Automobilista 2 May 2024 Development Update - The Road to V1.6 Pt1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 31, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cholton82

Cholton82 Active Member

I hope they don’t :D

• Agree Agree x 10
  2. Jojo Pagani

Jojo Pagani Active Member

We dont need another sim with snowflake tyres!

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

*REDACTED* and *REDACTED* are nice tracks.
    *REDACTED* is a nice car to drive too, some would even say having *REDACTED* in AMS2 is a dream come through. :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

What cars in ACC have ERS and DRS?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Dustezz

Dustezz New Member

Thats the ACC overlay for Simhub.

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

What "realistic" camera angle is that exactly ? The game already lets you manually move the camera in the cockpit view and you can easily move it there.

7. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

It's realistic for TV camera view of various endurance classes yeah (obviously not drivers eyepoint).
    Camera angles like these are aimed at for various protos indeed (i think it will use the bonnet cam mode), not promising which prototypes will receive them but it's on the radar!

• Like Like x 12
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. wegreenall

wegreenall Active Member

Speaking of camera angles and I honestly don't know whether it is already in the game, but is there a way to consistently get proper static angles that don't focus on your car? I occasionally see in replays angles of like, a camera from a kerb and the cars pass over it but it's not clear how to get to that again or how to do it deliberately. Specifically i would be interested in replicating those cool videos you see of say ten DTM cars coming over the hill one after the other, without flipping to the next camera that is looking at your car.... and I've never managed to work out the cryptic guides on camera locations and movement "inherited from PCARS2".

• Like Like x 3
  9. Xenix74

Xenix74 Member

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. SparksV

SparksV New Member

You need to go to Options > Controls > Edit Assignments > Camera & View and there at the bottom assign buttons to "PREV REPLAY CAMERA" and "NEXT REPLAY CAMERA". The button you assign to the latter will cycle through all trackside cameras on each track, although most of them do still follow the car you've selected and some of the angles only show up once a car that's being followed is close to that section of the track.

Bit more info here Steam Community :: Guide :: Free Camera in Replays* (Kind of)

• Informative Informative x 2
  11. Majestic

Majestic Member

Good afternoon, I have a couple of questions about servers in AMS2. I create my GT-3 lobby almost every evening, a lot of people come in, sometimes all 32 slots are occupied. Question one: why is my vote regarding the player’s kick not taken into account. To kick a dirty driver, you need to collect more than 50% of the votes, that is, at least 17 out of 32. Therefore, kicking anyone is unrealistic. Could the goal be decisive for a kick or ban. Even if you kick someone, he will simply re-login and start another race. This issue greatly interferes with an enjoyable game.
    Presets for servers in multiplayer are not saved; everything must be configured again each time. This and many other things are done very crookedly, will this be corrected in 1.6? I hope Renato will hear

• Like Like x 5
  12. TomLehockySVK

I hope there would be a server option added, something like "Number of unique votes needed for a player to be kicked" from a public lobby, and not just kicked where they can immediately rejoin 2 seconds later, but it would result in that server not being accessible for at least 1 hour .

• Like Like x 2
  13. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

There's also the option of adding more camera angles.

iRacing has blimp camera for example. That's a great one to add.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Djin

Djin Active Member

Question for those in the Beta: Has the FFB been improved with the new physics? I've tried the 2024 stock car, and while there is an improvement with the handling compared to the 2023 variant, the FFB still feels very similar.

15. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Honestly, I don't know what could be improved on the AMS2FFB.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  16. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

This is a bad example.There are practically no differences between 2023 and 2024 despite 1.6 physics.It would be better to use Formula Ultimate Gen2 with the existing 1.6 physics.The difference here is extreme, especially in the limit.Reiza will certainly improve the FFB in the future.There are still a few things that should be improved, from rotating and swinging wheels to anomalies in the FFB of FWD cars when shifting gears or accelerating.1.6 will not be the end but another big step towards becoming the king of simulations:)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. AllocDK

AllocDK Active Member

I hope they also take a look at time scaling, so we can set how it scales. And not just using the presets like 1-2-5-10 but 1-2-3-4-5 and so on

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. TomLehockySVK

And also replay speed scaling of 20x, 30x, 40x, 50x, honestly anything higher than just 10x, it is too slow when the race is 45 minutes and longer.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  19. stealthradek

stealthradek Smooth operatooooooor AMS2 Club Member

What makes you think that your vote wasn't taken into account? Game development is not something where a magic wand can be waved and wishes fulfilled.
    Have Reiza exclusively confirmed that it's a non-goer? I think it's on a long list of tweaks and fixes to do.

20. AllocDK

AllocDK Active Member

Totally agree - Maybe even a bar where we can select where to look at the replay. Something like the way ACC does it

• Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.