1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 May 2024 Development Update - The Road to V1.6 Pt1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 31, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Manbird12000

Manbird12000 Active Member

You misspelled "small boulders" ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

In vr they look huge, I watch them coming towards me and actually move my head to avoid the impact, then I hear the thud on my car. Excellent.
    And I think in car engine volume could be better, but remember we're wearing virtual helmets which obviously deadens the sounds.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Max Melamed

Max Melamed New Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
  4. Andrew Curtis

Andrew Curtis Active Member

If you wanna hear the kerbs get some bass shakers, your ass'll hear em.

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Agree Agree x 5
  5. wegreenall

wegreenall Active Member

And, strangely, in the replays, a lot of the time the gear change is audible a lot further away than some like, insane Formula 1 engine sounds...? On the FUG2, at least. God what a car with the new(ish) tyres though!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. JASON CHAMBERLAIN

JASON CHAMBERLAIN Member

This was one of my best investments, and I don't think it cost more than $100, maybe $125. Two small Dayton Audio pucks, a USB sound "stick," and a tiny amp is all I needed. I bought the full SimHub license and was all set to go. I have an OpenWheeler cockpit and chair and I keep the pucks jammed in the webbing under the seat.

Just feeling the engine idle in the pits makes it worthwhile. You also can get a little "kick" when you shift gears. It's a pretty small investment with a HUGE payoff, IMO.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  7. lunamoon

lunamoon Active Member

Hard agree! I was having a chat with a couple friends the other night about it, honestly the thing I miss the most is having more present noises besides the engine inside the cockpit, I feel like the game lacks a little bit of detail on the high end (or it just sounds very busy in the midrange), random noises that add to the immersion - There's always a fair bit more going on than just the engine note in a car, and sometimes that can't be heard too much, specially if it's a loud engine like a V8. Maybe it's a design choice, maybe its a mixing choice, but I find it that personally it doesn't sound as lively as some other sims out there, specially some of the more popular mod creators in Assetto Corsa (The RSS mods usually sound particularly fantastic, as well as the VRC cars). Not to say it doesn't sound good at all, there are some cars that are super cool (like the mentioned 911 GTE), but watching onboard footage from real life, I really miss some details and some variety to add to the already great immersion :)

Like Dean said, these little details are so, so hard to nail, and some games go really overboard with it (in ACCs case), so it ends up just sounds like a mess imo. I really like the sounds of most RSS mods in AC (Their GT3 cars sound fantastic), most of iRacing and a fair bit of RF2/LMU (Specially the 499P in LMU, it sounds EXACTLY like the real car, it's awesome). Can't wait to, quite literally, hear more about 1.6 and all these changes you club forum guys keep teasing for months, hopefully it's not just the excitement speaking :p

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

Just finished another race at Monza. Yesterday was raining cats and dogs (not DRS, just like in F1!!), today just a damp track. But thanks AMS2 for giving me tyres you don't race with!!! :eek::D
    upload_2024-9-6_19-34-48.png

Esteban Ocon had a Code Brown moment (who's gonna break first?!? :D:D:D)

At the end, I gained a position (just a car's lenght advantage).
    Was figthing him (Zhou Guanyu) for 4-5 laps.

What I still miss?
    The car is very good but still has one peculiar thing only AMS2 has: the cars break way too much with rear axel and locking rear breaks won't send you into a inevitable spin.
    If we move the bias from 52% to 55-56%, the car has a much more beliveable break characteristics, when locking front brakes leads to a very good sensation of loss of brake power and directionality (the car goes straight ahead, just like it should).

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Sirius360

Sirius360 Member AMS2 Club Member

To add to the sound discussion, I have a 5.1 speaker setup around my rig. If I drive a front engine car, I only hear the engine from my front speakers 100%. Nothing comes from the rear speakers. In a real car, the whole cockpit vibrates, even your seat. You will definitely hear some sound from the back, although it's much louder from the front. I miss some sort of reverb sound in the cockpit, it sounds a bit too sterile/clean.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  10. JohnH

JohnH Member

no drs and slightly suboptimal tires, lemme tell ya son, that´s some rookie stuff :)

ss212110.jpg

Last edited: Sep 6, 2024
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Jojo Pagani

Jojo Pagani Active Member

Something I miss from the
    Finally a post that is not about audio!!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

tumblr_m2wxfmqv8L1r4v9kno4_250.gif

Braking has been improved!

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  13. Joaquim Pereira

DRS is not allowed in F1 when track condition is declared WET. AMS2 does it right (if we imagine FU2 is an F1 car :whistle:).
    The tyre choice was funny because I had it in automatic and AMS2 choose one type for me and a better one for AI cars :D:D:D. I don't think that's a bug, it's just an annoying feature :D:D:D.
    From green lights, away they went... Restarted with mediums and I could keep up the pace. Nice race!
    I really enjoy the Real Weather thing, it's a simple concept but a big plus for my "I don't want to choose the right conditions to race" way of leaving :cool:. I'm a rebel :D

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Joaquim Pereira

Ohhh, you want to talk about audio?
    That car has good audio! :D

• Funny Funny x 5
  15. JohnH

JohnH Member

I would have to slightly disagreee about drs in ams2, more than often it is available in quite wet conditions, it feels very trigger happy. When it comes to automatic tyre selection the game seems a bit confused and selects more extreme compound than needed also quite often, but as guy who makes a living out of automation for me the word automatic usually only means something like "reduced risk of human error"
    Hopefully, and actually no doubt this comment will become obsolete after the next milestone update.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Xzanman

Xzanman Active Member

I have had the tire thing happen to me several times, I have gotten in the habit of checking before the race starts now.

Seems strange that it gives the players one type of tires and the ai the optimal set. The parameters the game users when deciding what tires to give the player could do with looking at.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

don't use by weather, some virtual race engineers are stupid.
    Make your own joice and you'll get the tires you selected.

What you are missing is the big thing of 1.6 :whistle:

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

you talk about IRL.
    IRL the driver has a helmet on his head and foam earplugs or in ear speakers in the ear.
    All he will hear is a muffled sound. Nothing a microphone inside a cockpit can replicate.
    But everybody seems to want the roaring sound coming from outside.
    In this case, not a single sim is doing it right.
    People mostly wish something they can hear in a private car, not the real thing in a race car ;)

• Agree Agree x 5
  19. Andrew Curtis

Andrew Curtis Active Member

Yep, I got the same set up, two dayton speakers. For me the kerb vibrations is by far the best feature and adds so much immersion.

• Like Like x 1
  20. LostPatrol

LostPatrol Member

Have you tried using any of the Spatial Surround sound options in Windows. It might be worth giving them a go to see if you can get a more immersive sound stage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.