1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 May 2024 Development Update - The Road to V1.6 Pt1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 31, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think what brings new users and give replayability in a sim game is the racing bit of it. Which imho is lacking a bit in AMS2, be it offline or online.

The vast majority of players wont be able to differentiate a sim with hysteresis or without it (including myself), but will definitely keep interest in the game if they often get good races, offline or online.

• Disagree Disagree x 9
  2. depapier

depapier Member

What do you mean by absence of good racing?
    Bringing new player by word of mouth is ok but there's a limit to this and imho this has been reached a while ago. So to get players to actually try the game, they need to be aware of it.

3. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Let’s see after V1.6 arrives

• Like Like x 6
  4. Djin

Djin Active Member

Could be a way to drastically improve the player base, plus we know the Madness Engine runs well on consoles. The only downside I see is that porting the sim to consoles would take some resources (unless it's outsourced), but in the long run, it could bring more revenue to reinject into the sim due to the larger pool of players.

5. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

I can only speak about offline racing, and from the sims and other racing games I tried the one I have most fun racing is AMS 2, so this is relative I guess.

• Agree Agree x 6
  6. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

AMS 2 kinda sucks on a joystick though, but so does ACC. I think some work on playing with joystick would be necessary.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

AMS2 tyre model is already the most advanced among the sims, yet the game is unable to retain a good chunk of the players after the "game changer" updates.

• Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Video games are an art, and the best recipe for good art is letting artists do their thing. Things are working for Reiza, it seems like they have enough popularity and income to sustain AMS 2 for the foreseeable future. So I say there is no need to make any drastic changes when there is not much evidence that it's needed.

We all have things we wish Reiza would do (TV director mode pls) but at the end of the day they're the ones that have experience and knowledge to make those calls. We don't know what Reiza needs, only they do, all we can do is guess with only a fraction of the picture. If Reiza feel they need to make a change when it comes to how they do dev updates, they will make that change.

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

All games have spikes at each update and then they plateau, but AMS2’s has grown. Look at LMU to get a good idea over what I’m talking about. It’s not just AMS2

• Agree Agree x 6
  10. Lucifer_sam

Yes this whole playerbase thing has been discussed to death. At the end of the day if Reiza can keep doing what they're doing without worrying about money then there is no issue.

AMS 2 should focus on being a good sim, not a popular one. Reiza should focus on making the sim more well-rounded and realistic instead of chasing retention. I played Forza Horizon 5 for an embarrassingly long time, a good 25% of that time I wasn't even enjoying my time with the game, just completing Forzathon's like they're bloody chores and I ended up dropping the game completely because of that.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  11. Djin

Djin Active Member

I see that you have access to the beta. Do you find that the improvement in handling is not that significant compared to the current version? Most feedback seems to praise the new physics.

12. Lucifer_sam

Edit: posted a bit out of anger. I think I was fine talking about what I did, but just in case I'm removing it. Just annoyed at some of constant unproductive BS that pops up from time to time, especially when it comes from fellow PC members.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2024
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

this is making me believe that future nascar titles made by iRacing may not come to pc...

14. iggymax

iggymax Britney is in the wall BANNED

Thats my only wish, to make AMS2 comfortable playing it on controller.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. depapier

depapier Member

I really don't understand the negativity behind getting AMS2 out there to be seen and played by more players. It's just silly to be like "either a great sim or a popular game". That's not how it works. We all want this game to continue it's development and many of us would like the online ranked multiplayer not to flop due to lack of players when it does launch.
    Similarly the idea that pc is somehow superior to console is also just pure fantasy. Ps5 has a huge audience of eager sim racers. When a developer says "not a priority, too costly to port", well that's a real, legitimate reason. But when players argue against the game becoming more popular and having a larger active player base..that's just not serious.

Regarding the new NASCAR game I think they plan to release it on all platforms. World of Outlaws has some sort of copyright issue, which is too bad, because that game is near impossible on a controller and even on my 8nm wheel it's force feedback can kill you lol

I would of course much prefer NASCAR in Ams2 but..

16. AllocDK

AllocDK Active Member

Pc is far superior to console - You cant deny that...

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Well, if you put together a pc for the price of an console, console is probably better

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

AMS2 could still have more Nascar content, and if all else fails there could still be a generic model from whichever historic era and the current one. At least that would finally stop my future plans from putting Nascar liveries on every car in the game :D .

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, that may be true, but the console brings in sales and players. The console brings technical shortcomings like less physics calculation, FFB tickrate etc.

20. depapier

depapier Member

Don't want to stretch this argument more than necessary but what are you talking about regarding physics limitations on console? PS5/XboX are literally mid range pc's based around AMD tech, there is nothing there that's "limiting" more than on a pc. Asetto Corsa Competizione runs perfectly fine in 300hz FFB on ps5.
    The only real limitation are external online services (which can be and is solved) and modding. That's it.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.