1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 November 2023 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Nov 17, 2023.

1. Biggybaz

Biggybaz Member

I agree with that and rfactor 2 is a close second, just a shame that rfactor 2 has its problems with ui (such a volatile app at times).
    The rest of it although i own it all (ac, acc, iracing, etc, etc) just doesnt get a look in nowadays

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Michael Croshaw

Michael Croshaw Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, same, my playtime is 70% AMS2 and 30% RF2 these days, and I couldn't be happier tbh.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

How long do I have to wait before it's not rude to ask 'are we there yet?' :p

Also is it just me that saves all the pics from these blogs as wallpapers? They are always excellent :D

• Like Like x 3
  4. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

OK sorry - you are probably right.:)
    But my MP story describes how it was about 8-10 years back.
    And at least the feel at that time wasnt exactly fiber-ish when I tried to comunicate back and forth with my Brazilian friends.;)

ByTheWay: But the NR2003 MP code didnt care.:D

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Philip00

Philip00 Member

Does anyone know if AI will avoid rubbered line in 1.5.3?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes that is correct

• Like Like x 1
  7. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

As it was specifically mentioned in Renatos video that the AI was not taught to avoid the rubbered line in the wet YET, I suspect they will :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Manbird12000

Manbird12000 Active Member

Is the Beta still in a stage where it’s absolutely impossible to give a release date? Four day weekend is upon us and I’d like to know if I should plan going out or plan staying in, ha!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It will always be in that stage because if the release date is not met a lot of folks end up getting angry about it. This has happened with almost every update with AMS 2 and was one of the biggest critisms of the dev team. Thus, the community here had an increasingly large group of people wanting Reiza to stop giving release dates (this was before Reiza 51/Paddock Club got re-opened. So this sentiment wasn't from beta testers). It is for the best, there were so many times where people treated a missed deadline like the sky was falling or that Reiza was being lazy.

I wouldn't expect anything much more than vague targets (not release dates, not deadlines, but targets) from the dev team and I wouldn't listen to any release date predictions made by folks that dont have "Reiza Staff" in their name.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Are there any plans to improve AI's behaviour on their in- and outlap in training/qualifying?
    Right now, they do anything to destroy the lap of a car which is on a fast one. They behave like they were already in race and must defend their position by any means.
    Adjusting the custom AI file does not help. Even with blue_flag_conceding=1.0, they behave the same.

In general, flag rules for the AI finally would be fine. In current state, they can cut corners, ram other cars off track and so on without any consequences, whilst human player gets warnings/penalties for such a behaviour.

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Doyle

Doyle New Member

A friendly beta tester told me that that was in fact fixed. I was also getting frustrated at getting murdered by AI when I was just trying to learn a circuit in free practice haha.

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  12. Rivanov

Rivanov New Member

Wish they would post them in 2560x1440 :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. mmertens

mmertens Old school racer

Also, will the ai behaviour on out laps be adjusted according to the vehicle or era? Ex: new Porsche cup cars normally needs 2 slow laps to heat up tires prior flying lap. But a 80s F1 car might need only a super slow out lap prior a qualifying flying lap, etc. will this be considered on new updates? That will be more realistic when doing qualifying in single player.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  14. mmertens

mmertens Old school racer

Also, will the ai behaviour on out laps be adjusted according to the vehicle or era? Ex: new Porsche cup cars normally needs 2 slow laps to heat up tires prior flying lap. But a 80s F1 car might need only a super slow out lap prior a qualifying flying lap, etc. will this be considered on new updates? That will be more realistic when doing qualifying in single player.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. spikerjack

spikerjack Member

Guys stop throwing new ideas otherwise the next update will be out in 2026 :rolleyes::D

• Funny Funny x 21
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  16. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

*gently taps Reiza on shoulder, offering cheese for release candidate*

(Edit: waiting for new release it's easy to forget how cool the game already is on 1.5, had a blast with some Formula Retros around Guapore yesterday, which is the latest Brazilian track I've got round to learning :D )

17. Gabriel Andrade Pessoa

Gabriel Andrade Pessoa TotosaLoko

The flag system was mentioned previously, my question is whether they will implement it in this update or whether they will wait for the arrival of Le Mans, where it will be even more necessary, due to the difference in speed of the cars..

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  18. Wu!

Wu! Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Sounds like a plan, this would give them ample time to work on modeling the new F1 engines too. They could go from version 1.5 to 2.026 in one fell swoop :)

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. roemer7000

roemer7000 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Will it be on release candidate first or directly in the main game?

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

Oh I don't know really. Normally there's a RC but you're right, it might be different with all the beta testing now :)

• Like Like x 1