1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 May 2024 Development Update - The Road to V1.6 Pt1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 31, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. harizrushdi

harizrushdi Wiki Helper

I won't lie, a part of me does miss the days when games were released in a truly complete state. What was the last sim that was great straight out of the box, without needing updates, DLC or mods? GTR2 perhaps?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Divit Beria

Divit Beria Prefer modern cars

Now of course I can't speak on the development side of it because I don't even know the 'g' of game development but maybe its nearly impossible to release completely finished games in a time frame given to you by your publisher because of how complex modern games are by nature a lot of the time.

Maybe all AAA games just need significantly more time to be released in a polished state. Completely off topic but then again, after the Cyberpunk 2077 debacle, I'm not sure anymore.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Deleted..

Last edited: Aug 29, 2024
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Split Second

Split Second Active Member

So you want them to not update the sim even when it makes it better and more realistic? You ask why update. Maybe because things can be a lot better still. And how do you not enjoy time trial? You can still compete against others just like always. Or do you want your time to be set in stone? Why not enjoy that things be better and more realistic. If you are so set on these things then why not wait till they stop working on this game? You knew full well it would be a journey because Reiza has repeated that time and time again. You can't use that against them.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

GTR2 needed a few significant patches and even then cars would not overtake in multi class without significant reworks to each driver and car's AI files. I'd argue AMS1 was pretty good very early on but I only joined that quite late on.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

AMS (1) went through many iterations, for years, before it got to the "almost-perfect" state it finished in. They physics changes were not as dramatic as these, but the dev process then was similar to what it is now.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

The main difference was, that it (AMS1) was based on a stable and developed physics engine and made its evolution in a bunch of other aspects. And its excellent AI were coming at the very end of developement process....

9. Renan G Flores

Renan G Flores Active Member

upload_2024-8-29_17-52-5.png

• Funny Funny x 15
  10. MrShroom

MrShroom New Member

Speaking of sims on first release.... Anyone have PISTA a good try yet?

11. kingkoenig

kingkoenig Active Member

I bought it in early access and had it refunded after 15 minutes. The game can't recognize my Fanatec CSL brake pedal, because I have loadcell kit and the pedal doesn't flex far enough. I assigned the brake to one of the shifters on my McLaren GT3 wheel just to try the game.

From what I've experienced, it's not in early access, it's still a beta version: no race option, graphic options are minimal, only 4 tracks to race on. Graphics look like they're from 2010. Compared to AMS2, it's simply primitive.

I'll check again in six months or so, just out of curiosity.

• Informative Informative x 3
  12. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

Grand Prix Legends(1998) It only got one fix in late 1999 when CPU speeds went faster then 1000Mhz and the engine was not able to detect 4 digit cpu speeds.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. AlexBfromG

AlexBfromG Well-Known Member

anyone driving with a RTX 3050?
    im thinking of upgrading from my RX570

14. Sturmqualle38

Sturmqualle38 New Member

Look at the data from some Benchmarks of course its better but is it good for u

UserBenchmark: AMD RX 570 vs Nvidia RTX 3050

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. AlexBfromG

AlexBfromG Well-Known Member

Thank you. im struggling for 60fps lately so im probably getting this card :)

16. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

Well, they say no news is good news and based on that premise this thread is chocker block full of good news :D

Personally, I'm spending my time lately in RallySimFans playing in VR (Man that mod is damned good). A bit of Dirt Rally 2.0 as well. Sadly, gave up on EA WRC when they patched in EAC. Even uninstalled the game prior to the patch going live (which I rarely do tbh).

Oh, even played a good bit of "SRX : The game". That thing is just pure fun and it's a crime that "World Of Outlaws" is not available for PC..

A few AMS2 laps around Monaco at midnight in the formula junior is pure joy (hope it remains this way after the patch :) )

Come to think of it, I wonder how/if 1.6 might affect dirt racing in AMS2 (one of my favorite disciplines)

So I remain pumped for the 1.6 update but I have plenty to keep me occupied. Hoping the extra option to reduce number of visible cars rendered behind yours also makes it into the patch.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
  17. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

I feel for you, or everyone in "that boat" for that matter. Current offerings are just a bit tragic really. I think the last decent "50"-series card was the 1050(Ti). It just got so, so bad.
    I'm looking at local "ebay" prices here on used cards. 3050 at about 150 buckaroos in local currency, but hey guess what? Something like a 5700xt too! If you're just looking for raster performance and don't care about dlss and RT...
    I went 1060ti-5700xt-7900xtx since ams2 released in early access.
    The 5700xt can do this title with very decent settings in 1440p, but also depends a bit on your cpu.
    Heck I could manage 80fps on a rift S most of the time with a ryzen 5 2600 and the 5700xt. Now I'm a 4k high refresh snob that complains when he doesn't quite hit 144hz under the worst possible conditions 100% of the time, but that's just "progress" for ya lol!
    It's not difficult to improve fps from a 570 upwards. Shop around some more and look into the longevity of driver support too a bit.
    Just a real shame the current landscape of gpus don't offer value anywhere near the way they did in the not so distant past.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Flat-Six

Flat-Six New Member

Interesting thoughts on the GPU conversation. I have been thinking about this as well… I bought 1080ti for $700 in 2016, I think, (remember when you could get the top of the line GPU for $700?!) then it fried 3 weeks before its warranty was up so I was gifted a 2080 Super as a warranty replacement which I still run. It actually does pretty well, usually over 100fps in daytimes on a mix of high and medium settings. Night races are worse. In fact my system was really bad today on a night race at Laguna Seca. Under 50fps. I had to reload for daytime.

It would be cool to know what is a decent card and CPU for this game right now. Is there already a thread for that or can we discuss it here? This is basically the only thread I read on this forum these days haha.

I like Intel CPU’s. This is my current system:

2080 Super gpu 8gb vram
    I7 8700k
    32gb of ram from 2016, I can’t remember the speed

Without going crazy and completely rebuilding, what component(s) would you upgrade to achieve better FPS performance? Especially with lots of cars on track… On LMU for example I can only run one class at a time.

Oh and I only play 3440x1440p

19. kingkoenig

kingkoenig Active Member

No idea, but the idea that a game will be released without any update afterwards is long past. Games are a lot more complex now. In my case, as long as it's enjoyable when version 1.0 is released it's ok.

In the case of AMS2, it was always implied from the first 1.0 version that this would be a sim with a long development cycle. There was never a promise that an update would be the final one.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

If a game gets updates, someone whinges.. if it doesn't , it gets called abandoned. Always opposing camps so who cares. Developer should decide what's best for them. Market forces will determine if they made the right decision.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.