1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 May 2024 Development Update - The Road to V1.6 Pt1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 31, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xenix74

Xenix74 Member

You can tell the difference between experienced sim racers and newbies by the patience of Patch 1.6. ****, I'm still waiting for the VW Scirocco :whistle:

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  2. HarleyDavidsonfx

HarleyDavidsonfx New Member

3. Jojo Pagani

Jojo Pagani Active Member

Is it me or the GT4s are clearly more powerful than the SRO GT4? Are they Brazilian standards or something?

I love all the south American tracks and Brazilian cars but but I think the game lacks official European/US content. LMP1-3, BTCC, WTC, GT cars according to the SRO standard, US formula Vee, Skip barber...
    I don't expect reiza to sign a million contracts but some of these classes would be welcome, even if they are "mock ups inspired by" like some of the current classes are.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. ang3l

ang3l New Member

Yeah, they were originally called N-GT, then when the FIA GT1 championship was created they were renamed to GT2, and on 2011 I think they were renamed to GTE, nothing to do with the modern GT2 tho.

I believe the GT and Prototype classes (outside the LMDh) are according to the Endurance Brazil series so the BOP is completely different to Euro GT Series. LMP2 and LMP3 are already coming with the Endurance/IMSA updates. BTCC is a different beast, their license I think it's still exclusive to Motorsport Games so it'd be harder to get into the game.

• Like Like x 2
  5. HarleyDavidsonfx

HarleyDavidsonfx New Member

I would like to see this on PS5 and PS4. There are not enough quality racing games on console. Project Cars1, Project Cars 2, and Projects Cars 3 all released on console. The Madness engine has done it 3 times already. PS5 also has VR. I think with the specialized content you can't get anywhere else it would sell like Hot Cakes. I have a group of friends that play Granturismo alot but can't afford a good PC. They do have PS5's and PS4's. They are on board for console release. The main thing is I want Reiza to get paid. Finish the PC version first. A console follow- up on PSVR2 / PS5 would fantastic. PS4 too because of install base.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Wilfrandy Ramirez

Wilfrandy Ramirez Member

Personally, if it happens in the future I would keep it only in the new gen console. PS4 would be way too old by that time. Plus by that you could expect more people having new gen than old gen. GTA is coming out next year, only that game will make a lot of people move away from the old gen.

7. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

Did you get "World Sports Cars" by the West Brothers yet? :D

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Wu!

Wu! Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I loathed it in V1.5, just tried it in V1.6 and I don’t think it will be my favorite track anytime soon, but it was a lot better, I can actually make an apex without the back of the car taking a side trip into territories unknown and messing up the next corner :)

In general it is much easier to be precise in V1.6 and do clean lines, the cars turn in better and because the rear stays mostly in line you do not have to do crazy things to get it “back” because it’s not gone in the first place.

Not to say it is easier, because if you really push it will bite you if you overdo it, but in much more sensible/predictable ways than V1.5 does. Once the car is gone, it is often really gone vs “Oh ok, I will just give it some more throttle and steer more, lolz!” Steering too much is what gets you in trouble in V1.6, the difference is quite remarkable, more so in some cars than others.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2024
    • Informative Informative x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. deekracer

deekracer Active Member

Me too, but I doubt I can afford such indulgence.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Wu!

Well... Grid Strippers, we could call them Grippers... nope, I'm with Racinglegend on this one, I do not think this is a good idea in this day and age, abort abort!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  11. pitkin

pitkin New Member AMS2 Club Member

Ah, the West brothers. A pair of sim racing legends. Hmm, Racing Legends, that sounds familiar...

• Funny Funny x 3
  12. lunamoon

lunamoon Active Member

Are the brakes in the LMDh cars better in 1.6? I like how they feel weight wise (a little floaty at low speeds in current version but that's alright), but the brakes feel so awful in current version, I have to run 70% brake pressure most of the time for them to not just lock up instantly and they still give me no confidence whatsoever compared to most cars in the game. Hope it feels a little better with the new physics!

• Like Like x 1
  13. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

All vehicles brakes without exception will receive an overhaul for 1.6 (things like cold and hot fade, consistencies with brake materials and temp ranges and brake torque fine tuning).

FWIW: LMDh are generally known to be tricky on the brakes for several reasons - they will still be quite abysmal at the start of a run when cold but they should improve over time when temps have established and tires are warmed up, but the difficulty with brake inconsistencies overall in the game are acknowledged!

• Like Like x 9
    • Informative Informative x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. Fatih

Fatih Active Member

That sounds awesome!

15. Wu!

To be honest I did not have too much trouble with the brakes in V1.5 either, so I am not sure really. As long as your initial braking phase is hard (just step on it while you still have proper aero load) and then gently trail off brake pressure as you bleed speed, it should be ok'ish.

In general I would say it improved a bit though, but I might just be imagining that :) They are still more prone to lock up vs most other cars, just like the GTEs are/were. in general it means you’re braking too late anyway for the car if locking up, braking a bit earlier settles the car more and sets you up much better for whatever corner is ahead and should make up for attempting to brake ultra-late by your line not being compromised and being able to get on the throttle far earlier.

Something like that anyway, I make it sound like I know what I am talking about, but, not sure this is true.

Edit: well Crimson ninja'ed me haha, but I hope a happy balance can be found here where it is still possible to gain time by braking in certain ways but also avoid the exuberant lockup behavior.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. René1976

René1976 New Member

Hello,
    We've had several 3 hour races now. You had to change the brake after about 2 hours.
    Hockenheim GT3+GTE & LMDH

Last edited: Aug 12, 2024
    • Like x 1
    • Dislike x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  17. AllocDK

AllocDK Active Member

Uhhhhh that sounds great

18. Wu!

You can change brakes? Somehow I never ran into this problem. Just like you never ran into google translate, what a wicked world this is ;)

• Funny Funny x 11
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  19. Richirichi

Richirichi Member

??

20. wegreenall

wegreenall Active Member

I think the LMDh have some kind of complex brake-by-wire system that tripped up a lot of drivers last year (my beloved Seb Bourdais included)... is this to be modelled? I would prefer not, really, so as to keep things fun and not frustrating, but curious as to how things are changing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.