1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 October 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 28, 2022.

1. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That is... a really good idea :eek:

I meant to ask this before, but I always forget: if real weather is set, does it mean it only uses 1 weather slot?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mhad

Mhad Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't know the frequency of the weather data but it progresses with the time. So to get more variance I just increase the time progression.

It feels like there are more weather changes than every hour, but not sure.

3. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

I hope AMS2 is coming out with a fictional track pack in the future. I would pay $20 for Bannochbrae track alone!! LOL.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Or maybe they can add a integrated track and car maker so we have “mods”. They can add a way for people to share them together

5. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Talking about fictional tracks: we need Mendig in AMS2, I really miss this awesome track.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

I'd much rather Reiza pay for a change in the Madness Licence so they can support mods in AMS2...

I'd even pay for it as a DLC or as a crowdfund...

Leave the fictional tracks to the amateurs and let the experts spend their time recreating the great real world tracks... As much as they can be fun, anything that takes Reiza track team away from adding real tracks, historical versions or track related fixes is a hard no from me...

• Agree Agree x 10
  7. Łukasz Łażewski

Łukasz Łażewski Member AMS2 Club Member

Until development of the game i suggest not waiting for mod enabling. It's due to licenses. Like why they withdrawn f-USA 2022. If the game would be mod enabled there wouldn't be any new content due to licenses that the modders are creating content without license. Personally I don't like mods, becouse now I have all of the content I one quality rather than in ac. Hours downloading of mods where some works as masterpiece some not. Some of the tracks are lidar and scanned and some have quality of gtr1. I know I don't have to download but when leagues use it you are somehow forced to it (yes I know I don't have to race then). But somehow I want 3 tracks from reiza rather than downloading from 7 pages different content to race a track where the wall hit is crashing game.

But this is my statement about my opinion. And fact is that that until all of the licensed content is done you will not see mod enabled in my opinion

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  8. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

That has never stopped other titles from getting more licences even the hard to get ones like Ferrari... There's over a decade of evidence that shows this is false...

Mods are just like games... Either you trust the developer like Reiza or you don't like SMS... SMS is the perfect example of why allowing mods are better than not allowing mods...

Both pCARS titles were poorly produced and shoved out the door with so many cars barely close to their real life couterparts and in such a poor state that I personally believe most of the modding community for any sim could of done a better job... Even those with low quality graphics have done far better jobs in the physics department... Largely to the ease of modding in other sims..

Now Reiza will eventually work their magic on all areas of AMS2 and there's nothing to stop them other than their licence for the Madness engine when it comes to supporting and enabling mods...

All of these wishlist threads could be no longer pipe dreams but reality if modding was supported... And Reiza will still pump out their top quality DLC's on top of what the modding community adds...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  9. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Allowing mods that do not pay licenses while the sim is still under development is not wise because what modders do is undercut the developer, reducing their chances of selling the same content as paid. It's good for dead sims like AC and sandbox sims like RF2 where it is clear that the sim is stale and there will be very limited official content due to the pace of content introduction being very slow.
    Official mod teams with true licenses is a different matter: in that case IMHO developers could host them officially in the game but they should get a percentage because they keep developing the game in favor also of the modders, so they should get a small cut from the mod revenues.

• Agree Agree x 7
  10. Łukasz Łażewski

Yes, but it's idea closer to DCS: World or MSFS 2020 about official modders rather than AC way of modding.

11. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

BTW
    Mendig isn't complertely fictional.
    The airfield exists IRL, had some local races (in the '80ies i think) and still is testing ground for some automotive magazins.
    But right, Bergschleife and lange Schleife are not used for races (officially)... :D

Ahhhh, and it's not so far away from the "green hell" ;)

12. Racinglegend1234

Can we get the Top gear test track maybe?

13. Łukasz Łażewski

I think too big license fees for hot laps only track, fun for like 30 min?

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes that last point is how reiza could sell licensed content as rF2 dlc

15. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Not sure it would work outside of practice sessions since it's technically a figure 8.

Edit: My phone has a bug where the under-screen fingerprint occasionally types letters on its own... hence the "L" I removed.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Racinglegend1234

Fun circuit with the realistic crash model :). Sim version of Wreckfest

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Imo it would work great for public online lobbies. :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The Holy Spicy Cheese.png

19. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Renato, what would I have to do to convince you into giving us a GT Open BOPed Mclaren F1 GTR. (The short tailed, currently street variant)

That car has the best engine note in the whole damn game, and the H Pattern makes it so much more engaging over the GT1 version. I absolutely NEED this in my life...

I've been avoiding the streetcars from poor first impressions on older builds, but now, after 1.4, I can't stop listening to that V12 Howl, Please, send help...

20. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5