1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 May 2024 Development Update - The Road to V1.6 Pt1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 31, 2024.

1. Alexandre Costa

Alexandre Costa New Member

You forgot to translate.

2. _Diego _

_Diego _ New Member

Thanks friend, I had translated it, but the page was translated, and ended up being in Portuguese, a small technical error

• Like Like x 2
  3. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

PES 2021 with a 400gb mod that keep the roster updated and add a ton of stadiums

oh and that mod can be up to 700GB depending on what stadium pack you choose and if you want the reduced version or complete version, I use the reduced version BTW lmao but in fairness its the best single player football experience anyone can get rn i just wish it wasnt so heavy on my storage space

Last edited: Jun 21, 2024
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Siggi_Stoppschild

Siggi_Stoppschild Member

AMS2/ Reiza is coming to Low Fuel Motorsport!
    This is B I G news for all the Multiplayers out here!

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

x.com

• Like Like x 4
  6. jota.191

jota.191 (I'm Lando Garlando in AMS2 lobbies) AMS2 Club Member

I remember downloading that mod but for some reason it did not work :/ I should try it again at some point.

7. harizrushdi

harizrushdi Wiki Helper

Wow, is this the "wins in the bag" the devs were talking about? This could be a whole "championship" if all goes well

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  8. Scottsparkrider

Scottsparkrider New Member

Wonder what's changed since LFM last looked at AMS2 and decided it wouldn't work. This is great news!

9. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Finally the news is officially out. It was tough not to mention it while reading complaints that multiplayer gets no love.

Way to go Reiza and @Jonathan Noe. I'm not into multiplayer myself anymore, but I know how much it means for people who are :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Let’s see what Renato says in the dev update

11. wegreenall

wegreenall Member

This LowFuelMotorsport situation sounds very exciting... but I don't really know what it is? can someone explain how it works relative to what the current situation is, and why it is so good? Is it (Just) a server organisation system to coordinate players? Is it external to each game or somehow integrated?

12. Divit Beria

Divit Beria Prefer modern cars

You're pretty much right. They host races in regular intervals and since they are already the primary spot in terms of organised online racing, it'll provide a good boost to ams 2 online racing.

• Like Like x 1
  13. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It is akin to iRacing's organized scheduled races. LFM is not currently integrated to AC or ACC in the sense you have a menu entry inside the game to join races. You basically go to the LFM website, register for a race, get server/password info and manually join the server when the time comes.

Sometimes you can click a link and it will load you directly into the correct server.

No idea how LFM will work with AMS2 regarding integration and etc. I suspect it will follow RCO's model, though.

14. wegreenall

wegreenall Member

Oh, I see, so it's kind of a good hub for racing that will hopefully give the data and exposure (and I guess, motivation!) for multiplayer improvements. Sounds like it may be something of a gamble on Reiza's part, but I would love to do some more multiplayer racing. And hopefully Reiza reaches more people as a result.

15. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

If Reiza manages to fix the MP woes that have been in the game since day 0, I believe LFM will make AMS2 incredibly popular for online racers.

Among other major issues (such as desync'ed race starts), the main problem with this kind of service is/was how unreliable it is with peer-to-peer gaming because one of the player's PC is elected as the host of the session. Since there is no way to guarantee the players in the session have a reliable/powerful PC and internet connection, there is always a chance everything goes south if a bad host is selected. More than that, given the natural latency for connections across different continents, it is not possible to guarantee the best experience for the session.

I hope they found a way to make the host a dedicated server LFM can elect, or some other way to make the session reliable. Otherwise, yes I agree it is a gamble.

16. Alexandre Costa

Racecraft Online is already doing a great job for AMS2 multiplayer, in case anyone here hasn't tried yet.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. Alexandre Costa

Not to mention that LFM abandoned AMS 2 when MP was not stable. RCO is having good stable races for a long time, and with good player numbers now.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  18. achus59

achus59 New Member

But I don't think LFM would give AMS2 a second change if they didn't think they could make it stable after all.....?

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Fatih

Fatih New Member

as far as I read on twitter they will start a beta online with lfm with 1.6

20. Alexandre Costa

I was just thinking Reiza could give more credit to RCO? They were trying the whole time. LFM was not.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 2