1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 October 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 28, 2022.

1. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah was gonna find that thread again, yeah very lucky, cost me close to 9000AUD when I bought it

2. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

On mystical server somewhere deep in the Amazonian rain forest.

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm going to assume none of this is directed to me but to the guy you are quoting, since I've never said any of that.

Could you share a couple of open wheel combos where the AI works well for you? This is not a snarky request, but a sincere one. I also want to have great races against the AI...

• Like Like x 6
  4. YOUNG IL YOON

YOUNG IL YOON crossfieldz_ROK AMS2 Club Member

if we got time before any updates,
    we can try AMS2 MOD cars instead.
    drive mod tracks (mojave, california highway) with 992 or a110 is very nice.
    i hope reiza add tracks like these tracks someday

• Like Like x 5
  5. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

Nice^^* it’s been probably b4 years since I’ve been through the Mojave desert. That was my route from NorCal to Phoenix. I don’t recall any tunnel and any of the roads and there’s really only a few?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

Also, one thing they forgot to add are coyotes, you’d have seen a few at least and more then not, had one in your hood lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I always check my fuel when I load in and that usually tips me that the wrong setup is loaded. I'm used to it at this point, but it's a tricky one that can easily be missed by someone who isn't familiar or as plugged into the game as we are. Hopefully it's fixed sooner than later.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Basically yes, but got a new manual shifter so now I have the possibility to learn heel and toe.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Ivan Jurković

Ivan Jurković Member

I was thinking one thing regards to this issue. Now we have base AI which needs to work on many track/car combos so issues are expected (e.g. Non consistent speed on different track for the same AI difficulty). How about AI tuning like iRacing does: take single series and fine tune it for championship which are all ready set-up by reiza. Then you make anauncment that e. g. Stock Car 2021 is fine tuned and ready to run championship. Here I would expect balanced AI where I can use same difficulty for every track and had similar AI challenge.

• Agree Agree x 5
  10. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Which CPU do you have, out of curiosity?

11. jtortosen

jtortosen Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Well, I'm developer too, and I know about the hard work implies this type of projects but, simply don't post publicly anything if It means headaches and problems with the deadline.

Lot of people on reddit and on Internet are waiting the dev update because we don't know anything about the future, wich new brands are, wich future cars we wait for 2023 etc. Is simply hype as a gift on Christmas Eve.

I prefer a simple post saying that a development update is on the way, and maybe they finished for Christmas, than saying it will tomorrow and then nothing happens.

The dev update is the preface of next payed dlcs and 2023 future work, that's why we are here waiting for news, not just because its a simple dev update of a game. For some people like me, having a new car, new track, or more updates feels like I have new toy. We are adults, but motorsports for some of us are our toys and fun.

Don't get mad if there are people insisting heavily these dates, like me, we have no more gifts than seasonal updates of our favorite games. And possibly no one to spend these holidays with.

• Agree Agree x 15
    • Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
  12. Racinglegend1234

Saying soon rather than a date for a dev update could be better for the future maybe

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. AlexBfromG

AlexBfromG Well-Known Member

The old lesson still applies - dont believe in Reiza annoucements until they have delivered. Just looks particularly bad this time. And you can never tease things to friends cause in the end you look stupid yourself.

• Agree Agree x 6
  14. robillard3381

robillard3381 Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

There was a time when you bought a game and it stayed as it was, bug or no bug. Here we are lucky to have a game that has been followed for a long time, which continues to be updated without you needing to pay more (except DLC, but that's normal) and you still find the way to complain about a dev update announcement, not even a game update? Ok you paid for this game. But this new content you will get it no matter what. And if it's a few days late, it won't cost you more.
    Ok there is a little hiccup, but as said several times, it's a self-imposed deadline. It's okay to miss it, you just have to wait a little bit to get the content, that is not asking too much!
    So let's give the devs a little rest during this Christmas weekend, they deserve it. Remember they are not robots, everyone has a life outside of work.

• Agree Agree x 21
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Question.
    What actual date is being debated, was promised.

16. Racinglegend1234

They said on twitter the dev update would be released on Friday. The. Friday came and nothing happened. On Saturday he said it will be released soon which could mean whenever so we have to wait and see

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

you have now attained wisdom...

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

Merry Christmas racing fans :)

• Like Like x 5
  19. Racinglegend1234

Thank you! I have tried to change for the greater good and it seems to have worked

• Like Like x 3
  20. donaldd

donaldd BANNED BANNED

Hey I get your point that the AI behaviour in good old NR2003 wasnt perfect - but the AI system in NR2003 was much more advanced than it sounds in your description.
    Editing your 2 mentioned ini files was only the rather mundane part of tweaking the AI behaviour.
    Because NR2003 allowed you to completely edit the whole "boundary" of the lines the AI bots would use in different situations.
    And this awareness was both car and (urgent) track dependent.
    Not the simple generalisated AI behaviour most other racing games than iRacing are offering today.
    This advanced "editing" of the AI behaviour could be launced by starting NR2003 up in a special test mode and then drive some "ideal" AI laps that when finishing the test session then would generate some special socalled .lp files.
    Specific for the car and track combo.
    Check the description here of what all these .lp files would control conserning AI behaviour.

LP files
    Track-specific LP files are required for each track.
    race.lp (this determines the preferred racing line and SPEED of AI cars)
    raceline.lp (visual racing line, if switched on by pressing 'R')
    minrace.lp (right side boundary of racing line on CCW tracks)
    maxrace.lp (left side boundary of racing line on CCW tracks)
    minpanic.lp
    maxpanic.lp
    limp.lp
    pit0.lp
    minpit0.lp
    maxpit0.lp
    pit1.lp
    minpit1.lp
    maxpit1.lp
    .lp files tutorial

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2