1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 November 2021 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Nov 5, 2021.

1. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

Well what I meang was...there is no "BoP" that is worth meationing The McLaren always wins, both in GT3 and GT4.

2. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

you should run races longer than one hour, where you'll have to get fuel and tires.
    Maybe the balance gets better then ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

Last time I tried that online (I'am a big fan of the NLS series) I was the last one in the session after just 25 minutes and 4 laps. Session ran in time compression at 30x for the full 24 hours in 48minutes in a 50min session.

I always recommend to lower FFB to less than 4N/m for Endurance Series ;)

Last edited: Nov 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  4. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, currently player numbers and player "meta" means half the lobby leaves after a few laps. I wish it wasn't the case, but there's not much we can do about it.

5. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

That's due to most people's damage fetish, though. Not much incentive to continue a race after you've been crashed into in T1, limped to the pits, waited 4 minutes for repair and are two laps down.

6. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Well, even with damage completely off, so also without visual damage, people still leave after an incident

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

maybe the same people ask "why are all servers empty" :whistle:

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I've high hopes the MP will come alive if Reiza does add 'official' scheduled races on the UI.

Then, if we get long enough races with dynamic weather, people will get addicted with the immersion and strategy possibilities and eventually AMS2 MP will live its golden days.

Maybe I'm way too hopeful, but it is very easy to see all the potential the game has to offer on that front.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 3
  9. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah exactly, i think those people are part of the problem, not the solution unfortunately

10. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Default works perfectly on all cars for me with a single slider configuration and only a rare few cars needing anything other than the base 100% strength setting.

Could not be more opposite to PC 2!!

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. rsr427

rsr427 Member AMS2 Club Member

Very much looking forward to part 2 of the dev update. But for me, they HAVE TO NAIL the "STICKY DIFF" fix. I can't drive more than 10 mins before leaving frustrated and it seems to be in all the cars I really want to drive. I really wish they fixed the content they had before adding more of the same. (How many GT3 and GT4 cars does the sim world need?)

Second most important to me is the AI Modding. Even if its text-based, this enables the community to fill in the gaps in immersion and really create a compelling single player experience here.

Considering this product started with PC2, I am surprised it trails in these two categories. The feel and physics in AMS2 is not so far ahead of PC2 that it makes up for the broken diffs. And PC2 is underrated in providing realistic carsets with which to race. Yes, it could use the name editor. But the skins are so far ahead of what Reiza provides.

Fix these two and pair it with the custom championship editor and we've got the most attractive single player option I've seen in a while. Add the possibility of a "career" mode and its unbeatable.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  12. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

I don't use the F1 content much at all but, I don't want to deny others from having it, either.

It's not about the number of games featuring GT3 / GT4 / whatever content, it's about quality content in your game of choice. AMS2 has the potential to be just that for many of us, let the dev's do their work, good things are happening. ;)

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 2
  13. BlaKArg

BlaKArg Member

Which cars have this behavior? Honest question as I think I've learned to drive around it and don't notice anything.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Most clutch LSD cars. The F Retros being one category that stands out the most. And yes you can drive around it and do some setup work to mitigate it. ITs been discussed in some pretty in depth detail for a while and knowing that its being addressed is sweet music. It bodes well for Reiza and how hard they work and for the community that actively and intelligently discusses such things with tact for the betterment of the sim.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 5
  15. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Most cars with clutch LSD already have a working diff, it's just not working sufficiently for all cars yet (and also the least affected ones are still not cured fully). Least affected cars are GTs and 80s+ modern Formula 1 like cars and faster Protos too. (so majority of the content). But even these cars still show some "weird snap" and require to use very extreme settings to work properly/show differences clearly. (Also obviously suffer in managable turn-in and predictability)

The driveline revision will aim at basically every limited slip differential car in the game tho, so it will affect the least AND most affected ones similarly. :)

• Informative Informative x 8
    • Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 3
  16. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

From the grammar on the post above I don't know if Crimson was in a hurry or he was trying to curb the urge to write it with angry German tone lol

(Just kidding eh, just in case :p)

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

On an unrelated note: this just happened IRL at Laguna Seca. If you haven't already, give this combo a go.

• Like Like x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  18. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Both.

• Like Like x 1
  19. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Can you name the car and the exact thing that is happening that frustrates you? How do you know it's because of the "sticky diff"? Not trying to be hostile, just trying to understand the cause of people's negative impressions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Such a shame that that sound is lost from the race tracks around the world. Those screaming v10s are what initially got me interested in F1. Was shattered when they got rid of them.

• Like Like x 2