Automobilista 2 November 2023 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Nov 17, 2023.

1. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Sorry, yes. That was silly of me.

2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

It may be the end for them, but this wouldn't be the reason. They already faced this issue in the past and resolved with a reverse split of their stock. They can do the same again or move to another exchange with fewer restrictions--neither affects the operating reality of the company. The real issue is whether their actual finances will continue to bleed faster than they have any ability to repair their many troubles.

3. MickT

MickT Active Member AMS2 Club Member

This is a different problem and rule that they have broken. Stockholder Equity refers to the company's assets vs liabilities and is an estimate of the amount of money that would be returned to shareholders in the event of liquidation.

4. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

The reverse split was to keep the individual share price above a dollar, to meet another requirement. Now they actually need to add value, which is a lot harder.

I agree with you, though, the stockmarket compliances are not a be-all or end-all but they do highlight the predicament they have and that they are going to run out of money in a few weeks unless they get a loan or buyout, but what assets do they have to make it worthwhile? Kosko and Hood´s endless B.S. generator?

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Gary_S

Gary_S Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I'd love to have done an intro preview video of this update, but wanted to respect the not for media branch. I am not sure if there is some agreement with some youtubers on the content or whatever.
    I had a quick few laps of the the new active suspension cars...very interesting.

• Like Like x 2
  6. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Sorry, interesting but nothing for the AMS2 dev update.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Specially because, let’s say hypothetically reiza buys one or both of the licenses that MSG lost, they would still need some time to make all the content for it

let’s say they get the indy license for example, they already have a model for the ir-18 (or at least similar enough to IRL ask them to change the visuals a bit) they would still need to get the tracks that are currently not in AMS 2 and that would require LIDAR and heavy work from the 3D artists to get things done for the game

8. DrEvil

DrEvil New Member

I hope Reiza's next project is DPi Gen2 (aka hypercars) and GT3 Gen2. Hopefully the Porsche and Cadillac hypercars and maybe next to the regular GT3s, also the new Mustang GT3. One can hope

• Optimistic x 4
    • Creative x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
  9. iggymax

iggymax Britney is in the wall BANNED

1 question, it's mentioned that drivers will get their appropriate racing suits depending on their car livery or real life suit. Does that mean MP4/12 will get white suit and black gloves for drivers ? Will helmets also be updated to look alike - Scottish flag for Coulthard and soft blue on top for Hakkinen etc. For now only Ayrton Senna's car (A.Silva AI in-game) have his look alike yellow helmet i think, which is great to see. Or maybe option to create custom helmet in far future...

Last edited: Nov 24, 2023
  10. Djin

Djin Member

Nils is uploading a video about version 1.5.3. It will be interesting to hear his opinion following his last video about AMS2.

Edit : video is up !

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 24, 2023
    • Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 4
  11. _Was

_Was Member

Friday update? Reiza :rolleyes:

• Optimistic Optimistic x 10
    • Like Like x 4
    • Creative Creative x 1
  12. jota.191

jota.191 (I'm Lando Garlando in AMS2 lobbies) AMS2 Club Member

It was probably commented already but I just realized now, after one week, that this screenshot is from an unreleased French track!

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

I don't think that it's fair with folks that bought the Barcelona DLC to be obligate to buy another DLC to have all the versions of this track. Not saying about the RX, that are very peculiar stuff, but the older layout, as Reiza delivered with all other tracks DLC. It's not fair that the third track of this new Historic Track DLC is something that should be part of another DLC that people already paid for. Just keep with these historic packs tracks that are new to AMS2 or already have free versions (as they did with the first HTP).

The Barcelona DLC is more expensive than the Hockenheimring or the Silverstone... it cost the same of other DLCs that received premium treatment, but have only one version (two layouts, but basically the same). Ok, some people are buying all the DLCs and don't care about how the track came to then, but what about folks that have to carefully choose what to buy?

@Renato Simioni... vc não acha isso um pouco de bigodagem? Sem querer ofender. Só acho que estão tomando uma péssima decisão que dará mais pano pra manga de quem gosta de esculachar o jogo... e porque é sim injusto bagarai, já que não é como se AMS2 completo fosse um jogo baratinho, né?

Abração!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  14. Manbird12000

Manbird12000 Active Member

I don’t want anymore preview videos, let’s goooooo :cool:

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Winner Winner x 4
  15. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

Agreed, let's get this out so we can enjoy it then go back to asking when the next one is out :hurrayreiza::D

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Michael Croshaw

Michael Croshaw Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Good review, very fair I thought. And reflects my own feeling on the GT3s in particular ( can't wait to drive them online in the public release ).

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes the "French Countryside Track that cannot be named" will be on the menu soon :cool:

18. Emir_de_Passy

Emir_de_Passy Member

Looks like a lot of otegress was made. Can't wait to try it.

19. iggymax

iggymax Britney is in the wall BANNED

I am afraid, but also happy that devs maybe found a new way they can improve even more the upcoming update.
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  20. kingkoenig

kingkoenig Active Member

I hope S397 can survive in some form.

• Agree Agree x 6