a GT3 as I mentioned in a previous post. And I've had similar things happen on other tracks as well, including *REDACTED* and *REDACTED* :D. And while this would normally be a cause for frustration it just made perfect sense because I knew that I had messed up - there was nothing unnatural or strange about it, IMHO. Really close to onboards of the real cars when this sort of thing happens, I think.

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Note to self- keep a few hundred to the side in case the Paddock Club ever reopens its' doors :whistle:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Racinglegend1234

oh that track, Redacted is my favourite new track in the beta. Especially since it’s in Sweden

• Funny Funny x 4
  13. Racinglegend1234

If USD, then would be max 150 for you IIRC

• Like Like x 1
  14. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

GBP so a bit less, but I might tip generously ;)

15. Racinglegend1234

I have a better idea, giveaway beta access on the forum

• Like Like x 4
  16. JASON CHAMBERLAIN

JASON CHAMBERLAIN Member

I've worked with computers for almost 30 years now. As great as the beta sounds, I don't want that kind of responsibility. I'm certainly excited for 1.6. I'm almost as excited to read the next development update just as a teaser. But as my teenage son might say, "Let them cook."

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Racinglegend1234

I’m just saying that I’m a beta member to test cool new stuff and make a bug report here and there. There are more knowledgeable people who know more than me in it so I don’t really need to say a lot. I’m there for the discussions and I also point out when I think something is odd

• Like Like x 1
  18. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

You must be mixed up with Redactenberg or Redactenstorp.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  19. AllocDK

AllocDK Active Member

No no, its he is clearly talking about Redactenbahn

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. BobbyB

BobbyB Member

Any talks about newer camera angles? I feel like these are more realistic for someone that's trying to make an endurance race as accurate as possible. Like this:

Screenshot 2024-08-13 164403.png

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.