1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 October 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 28, 2022.

1. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

2. JayBee

JayBee Active Member

I personally suspect recent MP discontent is because people got excited by LFM support. In the LFM discord the AMS2 votes were double R-Factor 2, there was plenty of appetite. Boris of LFM started the development and couldn't make it work with the architecture of the Madness Engine MP. Too much server desynchronisation was one issue I remember, likely because LFM players are distributed globally. So when LFM switched to RF2, thats when I noticed all the MP chats spring up in here. I say 'all', it seems like a lot, but it may not be many actual people.

R-Factor's BTCC content, cars + tracks are quite expensive. Yet, the concurrent R-Factor users has gone up approx 30%. I personally would speculate that it's because of the LFM support, whether it will remain higher will be interesting as if it did, it would form a business case for client/server architecture dev cost vs business value. If not and it drops back down, then it was likely a spike purely from people wanting BTCC content and the evidence would suggest the effort not work it. Will be interesting to see regardless.

EDIT: Got the numbers here btw:

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Don’t think it means SMS is completely gone, but this means they will not use the Madness anymore. Maybe this could lead to Reiza renegotiating their Leasing of the engine to being able to do what they want with it or just buy the engine rights. If this happens, it could hopefully mean AMS2 can have modded tracks and a better MP system. We just need to give them more money

• Optimistic Optimistic x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Mhad

Mhad Active Member AMS2 Club Member

There are lots of things that could improve the MP experience.
    Trying to find a decent lobby is difficult. Although there is some variability, GT3 in good weather is always the most full lobby. - It would be great if there were some organised races that showcases the variety of tracks, cars, and environments that AMS2 shines in.

Is the lobby ranked or unranked, does it even matter? You get into a lobby and you have to find out if there is damage, is there tyre wear, is there fixed set up, are the cars ghosting in qualy? - It would be great if people could host dedicated ranked servers that conformed so some rules about race length and realism settings. This would provide a consistent ranked approach.

The race finished and the lobby host migrates, the new person doesn't realise they're the host so everyone slowly leave or they don't want to choose and everyone leaves. You then have to go find another lobby with another random set of conditions.

Yes, you can have some good races. However outside of leagues, they are few and far between. With the current numbers on MP, 1 or 2 Raiza dedicated lobbies with decent realism settings and track rotation would be a great small addition.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Let’s see what the plans are on RF2 on November 10th which is MSG’s quarterly call

• Like Like x 2
  6. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Sure.

You can pay now for 92,23 euros for rFactor 2 2022 DLC (Q1,2,3,4), getting 10 cars and 9 tracks

OR

You could have paid ca 45 euros (50% discount a week ago) for AMS2 all inclusive DLC, getting 11 cars, 24 tracks today + ca 10 or more cars and ca 6+ traks in the future.

Sounds like a real bummer deal for AMS2 to pay half the price for much more amount of content + unknown content to come in the future.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I dont think people would have migrated automatically from Pcars to Ams, one had a big publisher doing the marketing, the other is an indie developer. Many people that played the former are propbably not super hardcore sim players in part due to that marketing push that pcars had. There must be a lot of people that played Pcars that dont know Ams2 exists.

The game needs a big marketing push to attract new players, but I would first get everything as tidy and complete as possible before doing that investment, so the marketing sticks and the game retains the players.

• Like Like x 2
  9. nito-ibz

nito-ibz Active Member

With an offer yes, but without an offer it is €90 and only Reiza knows what the season pass contains and when it will be released. There are many unknowns that can affect the perception of potential buyers. I have the season pass and at the moment I am disappointed in How are things going

10. Mazdaspeed

Double post, sorry not too experienced with this.

11. Mazdaspeed

• Like Like x 1
  12. Lele

Lele New Member

Pcars2 is still the best simulation available on previous videogame generations because acc there sucks and it's locked up only gt3 / GT4 mostly.
    I have a friend that has PS4 and a Logitech wheel and be still have a lot of fun on it.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

We do know the content, its all listed there

A New track

some classic tracks

Extreme pack with rallycross and maybe bajas

Brazilian legends pack

supercars

and racing usa part 3

but you are right about the lack of release date thought

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

At this point in late 2022 that list seems very vague with no actual car or track names and I´d be annoyed if I had paid full price for the season pass on day one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

and again!!!
    Assets are not the problem.
    Its the license for every car and track, thats much more expensive.
    And that cannot be sold by EA.
    But hopefully, they can get the source ccode of the engine and the license to make changes. That would be a great deal.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. nito-ibz

nito-ibz Active Member

A New track (which?)

some classic tracks (how many and which ones?)

Extreme pack with rallycross and maybe bajas (in the description there is no mention of rallycross or bajas ... you are speculating)

Brazilian legends pack (how many and which ones?)

supercars (how many and which ones?)

and racing usa part 3
    I insist, very ambiguous descriptions for a product that was put up for sale more than two years ago.
    there is no greater blind than the one who does not want to see

• Like Like x 2
  17. Dolph

How things are going, maybe. But not the value, which was my point.

18. Dolph

Yet, no developer announces their season pass content or future DLC in such detail in advance as Reiza have done. You fail to see this in context.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. nicka117

nicka117 Member AMS2 Club Member

Just out of curiosity it would be cool to know what historical tracks are coming. I love that stuff!

20. nito-ibz

nito-ibz Active Member

Perhaps on day one of the launch it was a milestone to announce all the content (in a very vague way) of the season pass, but in the current context after so long, I as owner am quite confused about why this lack of specific information about of the content. I don't care so much about the continuous delays, I've gotten used to them.
    We are facing a second extension of the season pass... many people would have appreciated that with the first extension (as an apology or to keep people's interest) the study gave specific data about the content but it was not like that .We have had to wait until the last days of October for Renato to say that they cannot meet the deadlines (end of 2022) once again and that they will give us information about it in the future. as someone who bought the season pass in april 2020 i am quite disappointed