1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 May 2024 Development Update - The Road to V1.6 Pt1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 31, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Torp_Torpedo

Torp_Torpedo Member

Sounds like the Dev log will come out this weekend into next week (i hope).

And the full update is gonna be late September early October which would line up with Petite Le Mans which would make sense. this will go down in AMS2 History as the biggest Tease Reiza has done......Until we get something about AMS3.....

• Optimistic Optimistic x 5
  2. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

upload_2024-9-5_16-46-13.jpeg

• Funny x 10
    • Winner x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Creative x 1
  3. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Part of the reason why I didn´t want another dev update out too soon is because I wanted to be sure I wanted it to be about what had been achieved, rather than what we were trying to achieve.

With that said, excellence is not perfection, nor is it an objective and universal standard - it´s excellence by our definition and criterias, which isn´t necessarily yours or everyone else´s. You´ll have to wait and judge by yourself whether it manages to meet your own ;)

Last edited: Sep 5, 2024
    • Like Like x 36
    • Winner Winner x 13
    • Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
  4. Hamady91

Hamady91 Member

And at this moment do you think that the update is coming at the end of summer or you need more time.

No problem if more time is needed

5. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

Aiming for perfection/excellence is what he need. That's the North in our compass.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Rednose58

Rednose58 New Member

As long as your goal is to make the core aspects of the game "perfect", then the add-ons can be good to very good and can be polished and improved over time. A sports car with a flimsy chassis is useless even if it has the most beautiful skin built around it. Your task is to make sure you understand what is core and what are add-ons. We are looking forward to the next release.

• Like Like x 2
  7. GROVER-8-SRT

GROVER-8-SRT Member

Hello fellow racers, long time forum reader.
    I was so hyped for the new update/dev updates I decided to join. :)

Thanks to everyone working hard at Reiza, I love what you've made so far. I am wondering though if it is possible in the future that you could make one circuit I've not seen in sim racing since GT4.
    Namely the really special vintage street track of Citta di Aria. The challenge, sense of speed and uniqueness would be awesome in AMS2 I think. :hurrayreiza:

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Knowing that Reiza have developed their previous game (on an engine that was arguably outdated) for 6 years after initial release, that new engines are very hard to come by in sim land, that the Madness Engine is not going to be outdated anytime soon, and that there's a lot of stuff for AMS2 that's not even been started (career mode comes to mind), I don't think AMS3 is something that is anywhere close currently.

I'm not even sure there's a chance it'll be released this decade.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  9. J.Blum

J.Blum New Member

ne t'inquiète pas Renato, nous sommes tous excités par cette mise à jour clairement, mais personnellement je suis particulièrement ravi du suivi exemplaire et de la passion que toute ton équipe y met, je sais déjà que cette mise à jour va être géniale et qu'AMS2 sera un super jeu

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Xzanman

Xzanman Active Member

Excellence is a very well defined word, no it is not perfection, but it is the quality of being outstanding or extremely good.

I have every faith that the update at the least will be very good.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Torp_Torpedo

Torp_Torpedo Member

I only recall that AMS2 is in the later cycle from a past dev log. Unless I read that wrong?

12. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

@CrimsonEminence and @Renato Simioni

While I agree snow isn't mandatory and really necessary I remember kart-cross running on a special stage in AMS with Ice...

...now...

...why don't use the ME snow feature to bring back such track and another couple of fictional ones?

Just my 2-3 eurocents and nothing I am hoping to see in the near future but...why not?

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Pinter

Pinter New Member

Yes, the engine sounds in the cockpit view are just not good. For example, I was just driving a Polo TSI. In the chase camera view the engine sound is great, it sounds like a car. In the cockpit it sounds like I don't know what, a vacuum cleaner? It's just this whirring noise that goes up and down. It's not just the Polo TSI, it's been in a bunch of other cars too. I'm pretty new to the game so I haven't played too many cars but this is a quite well known drawback of this game.
    Someone on reddit suggested just being able to set how much of the chase camera sound you want in the cockpit. I think that would be a pretty good simple way to resolve it for the time being.

14. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Try the Porsche 911 GTE or GT3 and let us know if that's enough sound for you. Of course those cars don't sound like a 3-cylinder Polo in real life, either.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

Perhaps they're just the recreation of real interior sounds with the helmed on?

Well, nowadays even farming sims can be used to create racing games ;)
    An yes, ME is nowhere near the end of it's life cycle.

I can accept something like iRacing did... that choice (so I heard).
    I also like more lively sounds, but if it is like the real thing, I won't complain.
    I would prefer more work on tyre sounds (amplitude and frequency modelation can be improved, different sounds for lateral and longitudinal slip, etc.), chassis torsion sounds, etc.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Wilfrandy Ramirez

Wilfrandy Ramirez Member

Pump up your engine noise in the settings and lower the AI ones. Also, don't overestimate how much you can hear inside the cockpit comparing it to the chase camera. Sound is damped inside the cockpit IRL compared to the outside.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Andrew Curtis

Andrew Curtis Active Member

Yes the engine sounds are damped inside the car, but they're just not as much FUN.
    The porsche 9/11 sounds incredible in-car, sadly the car is boring to drive. Hopefully the 1.6 will fix this.

18. Pinter

Pinter New Member

Yes I know but the chase and cockpit sound nothing alike. The chase sounds like an engine the cockpit sounds like a whirring vacuum.

I've taken my Golf to the track several time, with helmet, windows closed, etc. It still sounds like a car inside the car. Here's what a Polo GTI sounds like inside on a race track. You can compare it to what a Polo sounds like in the game and you'll find they are worlds apart. I don't expect it to sound exactly like real life but the generic whirring noise in the game is pretty poor.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

AMS2 Audio is currently undergoing more extensive work and the sounds you speak of may be improved. While I agree that the VW's don't sound great from inside, they may be made from actual recordings of the real cars (accurate?). The exterior sounds are much better, though.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, that video does sound better to me although, the car is pretty quiet inside, especially compared to most race cars.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.