1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 October 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 28, 2022.

1. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I would definetly put Porsche on the same pedigree as Ferrari, but yeah Ferrari is synonymous with racing.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Would love to see the Toyotas, being a fan of them, but I assume they must be one of the most difficult (expensive) to get the licence.

3. Brainbug

Brainbug Inside Virtual Reality AMS2 Club Member

I don’t think so. You know his opinion about racing-sims, don’t u? ;)

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

How do you define 'prestige'? Ferrari has tons of racing history but other brands do as well. To say they're the only prestige brand is a bit exaggerated in my view.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. ricxx

The statement you're referring to was a misunderstanding. He wasn't talking about sim racing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Laulenture

Laulenture The me of sim racing AMS2 Club Member

Yeah he hates sim racing so much he licensed multiple cars to Kunos and his new hypercar to modders to show them who's the boss ahah

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

As seen by the general public.

Take a sample of random people and ask them to name one famous sports car brand. I'd guess Ferrari would be, by far, the most named one. This is prestige.

Obviously Porsche, Mercedes and friends are prestigious, but Ferrari (for whatever reason) seems to be one or two steps above all the rest.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

If I understood it right modders actually paid for this license?
    Thats my tought too.

9. Laulenture

Also if I'm not mistaken the Vanwall LMH is made by ByKolles who's also modder friendly having helped Advanced Simulation Modding Group with their CLM P1/01 so it might be another fairly "easy" hypercar to get for AMS2.

10. Turbo Granny

I have too agree with you, just looking at the Ferrari 499p reveal compared to the others you see people pay much more attention to it, maybe the brand that gets close in recognition is Porsche.

11. Laulenture

The URD SCG 007 is a "Licensed hypercar from Scuderia Glickenhaus", idk if they paid anything but Glickenhaus was on board that's for certain.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. ricxx

Would be an interesting experiment but I'm pretty sure if you do that a few times you'll get very different results.
    Anyways, I'm not arguing that Ferrari isn't a special and prestigious brand, but in my view at least prestige does also come with success, especially in motorsport, not just with what the public thinks. If the public one day decides Ferrari is uncool, the success remains.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

I'd rather more generically named things that we can modify like the SuperV8 and more of the less well known racecars of the world for 2 main reasons...

1. All of those big brands cost a lot of money and have tried and succeeded in having other restrictions in their licensing deals as well...

2. AMS2 already contains some of the weird and wonderful as well some of the saturated GT classes and modern F1s... More cars that aren't in other sims would give AMS2 a much better selling point than another GTE Ferrari...

That said I'd be all over a LMDh DLC...

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

WEC licensing deal maybe?

15. ricxx

Tbf, every single car that has been revealed so far has got a lot of attention. The special thing about Ferrari is, besides being a big name, that they saw an opportunity and decided they'll be back fighting for overall wins at Le Mans after 50 years exactly, in the 100th 24h of Le Mans.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. ricxx

Motorsport Games are holding the WEC license. Whether or not they'll do something with it, idk. Imo it's wasted with them.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Turbo Granny

I mean, maybe for us that already follow automobilism in general more, we already are interested and see alot of news about it, but for everyone else maybe that 499p launch was the first time many people even heard about WEC or LMH and LMDh. I might be wrong of course.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Turbo Granny

I also couldnt care less about a Ferrari GTE, but I'm sure many people would.
    I wouldnt hate having it anyway, but sure as hell I would preffer to have Ford GT GTE before that.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  19. Laulenture

I agree, the promised WEC game will most likely never come out, the license is probably just being used for cars and track for rF2 just like the BTCC license.

I would kill someone for the Ford GT GTE, I personally would love to get the 488 GTE too since it's my second favorite GTE car (guess the first)

Last edited: Nov 2, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Maybe in Germany.

For the rest of the world, if we averaged the results, I'd bet Ferrari would stay on top with a large margin.

Anyway, this discussion is as useless as the constant one where people ask for more content. Just wanted to say that if there is one brand that should be in the game, it has to be Ferrari.