1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 May 2024 Development Update - The Road to V1.6 Pt1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 31, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kuku

Kuku Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

Who has said it’s not advisable to use a custom with Beta …..?
    It’s actually beneficial to have a baseline that you are used to when comparing old vs new physics.
    Plus it’s good to make the appropriate adjustments that will be necessary at a finer level and have a good file to work with when update becomes live .
    Many many many users ( some who may not even play ams2 without them ) who have never been able to get on with defaults, will still be wanting to use custom, so they are valuable to the game .

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Such nonsense

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

It's not advisable to use Custom FFB to report on FFB issues without verifying these with the other FFB modes. This is for both beta and main.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  4. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Why is that nonsense? It makes sense that the feedback of the physics of the driving experience in the beta should be under the same conditions as the developers. And these conditions are default+.
    In the beta area, this is actually clear to everyone and is also done this way.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Informative Informative x 2
  5. Danielkart

I check everything first with Default+ and then with Custom and know the differences. Sure, I see your point too, but I think most people who use a custom know exactly what they're doing

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Oleg Kaban

Oleg Kaban New Member

Looks sleek and kind of resembles the current overall game stylistics with a tidy typeface but arguably better.

7. Kuku

Kuku Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

yes I agree FFb issues reports have little bearing of course. I should have mentioned that , but if your dialed into the feel and handling of a car and it’s physics change you can notice it more if your not using complete different FFb than you normally do .
    otherwise you have no clue what different .
    It doesn’t mean it’s been advised to not use a custom as suggested above , that’s all .

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Danielkart

I'm not in beta and honestly I don't want to be in beta. I can judge more precisely what has changed when the regular update comes because I'm still used to the 1.5 update. In addition, it is one click to switch from Default+ to Custom and I can judge directly during testing whether there is an anomaly in the Default+ or in the Custom or perhaps in both. That's why it's not an option for me to only test with Default+

9. depapier

depapier Member

If I could have one wish for near future it's to see a static track map in vr. Whether as a picture stuck to the interior of the car as racers do in reality, or as an overlay. Unfortunately currently none of the vr overlays work in AMS2 with oculus vr, and a static track map with numbered turns would be a blessing.

10. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah makes sense

there’s a thread for custom FFB anyways

• Like Like x 1
  11. wegreenall

wegreenall Active Member

It might feel like this, but the FFB profile is essentially a mapping from the outputs of the game to the movement of the wheel. Custom FFB is calibrated for the 1.5 signals, so using a custom file calibrated for 1.5 with 1.6 physics is going to be the thing that produces nonsense.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

We could also use custom shader files and then report on the new in-built lighting changes...without having ever seen them. Or, judge the physics changes to the cars using mod vehicles instead of the ones crafted by Reiza. This isn't rocket science, so it is great that people who are unable to comply with basic beta testing processes are not in the beta.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  13. cuadolo

cuadolo Active Member

With the 2024 Brazilian Stock cars in the sim, we already have the tire management of the 1.6.
    And this has not produced any absurd things in the FFB custom files
    I think that the 1.6 is not a revolution, but a refinement.
    It will need some new setup for the cars, but, basically, the physics are already well prepared
    :) :) :) :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  14. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

How can you say that without knowing how much these have still been updated in the beta? That's just an assumption. IMHO tire management is quite different in the current beta compared to the current main release, even for the cars with "1.6 physics". These were only one step in the direction the sim is taking for the public 1.6 release... And dozens more have been taken since then.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Like mentioned, Stock 24 and F-Ultimate Gen2 aren't fully representative anymore for what's to come. :)

• Agree x 6
    • Winner x 4
    • Informative x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  16. wegreenall

wegreenall Active Member

god i'm so EXCITED!!!

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. Jojo Pagani

Jojo Pagani Active Member

It is really impressive that Reiza is working so hard to get their game at that level of quality. They must have been really disappointed with the early physics of the game if they were so willing to change it.
    I am clueless but I think that with 1.5 it is like they built a synthesizer but they had no time to learn how to twist the knobs. Now with 1.6 we are going to see the epic results.

If the results are as positive as some here are hinting I hope they have a plan to market the new changes. Probably a new UI would be a great idea. add the MP improvements and then we have something very different from the early stages of AMS2.

Sadly the AMS2 name is a bit tainted these days in the sim racing community. I hope Reiza have a plan to turn the bad reputation around.
    Later this year ACC will be seen as a legacy game with no future and ACE will be an early game with not a lot to show. So it is the perfect time to market the new AMS2.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

I don't think 'disappointed' is the right word. Reiza knew from the beginning that learning the ins and outs of the Madness Engine would be a longer term effort; but how long into the project they would still be making new and significant discoveries they couldn't know! I don't remember the exact post where he said this, but Renato confirmed that they didn't expect to be making such far-reaching adjustments so far into the development of the game, although in my opinion the results so far made it well worth the effort.

Using the synthesizer analogy, I think one could say that most knobs and dials have at least been discovered now, and most of these had been turned at least once or twice in the past. Now is the time to fine-tune some that hadn't been done so before for various reasons (one major reason being that the deeper and more basic stuff has to be in a good spot before you can make adjustments to advanced features that build upon the basics. Case in point: AI development is influenced by every single tweak to setups, tires and everything else physics-related, hence the back-and-forth of AI quality between different car and track combinations over time.).

To be honest I don't think much will change - neither in terms of PR strategy nor regarding the reputation of AMS2. The sim has been growing at a slow but steady pace, and while I, just like you and many others, would love to see the sim get the more widespread recognition it deserves it's not going to happen in an instant. Too many people are too stubborn and unwilling to let go of prejudice and adverse past experiences, or worse yet, hold a personal grudge against the devs for some reason; I think nowadays you can see these kinds of issues in pretty much every discussion about every topic at some point. Cognitive dissonance can be a real bitch. :D

That being said, I'm not worried about the future of this sim. And from what I can tell, neither are Reiza. That's all I need to know for now. :)

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. wegreenall

wegreenall Active Member

Yeah, I think on the point about it having a "bad name", this is more biased towards people who do e.g. Youtube. I get the impression that those of us who do it more for fun than for views, and don't take the whole thing so seriously, recognise that regardless of any quirks, AMS2 is just way more fun, in a way that is hard to describe.

It's how I ended up only playing AMS2, joining the forums - I just always had more fun in it.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Fatih

Fatih Active Member

My F5 Button is broken. I do not know why…

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.