1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 November 2023 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Nov 17, 2023.

1. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Even before that recent post, Renato said months ago that AMS2 was their most successful title financially. I have no doubt that AMS2 can continue to sell well for years, as there is nothing else like it and it will be be continuously improved.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Dom Papi for President !

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Malaman

Malaman New Member

Are we there yet?
    Are we there yet?
    Are we there yet?

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. GregzVR

GregzVR P1 passion, P10 talent.

Dang I thought it was released when I saw this! :D I’m glad GP Laps got some early access, as he’s pretty much the only sim racing YouTuber I watch these days.
    I like his relaxed, non-clickbait-but passionate style.

• Agree Agree x 23
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Demeisen

Demeisen Well-Known Member

If I remember correctly, there was talk of that, early on in 2021, wasn't there? And if there wasn't, there damn well should have been.

Back then, one of the big sim community complaints about AMS2 was the inconsistency of car behaviour. There was a feeling that car handling couldn't be fully predicted from corner to corner. If you're looking to approach a game with an eSport mindset, consistency of behaviour is going to be an essentials component. I think there was some justification in that criticism too: It took years for AMS2's baseline performance to be established (1.4?).

Was the eSport angle a missed opportunity? I don't think so, because AMS2 has never been in that sort of state. Nor has it ever been a commercially viable multiplayer platform either, so again, there's no missed opportunity around that. The big unresolved 'opportunity' (for me), is around single player endurance racing. I'd have loved Reiza to have really leaned into that, simply because there's no sim out there that comes close the the essentials of endurance racing as AMS2. Up to now though, that's never been a priority for Reiza , so it's never represented a pain-point for me.

As cliched as the saying is...AMS2: It is what it is.

6. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Even with today's best tech and tools, sourcing accurate audio-reference sounds is difficult and specialized work. Most older video capture / audio equipment was quite basic and poorly setup at the time. Even without recorded-audio compression issues, the reference audio often demonstrates major chassis resonance characteristics / distortion. That could easily account for vastly different examples of car audio.

None the less, I do think that attention to such detail is worth consideration.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Odd Socks

Odd Socks Active Member AMS2 Club Member

What do you feel is missing for this.

I know that a friend and I have both run full 24-hour races. When I did it, I let the AI do some of the racing when I had to stop, where as I think my friend did the whole 24-hour race.

I have to say the whole Day / Night transition and real weather is amazing when racing in real time.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Ross from "Sim Racing Bible" an Timo **** are also relaxed and just have fun with racing.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

I'm really impressed! While the AI improvements were on full display in Reiza's video too, I was waiting for a third party to show it off just in case anything was being dolled up by Reiza (not that they're the type to do that of course but my point stands, outside reassurance is best reassurance IMO) and what's shown here makes me genuinely believe the AI has finally properly gotten not only better, but more consistent on a track to track basis

• Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Would it be possible for Reiza to explain the difference between "Max" and "High" AI? Some people don't use Max because they are worried that their race will be ruined by over-aggressive AI cars that damage the player's car or bump it off the track. However, especially with the new coding on which Renato & Co. have worked so hard, it would be helpful if Reiza described any differences in expected driving behaviour (overtaking, blocking, car awareness, etc.) between the two levels.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 11
  11. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

That Greg VR guy does some fun stuff too ;)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

I think Phil is the name of the SRB guy, unless I missed someone else :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

High aggression still has some randomization to make some drivers more or less aggressive. (Much more noticeable in the update as we now have persistent drivers in a lot of classes)

Max overrides that and makes everyone a cut throat lunatic that would kill you for a Klondike bar.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
  14. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Maybe we should keep to what we really know something about instead of babbling about something else that only does support our imagination.
    I was a member of 4 different NR2003 leagues using the GTP Mod for about 10 years.
    And as the word "league" does imply they were all MP leagues.
    So maybe I to the contrary know something of how stable the NR2003 MP system did work.
    And furthermore this MP part of NR2003 was actually the sole reason iRacing (called FIRST) did use a lot of money to buy the right of the NR2003 code. :whistle:

These leagues was mainly based in US and Brazil!
    And as can be seen on the map of the US based FSB League the drivers was spread out from US, Brazil and even one from Russia.:D
    And we did almost never have ANY connection problems. Never;)
    Check out some pics of these MP races.

ByTheWay: The air photo of the starting grid was a Brazil hosted 2.4 LeMans race. Yes Brazil with the wellknown pretty bad internet. But it just worked fine. Hehe and I became number 3 in my #3 "hippie" car. But the end of story is that maybe I know a few things about the MP part of NR2003.
    And therefore see no reason babbling about the SP part of NR2003. Because this didnt have the interest of both me and most real NR2003 tifosis. :D

Daytona2012_FSBstartGrid_50.jpg driversMap_largeAuto.jpg LeMans2004_bridge_onTrack.jpg startGrid21 24H Brasil.jpg

15. YOUNG IL YOON

YOUNG IL YOON crossfieldz_ROK AMS2 Club Member

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 6
  16. BrunoB

Yeah you are right.
    Chese is more important :whistle:

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. BrunoB

Please try to use the same argumentation about iRacing.
    Which coincidently is considered the most complete 24/7 MP platform on the marked.:whistle:

18. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

Would be worried about "Max (Verstappen)" aggression too! ;-)

• Funny Funny x 8
  19. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

What about Phil Rose? :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Iuri_Rein

Iuri_Rein Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Good afternoon @Renato Simioni,

I hope this message finds you well. I was wondering if we could expect push-to-pass lights in the Stock Car. This feature would greatly assist us in broadcasting official Stock Car championships. Another question: the current push-to-pass limit is set at 15 per car. Would it be possible to provide drivers with an additional push?

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Best regards

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2