1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 November 2023 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Nov 17, 2023.

1. Demeisen

Demeisen Well-Known Member

The chrome of endurance racing: Specific series, endurance-centric tracks, full endurance rules, AI team driver swaps (not just human/AI swaps)...the full panoply of endurance racing. It's really another game, let's face it, but as you say, so much is in there, except the focus.

You can go nuts in AMS2 in a way that you just can't in other sims. I spent 6 months back in 2022 with every race/practice set to the daily weather forecast :confused:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Manbird12000

Manbird12000 Active Member

Hmm..well does this mean that we might not get the update until the end of this sale? :whistle:

• Creative Creative x 1
  3. DoomVergil

DoomVergil Active Member

Or it could come today? ;) I live in Finland and if the update comes from Brazil there's still time. It's midnight here about right now. It could be selling better if it comes now and not week later, I mean update. Man can dream... :D

• Optimistic Optimistic x 4
  4. Andy Reader

Andy Reader Member

I hope you are right DV.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. Xamantu

Xamantu Member

To be fair, everyone here now has optic fiber internet which generally works very well. :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. kallenhard

kallenhard Member

It must be a tough creative decision. Most of us don't know what the car sounds like from driving it, so a 'realistic' onboard sound, to us, is what we're used to seeing (hearing) on TV. The problem is what we're hearing is overwhelmingly distortion The pod is inches away from the air intake, subjected to 100+ dB of sound, and rapid wind rushing over the pod. The onboard sounds are to the real engine sound as a 2003-era Counter Strike 1.6 player deep-throating a desktop mic is to recreating a human voice!

I'd be curious to know what kind of audio tech was inside the unit though. Sources on the old tech are limited. I remember there was a segment from a CART race around 1992 (Try watching Mid Ohio 1992, as I think it was that race) where they show off the onboard camera tech. Like today, the lens has a plastic cylinder of film oriented in front of it, which can be rotated by a motor, and passes a brush to clean off debris. In those days, a radio antenna transmitted the signal back to a receiver on a helicopter flying around the circuit, then back to the base! That's why the signal would 'fuzz out' when passing under a bridge.

If anyone has any further sources on the 90s tech, please send my way!

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. IronManAB78

IronManAB78 Member

That's what I'm affraid of, too. Please Reiza, prove us wrong!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. DoomVergil

DoomVergil Active Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Michael Croshaw

Michael Croshaw Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Not sure I understand how that is related?

10. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

giphy.gif

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. MarcG

MarcG Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

All this talk of MP and yet this is a video I really wanted to see, as I'm somewhat of an racing AI geek I've followed this particular area with great interest over the years. This video (many thanks btw it's very good) demonstrates something I've always longed for - the trouble in determining whether that is AI or Human opponents!

In this video is hard to tell the difference, there are subtle hints here and there but overall it looks fantastic and I can't wait to get my hands on it. With AMS2 and RF2 in particular stepping up their AI coding in recent months, this truly is a great time to be a fan of Single Player racing and it looks as though AMS2 will go up another level with this update, very much looking forward too it.

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 6
  12. Biggybaz

Biggybaz Member

me to please reiza say it aint so

13. DinoM

DinoM Member

I would like an idea on how to grow the online base. I would also make all the DLC available online for those who haven't bought it, but if they want to run a champion or anything with it offline, they should buy it. Just an idea.

14. spikerjack

spikerjack Member

What still seems lacking (but may be just due to the beta state) is a more aggressive tendency to defend position

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

That already is the thing, all dlc tracks are playable online without having to own a single piece of dlc, it just requires a minimum two people to be in the server at all times. Few cars being dlc though i understand. I still bought the season pass to support the devs.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

Something i think only the F1 game's AI ever does - properly defend by changing lanes at least once when close to them as per real rules, and even when you are side-by-side they use ERS to get that position right back and do not yield unless it would truly be too risky to push more or when they run out of their battery.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. DinoM

DinoM Member

I understand. I have all the DLC (not with a season pass) from the release date. That's why I didn't know it was already like that. But I remembered that they are only available online/offline for a limited time for free.

18. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I already seen the rFactor 2 AI doing that as well sometimes forcing me to either wait or do a move on the outside

if only rf2 wasn’t such a pain to set up and didn’t had a such unstable performance… I uninstalled it a couple of months ago been doing only AMS 2 and sometimes ACC now

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

O
    you can play on dlc tracks you don’t own online as long as the host have the dlc, however the same can’t be said about the cars though but to be fair that’s already a lot more generous than other sims specially iRacing and rF2 with their overpriced DLC

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. DoomVergil

DoomVergil Active Member

I convinced my friend to buy AMS2 and season pass while it's on sale right now. I have talked about this game many times to him and said this is the one and only game you really want to play. :D

• Like Like x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 4