1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 October 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 28, 2022.

1. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

An update on DLC plans for all items of the 2020-2022 Season Pass & Premium Expansion Packs that remain to be fulfilled - we are pushing to deliver these items before the end of the year:

• Nurburgring Historic 1971 (part of Nurburgring DLC)
    • Supercars Pt1 featuring 3 road Supercars
    • Brazilian Racing Legends Pt1 featuring 6 historical Grand Prix cars
    • Historic Track Pack Pt1 featuring 3 historical tracks (all versions of non-DLC modern tracks already in the game)
    Pricing for each pack is estimated at US$ 9.99 / 9.99€ / R$ 39,99; specifics about the contents of each pack will be announced with previews in the December Dev Update over the coming weeks. All items are well into their production schedule and are expected to be released simultaneously before the end of 2022.

Please note that while all above packages should eventually receive a Pt2 and potentially Pt3, those would not be a part of the existing 2020-2022 Season Pass or the Premium Expansion Packs.

The one item from the 2020-2022 Season Pass & Premium Expansion Packs that will remain to be fulfilled in 2023 is the Adrenaline Pack - it´s quite a sizeable DLC with many dedicaated features that are demanding a bit more time from us to be properly executed. We expect to have it out before end of Q1 2023 - despite the 2023 release, this will naturally still be delivered to all owners of the 2020-2022 Season Pass / Premium Expansion Packs at no additional charge. As a standalone, the Adrenaline Pack pricing is projected at US$ 19.99 / 19.99€ / R$ 79,99 .

Furthermore, 2020-2022 Season Pass owners will also receive a 6th Premium Track DLC in 2023 - that however will not be included in the Premium Track Pack.

2020-2022 Season Pass / Premium Expansion Packs / Racin´ USA Full Pack owners will also receve a bonus part of Racin´ USA in 2023 free of additional charge.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2022
    • Like x 42
    • Winner x 27
    • Informative x 14
    • Optimistic x 2
    • Funny x 1
  2. AdrianJ

AdrianJ Active Member

Brill !
    Looking forward to this
    The historic content in ams2 is top notch & it’s imo going to be taking the title for the No.1 go-to for historic content racing sim

the leagues will come here for sure

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

@Renato Simioni
    Thanks, that´s what I was looking for. Just to clarify, USA part 4 is going to be included in the current USA, expansion and season packs too, isn´t it?

4. Maddin71287

Maddin71287 Member

Yes, December will be hot this year :)
    Really looking forward for all this stuff to come.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Mhad

Mhad Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Let's start the speculation... I think Monaco, Suzuka, and Brands Hatch.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

We already have Kansai Classic which corresponds to Suzuka 1991, and I think any older versions like 1976 are less likely. So I don't think we'll get any additional Suzuka version.

• The 1988/1991 versions of Monaco and Estoril are very likely, since Reiza has given hints about these on Twitter.
    • My guess is that the 3rd track is Jerez 1988/1991. It fits nicely as a pack together with Monaco and Estoril.

Brands Hatch is also possible, but less likely because it was not in the F1 calendar in 1988/1991. So I think Brands Hatch fits better to release in a later Historic Track Pack #2

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. lion9zion

lion9zion Member

Now this is something :whistle: old Nurburgring, old GP cars, 3 more historic tracks, I am happy :hurrayreiza: thank you and look forward for december!

Last edited: Nov 23, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Hype train time?

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Disregard my Jerez guess, it's more likely to be Kyalami 1992:

In other words: Monaco, Estoril, and Kyalami from the 1988-1992 years.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Sounds good, Christmas with Reiza will be lit. The BRL pack will be good fun and the Historic track pack is what I'm drooling over...

However, I do have one question. Is the supercar pack 3 cars, or 3 brands of car?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Really appreciate that update thank you! As I'm mainly here for the historic content, I can't wait!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Dylan Hale

What are the major differences of Monaco of those years? I've always assumed Monaco hasn't really changed much over the years.

13. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The chicane after the tunnel used to be much faster and the tunnel used to be shorter, the entire swimming pool complex was built in the 70s, the final complex used to just be one tight hairpin, there used to be actual sidewalks on both sides of the street. Tabac and Saint Devote have changed shape over the years. Also the pits have changed place multiple times.

• Informative Informative x 3
  14. Apex

Apex Active Member

I'd say some of the most radical changes came in 1973 when the pit lane was moved and the final corner was extended. I believe the tunnel was completely rebuilt as well.

Monte Carlo

• Like Like x 1
  15. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Oh man, I would love old Estoril. The current one without the chicane is one of my top tracks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

How about Racin' USA pt4 and premium track #6? Will those be included as part of season pass 2020-2022?
    It would be a good idea to post this info in the Steam forums as well as update Steam store pages for DLC packs since I often see people asking questions about the contents of each DLC.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Apex

Apex Active Member

I'd rather have some more '70s stuff, but hey, that's just me being me. And with Nurburgring Historic 1971 coming up I shan't complain. I mean that alone is plenty reason enough to quit your job and file for divorce.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Hope for a Uk pack in 2023 someday <3

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Dylan Hale

Oh yea, Racing USA encore edition! That's still part of this pass too yeah?

20. Pales

Pales Member

Great to see further innovation for the AI following the most recent update again but none of that really matters at the moment when they cannot even stay on track.

They're really overdue a physics overhaul as well, this unnecessary weaving and robotic type behaviour where they just suddenly snap onto the racing spline really, really kills the immersion. If this can be rectified, it would be an absolute game changer. We need more fluidity for the AI, they're so unrealistic in motion from what I can only assume is due to a very, very basic physics model that is applied to them.