1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 May 2024 Development Update - The Road to V1.6 Pt1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 31, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cholton82

Cholton82 Active Member

That’s promising to hear , Any hints on a working flag system ?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  2. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

That's great for people that can afford to upgrade, not so great if you can't.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. BobbyB

BobbyB Member

Great to hear. I have too many instances of when I am lapping GT's and my competitors treat them like they're poisonous.

4. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I dont get these types of comments. Its like saying any new game should come out with 2017 graphics, because otherwise people will have a tough time running it on old hardware. You can always turn down graphics settings, if its too much for your computer. Whats the problem?

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Zesh

Zesh Member AMS2 Club Member

Though theres what i see as a big step forward i will temper expectatiosn slightly. This can still occur in certain instances, and combinations. Big difference in class speed coupled with high speed corners where the racing line is the middle of the track being the worst offender. Can be the case there where the slower class parks it on the racing line and the car behind struggles to get by.

With real drivers you'd see the faster car dipping a wheel in the grass and gesturing rudely, unfortunately the 'AI rude gesture' DLC isnt yet ready for prime time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Bađi

Bađi New Member

Sure but kind of bad taste in the mouth if the dev you've supported for years suddenly makes it unable to play the game just because the water reflection is better :confused:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. AllocDK

AllocDK Active Member

Not really, thats evolving the game... Otherwise we would need a new game everytime they want to make the game look any better

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  8. Hamady91

Hamady91 Member

First of all be happy to have a 2017 engine that give nice perfs and the best graphics of sim racing titles without dlss

And everyone know that the game will be playable even with beter water reflection lol...

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

Don't worry. I'm at the very bottom VR wise and AMS2 is still performing well. Even with better looking water reflections! :D

• Like Like x 3
  10. Siggi_Stoppschild

Siggi_Stoppschild Active Member

For me, that‘s completly depending on the changes that are being made and on the communications that are being done on it.
    If a developer clearly communicates „Hey, we have better water reflections now & it does not cost performance“, it should be this way. If it‘s not, customers/ playes will be disappointed and often move on to another title (remember Studio 397 and all the changes that they did to Rfactor2 that worsen the performance).
    If the developer says „Hey you need this and that hardware to run more than 32 cars on the grid“, I will be fine with that. But 32 and less cars should still run like a charm for me.

Hardware is expensive. Imagine this: A certain game developer claims that his game will continue for 5 years and a player says „Ok nice, I‘m getting this and that hardware for the X amount of money and than I can play for 5 more years!“ and after 6 months you get an update and your hardware is not good enough anymore, the least amount of people would say „that‘s just development!“ ;)

No offence, just my 2 cents!

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

AC Evo system requirements are pretty high according to its Steam store page. My pc won't be able to run it, for me it's time to save money and build a new pc.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

Dude, no offense... But Maxwell came to market pretty well exactly 10 years ago.
    I think it's incredible a) for hardware to last that long presuming it sees daily use more or less, b) you sticking it out with a gpu that will have been struggling running many a title at ANY setting for some years now, that's amazing value!

....But at some point it's just time to sell that second kidney. You know, heist a bank or something.
    I am supremely confident that Reiza will implement graphics changes in a way where they won't require a space age PC and they'll be kind enough for sure to put taxing stuff under a slider or on/off button.

The value we had in the days of Maxwell and Pascal is not coming back in a hurry, that's just how it is.
    I've "stretched" a 5700xt for 4 years(in VR no less?!), and I really thought that was getting long in the tooth.
    If nothing else it's the severe lack of vram that'll throw a spanner in the works...

I'm being harsh, I realize. But it's time.:D

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Bađi

Bađi New Member

Bullseye! That's what I wanted to get through, I guess I didn't word myself correctly. I am not against change or evolving but it brings me a few months back when the Nords released for ACC. I was so excited to play my all time favorite track in that sim but once I bought the DLC and got into the game I realised that I can't run more then a few AI on it because my FPS just tanks...

People in this forum need to understand that not everyone is on the bleeding edge of hardware. A PC update is in the pipeline but I'm still atleast a year and a half away from it :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Fatih

Fatih Member

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. kivipallur1

kivipallur1 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Which is not surprising at all because they built a brand new "photorealistic" engine. What is funny, though, is that they have better Intel processor in the minimum requirements list than in recommended one.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. MarWin2k

MarWin2k New Member

Before we discuss hardware in epic detail - has anyone mentioned the topic of audio and engine sounds? :whistle:

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. AllocDK

AllocDK Active Member

But you are running a $50 gfx card.. Even for $150 you could upgrade to a 2070 or a RTX 3050-3060 that is way better than what you have now

Last edited: Sep 8, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Jojo Pagani

Jojo Pagani Active Member

I doubt my laptop will be enough because I like my sim racing with high fps and the 34" monitor is a bit too much.
    But if ACE is going to have a true next gen engine I am more than happy to wait and build a PC for it.
    Another incentive to build a new PC is that... If it can run ACE well, it will also be able to do VR with AMS2 very well.

19. Bađi

Bađi New Member

Yeah, I feel you...I know I am way overdue for an upgrade. I did find the 3.5g of vram limiting in some games but very rarely since I rarely played demanding titles. Up until recently I played just League and some ancient RTSs so you can see I didn't have a reason to upgrade. But since last year I've jumped head first into simracing since it's always been a dream of mine to race in some way, be it real or virtual. I plan on upgrading my PC but I just don't have the means of doing it at this very moment.

• Like Like x 1
  20. kivipallur1

kivipallur1 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I can't say anything about audio because I'm just not talented at sound/music/audio but what I can say is that I have read one prophecy in this page which I also believe will turn out to be true.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.