Automobilista 2 May 2024 Development Update - The Road to V1.6 Pt1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 31, 2024.

1. Madatek

Madatek Member

Does it mean he's not coming on then?

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. brendanrfoley

brendanrfoley Member

My car of choice is the McLaren 720s Evo. I love GT3s and am so, so excited about the 1.6 physics updates.

I was on pace for a 2:18:13 the lap after 2:18:38 but spun out on the left-hander at Bus Stop. So close, lol. I can post a 2:19:XX consistently.

And yes, I'd love some racing! I'm in the ET US time zone (Connecticut). Where are you?

Last edited: Jul 25, 2024
  3. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Call me optimistic but August 1st is my birth day... :whistle:

4. Odd Socks

Odd Socks Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Think you're all unlucky as mine's in December. :cool:

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. deekracer

deekracer Active Member

It's been in Renato's head since at least then. Does that count?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. deekracer

deekracer Active Member

So we get Mitsubishi SC next year? If so, when?
    These sound cracking:

7. BobbyB

BobbyB Member

You never know, maybe we'll get the dev update then.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

August 2nd 2025 you mean? :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

There is an item on the checklist for lift-off oversteer, which is the first cousin of what you are experiencing, called "PICNIC." :)

So being more gentle on the brake lift-off is what that implies. However, I also experience this on a regular basis, so I would follow the set-up advice of others who replied. It can likely be mitigated best in combination with driving technique improvements.

10. wegreenall

wegreenall Active Member

Aaah for some reason I thought it was for the throttle! But yes easing off slower is helping. I think I will have to practice evenmore as when I tried the 2024 stock car, which I find so fun to drive now, I spin a LOT more; the new tyres are going te be a challenge!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Jojo Pagani

Jojo Pagani Member

Hi. I havent followed the game in a few months. I bought the game on Steam sales , with most of the TLC sales and I enjoyed the game first. But suddently I realised that I found it a bit too easy, like I was not spining cars without TC and I could control the slides like if it was an arcade. After trying AC and LMU if I went back to AMS2 I always ended up with a arcadey after taste.

I havent been playing any sim racing in months, then I decided to try the 2024 Stock cars because apparently it has new physics (I think).
    Wow what a change. The car grip and loss of grip is way more evident and the driving is challenging and rewarding.
    I have a question, will the 1.6 update bring this level of car handling to the rest of the cars?

Ands if that is the case, will the community be alright with it? Because when I talked about why I didnt like AMS2 I received a lot of negativity from the community.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. AllocDK

AllocDK Active Member

That was the plan

13. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Automobilista 2 May 2024 Development Update - The Road to V1.6 Pt1

The physics part is pretty much explaining it - each car will be revised.

• Like Like x 2
  14. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Negativity from community can be due to different factors...one of them, the one which always triggers harsh replies is "X drives worse than Y and Z" or "it is arcade"...

Just to give you an example in real life the same car can give different results based on the driver...one driver can find it easy to drive because fitting him, the other doesn't because it needs to be tailored on him with proper setups....

Now, if we translate this on simracing not only you have X amount of Sims out there but also Y amount of simracers with different tastes...

A sim will emulate perfectly driving at the limits but be ridiculous at low speed, etc etc I can love it and you not....

So, until you know the changes are there to upgrade the driving experience and be more simulative and precise but also more understandable by the community as whole you are pretty sure the community will love the update...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Claiton Rocha

Claiton Rocha New Member

I play in ACC and I find it much easier than AMS 2, I have a very aggressive style, I brake a lot in the corners and accelerate again very early, I started playing more in AMS 2 because it has the tracks I love and it runs a lot well in Linux, not that ACC doesn't do it, but in terms of tracks it is very limited (I like American tracks better), so I'm learning to brake and accelerate more smoothly in AMS 2 than in ACC.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. Ernesto_171

Ernesto_171 Active Member

Try 20 laps without TC and watch the tyres fry and you sliding all over the track. You can drive easy without TC, even in rain, but your tyres will pay the price. Like in real racing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. wegreenall

wegreenall Active Member

they deserve it tho

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Mking

Mking New Member

Hi coming in ams2 1.6 a new tc system ? Controll the tire slip ?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Divit Beria

Divit Beria Prefer modern cars

Don't think so. Although more advanced driver assist systems would be nice.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. SRS13Rastus

SRS13Rastus Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes to the point they searched through the code and resolved an issue within the engine that caused the game to use 2 different tyre models causing major random handling problems.
    Ian Bell has been asked about this and stated "Reiza only changed 6 lines of code".
    Yet they're on hand for Ian Bell's new game as "Project Motorsports" as consultants...

When that nugget of news became public info it caused many people to claim this meant AMS2 was dead and abandoned entirely...
    AMS2 is Reiza's Baby, their main income stream, that allows them to continue doing their utmost to make it the best it can be.
    Anything else is just a bonus...

When the devs correct "just 6 lines of code" that the creators never bothered to fix let alone look for?
    When their track record for bugs that slipped through the net to "keep to a schedule" which then borked what we had back then. The Reiza devs spent the entire night on a Sunday and fixed the problem in just 14 hours from initial reports?
    When their track record has been of constant if slow and delayed updates improving the game in leaps and bounds?
    When seeing the player ratings rise to be right alongside ACC and AC despite the low player/owner count comparisons?
    So what if we get frustratingly delayed updates and news while they work as hard as possible to test and fix whatever needs it before it gets out in the public release?
    This is what makes us Early Access peeps and persistent long time players so calm about the delays and lack of sticking to a strict agenda. it'll come when it's ready to come...
    Yes the game still has problems, yes it's ben a rocky road at times, past history though, has shown Reiza has listened to players and learned to avoid deadlines or jumping the gun to tell us something is coming before it's ready.

Better that, than the likes of T10 with Forza surely?

• Winner Winner x 13
    • Like Like x 6