1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 October 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 28, 2022.

1. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

well, lucky for you that you cant drive a piece of text....;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. turtleCZ

turtleCZ Active Member

It always look like money for few months. They don't have any real products to sell so there won't be any income, right?

3. Chillblast

Chillblast Active Member AMS2 Club Member

They have passive income with RF2, it may not make much but with the more support it gets with LFM the more content rf2 will sell in theory. Plus, they just need to tide themselves over until the IndyCar game releases. i don't think they would make much from the it given it's not that popular compared to other motorsports but if they break even with it, it still keeps them going.

If you really want to show your distain for it then boycott MSG titles and studios but let's be honest the average IndyCar fan won't give a F*** or even know about what publisher or studio developed the title, they'll see a copy of it on the shelves and buy it because they like IndyCar. Plus, boycotting just punishes the studios who don't have a choice in what a parent company do or who they screw over.

Best to just accept it and move on.

• Like Like x 1
  4. turtleCZ

turtleCZ Active Member

My guess is rF2 development must be much more expensive than any income. And there must be massive development if any new game should be released anytime soon. It just looks weird. I think Ignition showed how good they are so new game is not probable. :D Anybody knows how Ignition could exist?

5. Artremis

Artremis New Member

The IndyCar game being succesful is a big assumption. Multiple years of development of a PC + Consoles game isn't cheap, if the game gets bad reception I doubt they'll be able to recoup the costs.

6. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Is it denail or rejection of how often the internet (especially in motorsports communities) is always doom spiraling? You see people talking about how Indycar, NASCAR, F1, WRX, whatever it is is dying and everything sucks and its annoying.

The only way to garentee MSG's continuation of their awful tactics is to make them think it's working. And saying that we should just accept that AMS 2 will not Indycar content is doing exactly that. No matter how unlikely there is still a chance, and it is in the sport we love where it becomes the most obvious.

It was unlikely for Fellipe Massa to survive being hit in the head by a suspension spring, it was highly unlikely for Alex Zanardi and Kenny Brack to survive their crashes. There is a reason its called #keepfightingmicheal vs #restinpiecemicheal. And yes, it doesn't always end well, but if we can keep hope even when it's almost certain that one of our heros are dead, why can't we keep hope in a video game having a car we like?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
  7. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

There's always the possibility it could come after the MSG deal ends, but I wouldn't get hopes up. Maybe in 24 or 25, but hopefully neither Reiza nor IndyCar burned that bridge. I'm still baffled why they renewed talks with Reiza, knowing of the MSG deal, only to back out again. It's like a flaky Bumble date who can't decide whether they like you, are disgusted by you, or can't get over an old crush.

8. Lucifer_sam

Oh yeah! In the end I'm just saying it's not a bad thing to hold hope. I don't think it'll happen soon either, but I hope it will some day.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Renan G Flores

Renan G Flores Active Member

This gal. This gal just told the direction Reiza should follow.
    Remember PCARS2 campaign? You start on a basic category and build up to the more powerful categories. Ex: kart - Formula Trainer - Formula 3 - Formula 1.
    Maybe Reiza should create a campaign teaching about the Brazilian motorsport history. You could start as far as 1972, when Fittipaldi won the first F1 Championship and build up all the way to the Stock Car '22, where you have pilots such as Barrichello, Zonta, Massa, Kanaan, etc. You could tell the history of Stock Car, follow the great pilots. Edgar Mello Filho, Ingo Hoffmann, etc.

This could be a good direction to make this game more attractive.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. YOUNG IL YOON

YOUNG IL YOON crossfieldz_ROK AMS2 Club Member

Screenshot_20221224_045556_Samsung Internet.png

Winter is coming...

• Like Like x 4
  11. Lucifer_sam

Something like the Senna campaign in GT6 or the History Mode in the Assetto Corsa Evoluzione mod would be amazing

• Like Like x 2
  12. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Reiza just posted a standard sale post but it gives us another look at the MP4/4 at least

• Like Like x 2
  13. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Deleted due to comment not being liked

Last edited: Dec 23, 2022
    • Dislike Dislike x 6
    • Funny Funny x 2
  14. donaldd

donaldd BANNED BANNED

Haha good one :D
    But thanks for the response /thumbsUp

15. Renan G Flores

Yeah, that Senna campaign in GT6 was nice.

Also, can we have the Lunar Rover and the Moon circuit in AMS2? :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. turtleCZ

turtleCZ Active Member

Or like GT7. The game is a trash but you can read so much about cars and history. I would like to see something similar for South American content because I've never heard about it. Some info can create complete beast from it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Renan G Flores

I need to know if there will be a paid DLC (Brazilian Motorsport Legends pt. 1) or if the McLaren will be a free addition. I'm saving for either AMS2 DLC or the Crash Bandicoot remastered Trilogy.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

upload_2022-12-23_22-15-51.gif

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

20. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

upload_2022-12-23_23-49-50.gif