1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 May 2024 Development Update - The Road to V1.6 Pt1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 31, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Madatek

Madatek Member

As I said, those are not critical for me, neither are expectations, just some nice-to-haves in a simracer in 2024. They are definetly not that critical and I believe that most people agree on that.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Jason Bradshaw

Jason Bradshaw Member

Will 1.6 address the issue with tyre splash clipping through the chasis of the cars?

3. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I do believe that what is now an exception will be the standard from now on.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't think we will see any of the things you've listed any time soon, if ever.

Out of those things, I have to disagree that AI more "human-like" is not critical. I believe it is critical indeed if ams2 mp is unable provide a good experience.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

For me, the game having MP at all isn't critical, but the ongoing improvements to the AI are essential.

But my point is that everyone has their own preferences - no right and wrong answers. Impossible to win completely as a developer because you can't please all the people all the time.

Personal note, but this would 100% be my most requested feature too. Being able to have a lot of Porsche 962s but only a few works C9s would be ideal, for example - to keep the rarity of the rarer machines.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Madatek

Madatek Member

Moreover, AMS2 might very well have some of the best singleplayer of any sim as of now, so focusing on that strength could be a good move. I've read in the part 1 post that they do have improvements on the AI on the horizon. It's already good but that makes the more meh moment that much more jarring

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. wegreenall

wegreenall Active Member

Uuuh... just watching now but... IMSA at Martinsville speedway? Looks like just the MX-5 cup but not sure

• Like Like x 3
  8. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It is not ideal, but you can do this if you create a custom AI file. It will then select the cars you have AI assigned to. So if you only do 2 mercs and a bunch of the other cars when you start a race with the matching number of opponents to what you set for custom AI the game will select those cars.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Jehuty

Jehuty Active Member

I believe you are waaaaaayyy to pessimistic.
    After all , we have pistop lights , SC , FCY, Led panels for flags etc etc .We will have cold start with the LMDH , IMSA content and more. That is just insane for me to see that. When you know the game Engine. Who would have thought that in 2020/2021?

So for me : Nothing is "finished", the game will have more fearures to come. And i BELIEVE in this studio.

Forgive my terrible English.

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  10. marcelp

marcelp New Member

Maybe a new HUD or overlays coming with update 1.6 ? for ex: new full trackmap.....

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  11. Wilfrandy Ramirez

Wilfrandy Ramirez Member

Wouldn’t be surprised if that’s included with the UI overhaul they working on

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. JavierZumaeta

JavierZumaeta Active Member

I'm unreasonably excited about the new menu/HUD. I'm hoping the revamp includes a whole new art direction that is a lot more modern looking - stylish. The current HUD art style is straight up amateurish - I'm a VFX professional, and the art style looks like a place-holder put together by one of the coders. It does the job, but it just doesn't look good. pCARS2, LMU, ACC, hell, the Wipeout series and even AMS1 - all do a better job at representing the cool factor of sim racing. AMS2's... that font... oof.

Here's hoping. A nice to have, for sure. But presentation matters.

• Agree x 16
    • Like x 2
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  13. Chewpapa

Chewpapa New Member

Nope. I tried it some time ago. Tried it again today after reading your suggestion. Does not work for me. I merged the mods by editing the crd file. I edited the Group A.xml. Added exact numbers of BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Opel, Sierra. 25 in total. Set game to use 25 opponents. Way to much Sierra with generic driver names. Whatever the game selected, it's not my list at all.

14. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

This clip may give you some hope!
    It looks like there's a free camera in development mode at least.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That's because you're using mods. If you want to edit what mods cars would appear you'd have to edit the rcf files not just the crd files.

I don't know how AI would work with the mod cars as I haven't tried combining mods with vanilla content.

If it's also not working correctly it may be that there is a slight error in how you're setting up the AI files. If even a single character is off the file won't work correctly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. wegreenall

wegreenall Active Member

I have to say the lighting/shaders/reflections look amazing in this video. I am not sure I'm impressed by the smoke stuff... but that's personal preference. Am I confused and this is standard lighting already or is this possibly with the new shaders?

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Matus Celko

Matus Celko Active Member

Free camera was in development mode always, I remember early PCars 2 dev blogs that used free camera.

• Informative Informative x 3
  18. Chewpapa

Chewpapa New Member

Thanks for your reply. There's a good possibility (and kinda hoping) I messed something up in that AI file. Gonna have to check that out later. I think I remember some drivers actually having the right custom names, which might point to something else going on. Anyway, it's not really bugging me too much right now. I'm just curious and love to experiment with things to get an immersion as good as possible.

19. SparksV

SparksV New Member

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  20. SparksV

SparksV New Member

I think Reiza's Twitter account got hacked [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.