1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 November 2021 Development Update Part 2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Nov 22, 2021.

1. chonk

chonk Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah so it really is just replays that are the issue huh, I think in similar conditions with ultra settings my 1080ti @ 3440x1440 would probably give me about 30somethingish fps max in heavy scenes. I will check later to satisfy my own curiosity. So you're 100 odd fps sounds about right.

Knocking down shadows and or reflections to high would probably get you the rest of the way. Shadows you hardly notice when it's very wet because it's so overcast and all the spray etc. Reflections might be a little more noticeable, but you'll get a bigger increase in fps from that and reflections on high still look excellent. NIS @ 85% would definitely get you there too, it's just a question of whether you deem that an unacceptable loss of image quality at that setting. Personally i'd try lowering reflections one click first.

I'm sure track optimisations will continue to happen and they do seem to have a sizeable effect on performance, what might improve in terms of weather and lighting calculations though who knows.

• Like Like x 1
  2. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah replays are the worst. The fps in them are similar to in ACC, I would have expected them to have been better than that. I know in ACC the AI run the same physics as the player, not sure if that carries over to replays too though

3. AlexBfromG

AlexBfromG Well-Known Member

So...
    we all hope and pray for a nice Christmas Present with a bunch of cars?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Stefan Becker

Stefan Becker Member AMS2 Club Member

x-maas-AMS2-12.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. José Llamas

José Llamas Member

Please, I'd like to see some Nissan Primera Super Tourer, P11 or P10... :p

Last edited: Jan 24, 2022
  6. GodzillaGTR

GodzillaGTR Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't think it is unreasonable to ask where we are at with the Nissans given that it has been over 4 months since 1.3 dropped and going on 5 months since we were told that we might even have some of those Nissans even before 1.3.
    Is there anything that can be shared in regards to this?

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. SuperMonaco_GP

SuperMonaco_GP Active Member

we still haven't seen any news regarding the announced new ffb guide, to be released at the end of 2021..

8. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

And the scheduled races.....

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Pioss993

Pioss993 New Member

Good morning I hope you can help me suddenly motorist 2 stopped working or rather the initial theme starts then when I should enter the game it exits to the desktop and I get a message report of this bugsplat I don't know how to do it please help me
    the video card is a radeon rx6600 xt 5th generation intel i5 i don't understand what's going on before i used to play quietly

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

try a steam file check.