1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 May 2024 Development Update - The Road to V1.6 Pt1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 31, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xenix74

Xenix74 Member

The whole thing is extremely route and car dependent.
    On Azure you can't get a single vehicle to complete a race without an accident or traffic jam.

On Le Mance there is a permanent traffic jam of 3-series cars without any accidents.

Ams2 can be anything from brilliant to stupid.
    We absolutely have to give Reiza time to tame this monster. We have a brilliant game of quantity, now hopefully there will be more quality and consistency. If Reiza succeeds, then, oof. Then we have a real legend.
    A legend that will last for decades. We sim racing fans have always been nerds. Reiza could make us as salon-worthy as GT7 or Forza put together.

We are so close to being part of something monumental. That it doesn't really matter whether it happens with 1.6, 1.7 or with 2.0 to achieve excellence.

We're all just so excited here because we feel this potential.

If, if, if, then, then, then...we all hope.

Gentleman, let's not make the mistake of insisting on a specific date like EA did. We are better than this countdown narcissist.

We are users!

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 4
  2. JavierZumaeta

JavierZumaeta Active Member

Look at what you've done to me guys. You got me checking this thread every 10 minutes again. I was cured for like 3 weeks and I forgot about it. But nooo, you got me all hyped over reaching the 200 pages mark lol.

Take your time Reiza, we love you.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Max Melamed

Max Melamed New Member

So now that I watched the last episode of Grand Tour I am running out of ideas what to do with my freetime.

4. Alexandre Costa

Alexandre Costa Member

Play AMS 2.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 4
  5. iggymax

iggymax Britney is in the wall BANNED

Does 1.6 improved something for playing on controller ?

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. GROVER-8-SRT

GROVER-8-SRT New Member

I would suggest you watch Shogun - if you haven't already - and you enjoy Japanese culture, Samurai, and intelligent/witty storytelling.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Jojo Pagani

Jojo Pagani Active Member

I copy paste from the Internet:
    To make an overtake stick on the inside of a corner, a driver only needs to have their front wheel in front of the defending car's rear wheel for it to be judged a fair move. On the outside, the cars must be side by side. Drivers can defend their position, but they can only move once. Any more, and that's weaving.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

It would be helpful if this specified when and where this rule applies. If it's well ahead of the corner, then it makes perfect sense. What if the car behind manages to get their front wheel just ahead of the rear wheel of the car in front just as they reach the apex of the corner? What should the leading car do--jump out of the way? Does it only count if it is within the braking zone? ????????

• Like Like x 1
  9. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

I've tested a number of cars using a Xbox 360 controller. No change at all to controller handling, but the improvements to tires make the cars more predictable and in turn makes the game more enjoyable to play even on controller.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Marcos Santos

Marcos Santos Member

Could someone tell if AI is fighting AI in v1.6?

I mean, it happens a lot when I'm playing, a faster AI car is behind a slower one and keeps it there, it "doesn't know how to overtake" slower AI, which is the same car just slower.
    It's not a blue flag situation.

Oh yeah, and there's the DRS on formula cars too that AI just deactivate when too close to the car in front.

And Karting AI? It can drive well on non-karting tracks or still just spins on corners? Specially Superkarts..

Can somebody tell if one or all these things is better in v1.6?
    Or is one more situation of "not allowed to say until the launch of update"?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. V1LVET

V1LVET New Member

The controller vibrations haven't changed in any way either?

12. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

No.

13. xNAPx

xNAPx Member

A simulator should be played with a wheel, if you can play it with a controller it means it's just a videogame

• Dislike x 16
    • Disagree x 6
    • Agree x 2
    • Funny x 2
    • Informative x 1
  14. Emptyjar

Emptyjar Member

Yikes.

Max Verstappen occasionally plays iracing with a controller, so please don't try to gatekeep this hobby. Not everyone has the space or the money for a full setup. Most of us got our start in GT, Forza, etc.

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Jinximuss

Jinximuss New Member

100% in the same boat, i on 120% difficulty managed to
    either way its a video game imo, true sim would have alot more goin on then just a wheel on a desk

16. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

A simulator is a videogame mate :) We're striving to achieve a more realistic experience with 1.6 but even with all the magic applied, AMDM and more and more in depth conditions around the virtual track - when you sit in a real stinky loud car on a track where you hope your brakes will keep at it and your engine just combusts the parts it should do, it's still something completely different and it can only be an approximation. You will never experience the kind of fear even a Go-Kart can give you when approaching a hairpin braking zone after a long straight.

Zanardi also used hand controls to apply throttle in his WTCC times - must've been a video game :D

Don't take it too seriously, we're here to have fun and escapism. Immersion doesn't always require a full rig :)

• Like Like x 26
    • Winner Winner x 9
    • Agree Agree x 8
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  17. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

A simulator should be played with a motion rig, with VR, with a fan blowing air at your face, with a bill for the damage after each crash, with a requirement to wait a day between qualifying and a race and with a machine that breaks your legs after a strong collision with Armco. If you play without those things it's just a videogame.

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  18. neal

neal Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

wow what an extraordinary reference :confused:
    it does actually matter WHO and WHERE such a rule was written as what I have seen does not agree with your claim nor have I ever heard such a rule at ANY SIM racing club that I've raced with.
    imho what you suggest does nothing but guarantee a sh**show of collisions as if it isn't already bad enough IRL with constant FCY interruptions.
    just one other opinion but the first I came across
    "A lot of people seem to think that sticking their nose along side your rear bumper is good enough, causing a lot of carnage and ruined races."
    Racing Etiquette?
    exactly.

unfortunately the original source for the two documents I use as a reference are no longer on the net. :(

The Guide to Road Racing, Part 8: Passing Etiquette - Winding Road
    The dive bomb · The Art of Road Racing

at least I got hard copies.
    edit: arggh, too hasty.
    The Guide to Road Racing, Part 8: Passing Etiquette - Winding Road Magazine
    https://windingroad.com/articles/fe...cing-part-16-dont-be-that-guy-the-divebomber/

Last edited: Sep 14, 2024 at 7:14 AM
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Andrew Curtis

Andrew Curtis Active Member

Ignore the dislikes, you are 100% correct.
    Some people think it's still a sim if you drive from T-cam or chase view.

• Disagree Disagree x 7
    • Dislike Dislike x 5
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Simulators aren’t how you play them, but what they’re trying to do. If a game is trying to simulate real life, then it’s a simulator

• Agree Agree x 11
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.