1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 May 2024 Development Update - The Road to V1.6 Pt1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 31, 2024.

1. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

16x9-Match-2.png

I wouldn't expect any updates until after Group D matches conclude. Who knows, we may even be gifted an extra free bit of content if Brasil top the group.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2024 at 1:26 PM
    • Funny Funny x 7
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

It might be just me but Brazilians dont really care for copa america unless we are in the final or playing against Argentina.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. wegreenall

wegreenall Member

There is, of course, also the Formula 1 to contend with.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

You’re probably right about that, but I would consider such an attitude a dangerous luxury that can only be indulged when already sitting on 9 points.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Me, as a Brazilian, do care about every national team presentation irrespective of the oponent, may into a friendly or tournment.
    I always do expect a honorable presentation of the national, win or defeat is a consequence.
    Colombia have great players and is a good team, I expect a good game and I see no favoritism.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

I mean, i'll still watch it, is the first match in that copa america I feel like watching. But when we are at Copa America I dont see Brazilian flags at the windows or any sort of decoration, I feel like Brazilians are not over enthusiastic for Copa America. But we'll get mad if we dont go well for sure.

7. TKracer

TKracer Active Member

Not sure if this counts as off topic? But would it be possible to split this head movement on horizontal and vertical level?

The horizontal sway when you take corners is something I believe a lot of people call AMS 2 "slidey" it really screws your chance to see any tyre slip when you are just on the limit of grip because it already feels like you have started sliding or you can't differnate when you actually do, partially beacuse they tyres always seem to squeal.

However putting it to 0 solves this issue but then the vertical bumps makes you nauseous, I mean try driving a GT car over Long Beach and you would puke after a few laps lol.

So ideally I would like horizontal set to 0 and vertical can be 100 all that I care.
    Now I have to balance the sliding feeling with feeling nauseous.
    upload_2024-6-30_17-5-35.png

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  8. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

This.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Louis Marlowe

Louis Marlowe New Member

Surely just increasing the G-Force Effect Vertical will solve this - have you tried that already, perhaps with Legacy Head Movement disabled?

10. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, but it would't achieve what you want.
    With the Head Movement setting, we determine whether the pitch axis (and depending on the Legacy setting, also the roll axis) anchors itself to the car chassis orientation or to the virtual horizon ("head") orientation. Or an interpolated value between the two.
    If we were to apply the same logic to the yaw axis, with one extreme setting we would have the same behavior as now: The camera is always aligned in the same direction as the car. But with the opposite extreme setting: As the car drives around the track, the camera would always point in the same cardinal direction (e.g. north) while the car chassis would be rotating around us. This would only make sense to use in a single scenario: If the player is on a motion platform that allows for 360 degree movement on the yaw axis.

11. AllocDK

AllocDK New Member

This has nothing to do with the patch...

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Djin

Djin Member

With the improvement in tire physics and hysteresis, I hope that cars that still slide too much will perform a bit better. The same goes for the AI, we still have quite a few situations where the AI crashes into you as if you weren't on the track, even on a straight line with the steering wheel straight. Anyhow, like everybody here, I am very excited to test the new features & content of the 1.6 update.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2024 at 9:03 PM
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Both of those issues are a major focus of the new update.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  14. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I prefer the release end of cw 31. My summer vacations gonna start then :p;).

• Like Like x 1
  15. maitevel

maitevel New Member

Nothing is wrong, but what is being interpreted (and this is coming from someone with a degree in Humanities) is that in 1.6 we are going to have 2 free Audi cars and another 5 Audi dlc cars.
    And apparently, this is not true because an Oreca, a Chevrolet, etc. have already been leaked.

Just a comment, no one should take it to heart.

16. Andrew Curtis

Andrew Curtis Member

Will the update fix the AI being too fast in the rain?
    I've been using the Custom Driver Utility to create really competitive races and it works great in the dry. But for dynamic weather if the AI is at my speed in the dry, they are about 2 seconds a lap faster in the wet. So I can only have full dry races or full wet races, but not changable weather races.
    I hope Reiza can/will solve this issue.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  17. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Nobody will take it to heart, because nobody understands what you are trying to say. Maybe we need a degree in humanities to understand it. I didnt see any 5 Audi DLC cars written anywhere, so maybe that degree in humanities is not all that its cracked up to be.
    It is poven that there is no direct link in reading comprehension and university degrees.

Just a comment though. Nobody should take it to heart.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2024 at 7:31 PM
    • Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. AllocDK

AllocDK New Member

Did you forget to add who you are speaking to?

19. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

And also added head rotation, not just translation.
    I miss roll really bad... preferably with (optional) direct connection to wheel angle (like rF2 does).
    Pitch also gives much better sense of deceleration than just forward head translation (chicken head movement).

20. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think it is okay to say here that the new materials make AMS2 cars look just gorgeous. No more cartoony feelings.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 3