Automobilista 2 October 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 28, 2022.

1. JERACERX

JERACERX Member AMS2 Club Member

The Sauber C9 didn't exist in 1985, that's a Suaber C7 running a Chevy V8, no clue why is says C9 on the windshield tho

• Informative Informative x 3
  2. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

I wonder why no game I've ever heard of has the Mercedes-Sauber C11, it might not had won Le Mans like the C9 but it was successful too.

3. Scottsparkrider

Scottsparkrider Member

For me the game lives or dies by the success of multiplayer. They need to fix issues around this. LFM were looking at AMS2 to develop an online system but backed away. RF2 is now getting the benefit of the LFM system, which could be very costly to AMS2's success. Reiza should give this top priority above new unpromised content.

• Agree Agree x 16
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The issue is that AMS2 MP is p2p, therefore Reiza would have to rebuild the network code from the ground up. From the october update we can make the inference they are pushing for improvements on the p2p, instead of starting to build the server-client code.

For this reason, I don't believe AMS2 is in position to surf the LFM wave in the short or even mid term, so don't hang into that hope.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Congratulations!! you are the 1 millionth person to make a this comment. Your free gift is in the mail!

And since you said it, Reiza will now completely change their MP and AMS2 will be added to LFM in the next week or so.

• Funny x 16
    • Disagree x 3
    • Dislike x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Creative x 1
  6. Cheesenium

Cheesenium Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Sorry to say, maybe for you but it doesn't mean everyone who bought the game played multiplayer. I never launched multiplayer and never will.

Racing games is one of the worst genres for multiplayer because of the inherit nature of messy race starts.

Please keep it civil. Thanks.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That is me being civil...

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Paulo Frazao

Paulo Frazao Member AMS2 Club Member

So and how Reiza will make money in the future? When they don't do official races with some sponsoring or broadcast they will no longer exist.....do you know how AMS1 was so long a good game? AMS1 had a very good Multiplayer for the age of the Engine they used for the game base. So many leagues around the World used AMS1 when other game's came out like AC or ACC.....so when you said Singelplayer is the way to go for you its ok, but respect the fact that MP is a key of success for any game ( for example Iracing, ACC and RF2 with LFM). and with the massive content of AMS2 this game has a lot fun to give for every league and player's out there.....i remember you that many leagues don't exist anymore this because of the unfriendly MP that AMS2 had.....at the end of the day we all want to have fun one with Singelplayer and the other with Multiplayer....

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

If Reiza ever puts Nascar in AMS2 I wonder if we'll see real life overtakes like this in online races: :)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

And people complain about wall riding in forza horizon, it seems it's nothing but realistic haha.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

LAP INVALIDATED BY RACE DIRECTOR :D

• Funny Funny x 6
  12. Cheesenium

By making a good game?

Why the hell every damn game has to be multiplayer to be profitable? If thats the case, why not add paid skins, microtransactions and so on if profit is such a major concern?

Heck, if you only want profit, why even make a niche racing with very niche series in the first place?

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

I mean, I don't really know Renato oder anyone at Reiza but I doubt they would be good at making the next Call of Duty killer or something :D
    They love racing and put their heart and soul into this because they want AMS2 to be the best they can make it and succeed with it.

Now not every game has to be multiplayer to be profitable as shown by a few of Sonys big IPs for example (God of War, Last of Us, Horizon) but the racing sim genre is very different to those games because as it is trying to simulate reality to a degree, you will want to race other people as that is what is done in real life racing as well. Multiplayer might not matter to you or to me but to a lot of people it is very important to have in a racing sim. So by making a racing sim single-player only, you just lock out a big part of potential customers, while you are in a small niche of gaming already.

Not saying AMS2 doesn't have a multiplayer though, the current system is perfect for quickly setting up a race with a few friends, but others have already mentioned the problems for things like league racing.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  14. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

LOL, this is insane. Imagine every driver doing it next time on the last lap, surely it's gonna be banned. Gran Turismo style racing, still do it on Tokyo Highway on GT7.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Cheesenium

I do not know what is Reiza's plan with this but being part of 2 WMDs for Pcars, this is not an issue that they can fix soon. If not ever.

Reiza has been doing an incredible job with the Madness engine so far, particularly with AMDM damage model, significant handling refinement and the LSD issue. I do not know if they can fix MP but I won't hold my breath for it. It is a significant amount of work to do.

16. neal

neal Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

imo it is not suitable for league racing as it is not just the mp code that is a problem. The replay system is hopeless for league racing. I'd hate to be a race steward and have to use their replay system to judge race incidents. Plus the setup screens don't facilitate multiple incremental setup development in the way rF2 does/did, not sure what it is like since the new interface but it was excellent originally letting you save and select lots of different setups and even compare them to see what was changed.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Todd Norbury

Todd Norbury norbs AMS2 Club Member

All this BS about it cant be used for leagues.

I have been racing with Gravel Trap Legends for 18 months and some days we have 30 people racing. Are there wrinkles, some days. But by jesus it has been a fun ride so far.

Sighs - Disclaimer, I am a Reiza employee.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Gdude66

Gdude66 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I trust Renato’s judgement more than your one eyed view. I have found the coder to be a reasonable and approachable person. I am a member of his Discord.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Scottsparkrider

Scottsparkrider Member

I never said I was original :)
    I don't spend much time on forums because of busy life, full time job, kids etc so apologies if repeating the point. I guess if it is the millionth time someone has said it then there must be something in it. Enlighten me, what is being done, if anything, to resolve?

• Like Like x 3
  20. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

They will bring an update to make MP better, but they haven’t said anything about changing the system completely. They might first develop the physics to a certain point and then start thinking about revamping things. This is a big project and fixing physics is their priority right now. They maybe need to hire a coder or wait. I believe in their capabilities to make MP the best, but currently it doesn’t look like it is highest on their priority list.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1