1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 October 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 28, 2022.

1. TrigMan59

TrigMan59 Active Member

Any news on when the next public release of AMS2 will happen? Some folks here had said over last weekend, but that didn’t happen. Thanks.

2. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

Yes, I think they are also considering it can only go up and not the self implode scenario. This is why I avoid the stock market in general as you really need to have inside info and a good grasp of the sector and products to invest wisely.

There is also the possibility the company will die very slowly or that the licences revert back to another buyer/owner so I wouldn´t bank on them being available soon. Motorsport Network will want them as assets and it is probably more likely they will be seen in Rfactor 2 or a spin off from that game than in the hands of the competition.

3. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

They run into issues which lead to it being delayed. We don’t currently have any news on when IMS is released in the RC or when the official release is done.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Twitter losing billions + workers
    Amazon losing billings + workers
    Netflix going down too
    Disney soon
    Maybe Motorsport soon
    etc etc

Good times coming ahead. No joke. Back to common sense, lol.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  5. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

And MSG share price actually went up for a while earlier today - bonkers.

6. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

20221115_122843.jpg

They tried to do a reverse split (buying back stocks) to boost their prices right before the deadline of Nov 10th, right before the earnings call, but it only got them from $6-8 dollars.

For context, they listed at $30 originally.

7. Chip

Chip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Any of you planning to tune into the Motorsport Game's earnings call on Friday (November 18th)? It should be pretty entertaining...even if the entertainment results from them not discussing the mass resignations, delisting from NASDAQ, and lack of funding. I'm bringing popcorn and will be day-dreaming of Reiza securing the official IndyCar license. Although, as much as I love AMS2/Reiza, and truly believe they are being run very effectively and efficiently, I don't think they have the revenue/cash to support such an acquisition. Unless of course IndyCar fell in love with Reiza/AMS2's potential in the same way many of us have.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Chip

Where was this posted originally? Just curious.

9. JayBee

JayBee Active Member

I'm not sure how a small studio like Reiza could afford to buy the license AND support TWO games. They'd have to virtually shelve AMS2.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Reiza is not planning on developing a game. Just have the license for the cars inside AMS2 and probably non-exclusive. So that will cost far less.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Where will I be able to watch or listen to the call?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

Don´t waste your time, it´s all vetted and scripted beforehand. They publish a transcript afterwards so just read that and don´t spoil your Friday night!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

If so why wait?

14. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Because if you drop a "generic" car which really seems like the actual one you may upset the IP owner and they could refuse to deal with you for the real license. Very simple.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The q&a at the end usually isn't but I want to read the transcript for sure. I have to see how they try and frame this

16. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

This so called license with INDYCAR was at the 11th hour of releasing it. Reiza has many cars they cloned and called them something different. Once and if (too much )they get the license they can add a proper championship, career etc. Who really knows, all speculation at this time ‍♂️

17. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

• Like Like x 1
  18. Chip

Thanks for the posting that! And for those that want to hear the BS live:
    Third Quarter 2022 Earnings Call | Motorsport Games
    The call may also be accessed by dialing 1 (877) 407-0784 from the U.S., or by dialing 1 (201) 689-8560 internationally.

And to echo what was said above, I don't believe the IndyCar license would be exclusive to Reiza, and I certainly don't think they would make a standalone IndyCar game, but rather they would have the freedom to use IndyCar content officially, which would still be great! Besides being better for immersion, perhaps this also comes with sharing of data to help create a more true-to-form virtual driving experience.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

I don’t think INDYCAR is very interested in iracing to have it, not after the debacle between Newgarden and IRacing’s Eric Hudec when Newgarden talked about the tire model. This all was before Penske became owner of INDYCAR

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

It's also worth noting that Dallara owns the IP as well... So it's not just Indycar, but Dallara whose toes could get stepped on by a generic 2022 indycar... Unlike F1s many manufacturers, there are just 2 entities to keep track of with Indycar in terms of cars...

Dallara doesn't sound like a big name in motorsports to some, but there's some very interesting cars that a licence with them could encourage... Including over 20 years of Indycars and some prototypes to help fill those fields...

• Like Like x 1