1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 May 2024 Development Update - The Road to V1.6 Pt1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 31, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Are you on Live for Speed?

(Ironically, the development is slow, very slow, even if the name suggested speed as sense of life).

• Like Like x 1
  2. Wilfrandy Ramirez

Wilfrandy Ramirez Member

I was just thinking will driving in VR, how does the cockpit mirrors work? Would it be feasible to change them to show part of the car (specially on formulas)? Would it require more resources? Cause what I have been thinking is that they kind of work the same way as the virtual mirror, and for resource wise is just one big image cut into each mirror.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 3
  3. AllocDK

AllocDK Active Member

Yeah that is something i also want since they already render the whole car, but mirrors are sadly just virtual

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Xenix74

Xenix74 Member

Of course I'm on LFS.
    Just like on Assetto.
    Just like on RBR
    Just like on Rfactor.
    Just like on Raceroom
    Just like on IRacing.
    ectect...

Every sim racer over 50 has loved, appreciated and revered these icons. Even though Robert has been working on his simulation for over 20 years, I am sure that he has long since gained the respect of the other developers. I'm pretty sure all of these great developers would love to have a beer together and chat about work.

Unfortunately, unfortunately, this meeting would probably be more strictly controlled than Area51. Unfortunately :D

No ****, such an interview between the developers would be worth 100 times as much to me as a patch 1.6 or the long-awaited tire physics from LFS.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  5. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

Twas a joke! ...Or was it?:D
    Could easily be taken for a suggestion?:p

6. BobbyB

BobbyB Member

Any talks about any more DPi cars being added? Also since historical Le Mans is being added. will there be any 60's LMP's?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

More DPi Prototypes would be cool, but I haven't heard of anything indicating we'd get any more of those anytime soon. As for 60s content, this is very unlikely unfortunately - basically, the oldest stuff we'll get in AMS2 from the devs will be from the early 70s. This is mostly due to how hard (or impossible) it is to gather accurate and high-quality data and references for tracks that are older than that (and may have stopped existing a long time ago). Some cars like the '65 Mini or the '69 F-Vintages are the exception to this, but generally speaking I wouldn't expect any 60s (or older) content anytime soon... Sadly. :(

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. IronManAB78

IronManAB78 Member

Speaking of LFS, a new update have just got released a few days ago. Sadly, no breakthrgough new things are in it.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Lizardfolk

Lizardfolk lizard people run the FIA

Live for Speed was my first ever racing sim.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Well now I will have to learn what brake by wire is and discuss it in my V1.6 video

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Mirrors work the same way as the virtual mirror, and that is also true in VR. It's designed that way to be able to provide high fidelity without being too performance heavy. In fact, as far as I know, the Madness Engine mirrors are among the most efficient mirror rendering in sim racing. But there are a few drawbacks to that design choice: The car and driver body is not rendered in the mirror, a rear view camera in the dash will also behave as a mirror, in VR the stereoscopic focal point is up close where the mirror is (not far away where the actual objects that are rendered in the mirror) which is quite irritating in cars such as the ARC Camaro where the mirror is super close, and 6DoF head tracking doesn't quite match up geometrically so you have to exaggerate how much you lean to be able to see things just outside the scope of the mirror.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The possibility to drive racing cars on race tracks of their era is certainly one of the coolest features of AMS2.
    But, and :hurrayreiza: please listen carefully, I could just about get away driving a car from the '50s, '60s or even earlier on a track from the '70s, '80s or whatever era.;):rolleyes:

Last edited: Aug 10, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

First time I've ever agreed to a post that praised the GT3 in AMS2. In the current public 1.5.6 build I consider them one of the weakest cars of the game, but four months is a long time...

Am I ever impatient to see the update coming out :D But I reckon it's still gonna be a while, let's hope Renato gets out the dev update soon and gives us all something to salivate over...

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. XTRMNTR2K

So true! In fact, I'd even prefer having those classic cars on modern tracks than not having them at all (just think of 60s sports cars, 50s open-wheelers, etc.)... Besides, there are plenty of races with historic cars on modern race tracks in real life as well. :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. nito-ibz

nito-ibz Active Member

This:

images (6).jpg images (5).jpg images (4).jpg images (3).jpg images (2).jpg images (1).jpg images.jpg descarga (2).jpg descarga.jpg descarga (1).jpg

Last edited: Aug 10, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. XTRMNTR2K

Such beauties! :eek:

Another car I'd absolutely love to drive in AMS2 is the Shelby Cobra 427... There's already plenty of tracks that should go well with this type of car, IMHO.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Siggi_Stoppschild

Siggi_Stoppschild Active Member

I wonder if 1.6 will include an updated version of the 24h layout of the Nordschleife? Or maybe even the VLN version of the track?
    That would be really nice!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

What are the differences?

19. pimpi84

pimpi84 Active Member

Are you sure??
    I am vr user and I would swear that the mirrors are actually stereoscopic and the image rendered is 3d and not flat.
    I have been a iR user for quite a long time and in iR the mirrors in vr are absolutely flat.
    In ams2 it definitely felt different and much more real.

20. Siggi_Stoppschild

Siggi_Stoppschild Active Member

After the Fuchsröhre, the curbs into Adenauer Forst got a redo and one can‘t drive over them anymore. This forces the drivers to find a new driving line. Also some banners could get an update, for example the Michael Schumacher Banner is completly missing atm.

• Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.