1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 May 2024 Development Update - The Road to V1.6 Pt1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 31, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobolo80

bobolo80 New Member

is there absolutely no way or possibility to enter the beta program?

2. Alexandre Costa

Alexandre Costa Member

I don't think so, unless Renato decides to open it again in the future.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. The Swert

The Swert New Member

A new IMSA track pack?
    We've been waiting almost two years for the Racin' USA Part 4 which promised some more content

Has some of the Racing USA content now been shifted to this new pack?
    When will we get an update on Part 4?

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Suffstress

Suffstress New Member

The longer they go without announcing Racin' USA Part 4, the longer I can delusionally hold out hope that it'll have stock cars

• Optimistic Optimistic x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  5. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Probably got shifted back, the same with the LeMans historic update due to the IMSA deal.

Understandable IMHO, it's official content from a well know championship, it can increase the games profile and that in turn brings more players and licencing deals with tracks and manufacturers that might have otherwise given them a "who the hell are you" attitude.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. The Swert

The Swert New Member

In other words, they shelved their plans after announcing it and now make us pay for that same content in a different wrapper?

I hope not.
    But two years is a long time without any update.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  7. harizrushdi

harizrushdi Wiki Helper

FWIW, there is a "US Stock Car Gen2" in the game files.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. Mustafa

Mustafa New Member

First of all, congratulations on the excellent work that Reiza has been developing, I think it's incredible and promising that a game among so many racing games will do well in single player, we are already full of games focused on multiplayer, secondly I would like to say that I have all the packages available to this day I've been a motorist since the stock car era lol, I've been your buyer for years! But today I would like to touch on a subject that I feel has been talking about since Grand Prix 4, the issue of AI, I think you do a wonderful job in this regard, but I think that to date no game has come out that even comes close to Grand Prix's AI. 4, you still continue playing mods and looking at that incredible AI, the different sets of offensive defensive lines, the unpredictability it causes, accidents, in short I wonder how a game from 2002 still, to this day, no one has ever managed to make a decent AI at the level of a grand prix 4? I wonder if you have already played this game and if it would be possible to implement or buy the files for their AI part as no one has managed to do anything close to them to this day?

Second question why no one tries to hire Geof Cramond for the team he would be a marketing guy and would be an inescapable cost benefit for any game development team!

• Like Like x 1
  9. whokilledduncan

whokilledduncan Active Member AMS2 Club Member

But no one has paid for Racin' USA Part 4. It was always an unplanned, bonus expansion of Racin' USA. It has indeed been a longer than expected wait, but it's clearly lower priority for Reiza given no one actually paid for it. Why would you worry that Reiza have now decided to stealthily repackage and charge us for it? The IMSA deal and likely most of the content related to it are new developments and nothing to do with Racin' USA Part 4.

Quoting Renato's responses to previous queries on this topic:

and

They are bonus packs that came to be precisely because plans for those packs changed and expanded - cars and tracks that weren´t going to make in now are, content that wasn´t going to be officially licensed now will be and while the cost tag also increases for us with those developments we felt we should keep them free of additional charge for owners of the original full pack both to avoid confusion as well as payback for their schedules getting extended so far, but they were never part of that same schedule.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

If there will not be a US Stock Car added then my quest to Nascarize all cars in AMS2 will have to continue :cool: .

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. The Swert

The Swert New Member

Why worry?
    Because we've heard nothing for two years and now new USA content is announced instead.
    Will there still be a bonus pack or not?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. whokilledduncan

whokilledduncan Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Well, only Reiza can answer that question. I personally am 100% confident they will deliver RUSA4. In all the time I've been playing Reiza games - since Stock Car Extreme - not once have they failed to deliver content that was formally announced - and plenty of times they have in fact over-delivered.

• Agree Agree x 7
  13. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Trust the process :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Rick07

Rick07 New Member

Hola Reiza es la primera vez que estoy aquí, estoy emocionado con la nueva actualización y la introducción de Audi es un WOWW para el simulador, me encanta como tratan de pulir realizando detalles en cada trabajo, me gustaría dar algunas sugerencias por ejemplo, cuando se corre en lluvia seria interesante incluir el parpadeo de las luces rojas de los vehículos, pienso que es una característica que da mas inmersión, al igual que cuando se enciendan los LMDH sea solo con el motor eléctrico y también seria bueno incluir las luces amarillas en los faros característico de las carreras de resistencia.

15. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

And the Opel Omega 3000 :D

• Like Like x 5
  16. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I mean the way I've seen it since the IMSA partnership announcement is that these tracks are the Racin USA bonus pack (Part 4) that Renato was referring to.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Djin

Djin Member

Would be cool to have the FullForce and the TrueForce effects for the Clubsport DD & Logitech GPro users.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

They are not

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. harizrushdi

harizrushdi Wiki Helper

As it happens, one of the images in the first post has a massive Opel sign in it...

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  20. kingkoenig

kingkoenig Active Member

When the schedule is released, it shows clearly the classes that run at each event. Canadian fans are pissed off right now because the GTP class is skipping Mosport this season; LMP2 will be the top class. At Lime Rock, only the GT cars will race.

It usually (but not always) has to do with the track. Detroit is too small for all 4 classes.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2024
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.