1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 November 2021 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Nov 5, 2021.

1. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It says a few days difference in the OP. I assume this can increase if some bugs need to be squashed.

2. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Thanks, I'm not that much interested in the demo (and its cars) and more in the resonance it generates among players who may never have played AMS2 and now try it with the demo; so the steam reviews and such. I hope that this demo might help AMS2 in gaining a few more supporters, as I feel that many are held back by somewhat negative videos by somewhat popular influencer(s).

As it seems, there isn't a review page for the demo, though.

As I understand it, Reiza should have a detailed spreadsheet of this behaviour by now. Also, this has been described to death in the AI thread, by different people in different situations.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2021
  3. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Since its known, did they have to meet a deadline for releasing it? Otherwise i find it odd that they would release a demo with known bugs, as a demo is an advertisement for the game as well

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Already done a couple of times since game release...:whistle:

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

[nevermind]

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Been a long time user of PC2... Honestly it was far worse there to have cars rotate cleanly around a corner. So much so that every high level race you could see streamed people were drifting the cars into the corner with crazy oversteer and then put the power down so early because with the completely locked diff that PC2 had that was the fastest way around corners.
    Even before the next update that should fix for good the diff issues, AMS2 is already miles away and better than PC2.
    Like it was highlighted to GM, for those who want their car to have an AC-like behavior where going off the gas creates a huge wave of oversteer that can already be achieved in most cars in AMS2 through a bit of diff and setup fiddling with some cars being an exception. Even more will be achievable with the more unlocked diff and no more cars will be exceptions hopefully.
    Whether that is actually a realistic car behavior or not is a different problem, as I personally disagree on that AC flavor being the right reproduction of the way a race car drives and the famous "lift off oversteer" is a unicorn he is chasing because of AC..

• Agree Agree x 9
  7. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

Emphasis on setup needed. This isn't meant as a downer, but more like expectation management, because some type of cars, suspension packages and tires will plow - open or locked diff. Not to mention aero balance which overshadows weight transfer at reasonable speeds. But aero balance can change a lot as you're driving depending on inputs and suspension of course.

Ultimate point: the rear of a car won't shoot out just, because the diff is loose. (you can still feel it being loose in a subtle way)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

It is A-Chimera not an unicorn :p

• Funny Funny x 4
  9. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Tomorrow can't come fast enough. I need my CART fix

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Then you will have to wait about 12 days probably, that will get released at the end of the month

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

One thing. Can we stop with the being able to drive through other cars on your outlap after you've finished, i really do hate this (and thats saying summit cause i dont hate much about AMS2), in fact i cant stand ghosted cars full stop, they're either there or they're not, plus i cant see sh$t if i end up inside another car. I really hate it, please give us the option to turn that feature off. Otherwise be damn sure im looking forward to this update, think this is gunna be mega! (yep i used the word mega, grew up in the 90's for sure!). Mini rant out!

• Agree Agree x 5
  12. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This was taken from pCARS2 to eliminate the lags when joining other drivers. So the new drivers are only loaded when you are in the pits.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Dolph

...or later

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

If you are on P/Q and see a ghosted car, it just means the driver did not return to the pits yet since you joined. As mentioned above, this is ME’s way of eliminating the join lag by only loading in the pit garage.

If you see a ghosted car during a race then that driver and you are not synced and as such ghost to avoid contact and crazy netcode reactions.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Kartu14

Kartu14 Member AMS2 Club Member

Hello,
    And what about the roadmap for the second USA DLC ? Is it always planed for tomorrow ?
    Thanks

16. Shriukan

It comes at the end of the month.

17. Dolph

Nope. Tomorrow

18. Shriukan

A patch with the VW and improvements from the last 3 weeks is coming tomorrow.

Racin' USA DLC Part 3 is coming end of the month.

Edit: Misread. The dev update comes tomorrow, yes

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Dylan Hale

Part 2 you mean? Part 3 was supposed to be the oval stuff

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Dylan Hale

"The Pack - originally planned as a single, massive expansion pack - has been split it into three standalone parts, each including a number of tracks and cars - the first centered around the US thriving sports car scene; the second on its single-seater heritage and the third on the world of oval racing, with some overlap between them adding up to a cohesive whole. We expect to release all three parts before the end of the year."

• Like Like x 1