1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 October 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 28, 2022.

1. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

If you would have kept reading Renato very clearly says Pt2 and if there is a Pt3 to the packs annouced would not be included in the season pass.

Renato said in the same post you quoted

"Please note that while all above packages should eventually receive a Pt2 and potentially Pt3, those would not be a part of the existing 2020-2022 Season Pass or the Premium Expansion Packs."

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Amazing how people feel deceived yet they don't even spend the time to make the math and find out how much the season is per item... Probably $2 per car or track or thereabout. I wonder which developer will give away such stuff in a modern sim for less...

• Agree Agree x 16
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

Fair enough, thanks for correcting me, will remove my prior then since his original point is absolutely valid.

4. Troodon

Troodon Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I'll have to give a thumbs up for the Racing Life app here in the context of the career mode discussion.

It's not flashy and it requires some "work" on the player's part, but it gives you a starting point with several options. It gives you progression and continuity. It gives you multiple series to pick from within the limits of your money and past success. It gives you reasons to place higher and it makes you try out car/track combinations that you never would've touched otherwise. It has also taught me not to dismiss a car if your first race with it felt bad to drive.

For me the app has definitely been worth trying, and I'd probably be content with something similar but further developed as the AMS2 career mode. It could deduct repair costs, track extensive statistics, have career leaderboards of some sort, set up the races for you and who knows what else when it's a part of the game instead of a separate app.

What does the median player look for in the career mode? Are the points above more or less important than the series having the official names, drivers and all the cars that run in the series? I suppose ideally you'd have both, but I think we're talking a lot of money and work hours at that point.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

The reason that all of those titles I listed are more for casual experiences is because that is what the SP market is... The casual racing experience...

That in itself brings about something which a focus too far on SP could bring, feedback from people who prefer a driving experience of a Gran Tourismo where they can wallride and have fun over a simulation that punishes you for mistakes...

Whilst there is noise for a career mode here, AMS2's market base is small, focussed heavily on Brazilian series and a lot of Brazilian motorsport fans are completely unaware of it's existence... It's not about getting the people who want a career mode back, they are mostly still here making noise... It's about getting the sim racing community at large to take AMS2 seriously...

I'm not saying this out of a bias towards MP, as I do spend a lot of time in SP environments when the car and track are tuned right they can be a lot of fun and I enjoy tweaking the AI...

The underlying reason I will always take a MP league race far more seriously is because the AI can always be gamed and accounted for and isn't experiencing what I am experiencing because of the complexities of computing the physics is far too much for any current PC if the AI was on the same physics... Where as long as the set up bug isn't present, against human drivers it's all even... Plus if I'm headed for a crash I never care about the AI's feelings... Which brings me further into the casual experience where I can pause to chase the cat if I need to...

My point also isn't that Reiza should drop all SP improvements going forwards to focus only on MP... My point is to get the MP experience to the point where it's bad press doesn't negate anything positive that other features could bring...

And that doing so would be a HUGE boon for the SP side of the game as Reiza not only get more revenue to continue development but a huge influx of happy sim racers to encourage further development of all aspects of AMS2...

Focus too much on SP without a big name series and that boon will not exist... Because the word of mouth about it's MP will always outweigh it...

We are seeing right now that driving experience matters little if the MP experience isn't there... And if the physics are complicated enough for that driving experience, calibrating the AI is a huge task in itself which needs to be done before a career mode can be launched smoothly...

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. turtleCZ

turtleCZ Active Member

Exactly, it feels like a miracle. And still some people think it's expensive. :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

they haven’t heard of Iracing then

• Agree Agree x 5
  8. turtleCZ

turtleCZ Active Member

I think all games are much more expensive. Current AMS2 content is amazing for the price and more content is on the way. And we have historic version of tracks with amazing quality.

• Agree Agree x 11
  9. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

I think AMS2 DLC prices are down there among the least expensive, where AC DLC was back in the day.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Offtopic

[​IMG]

¿Qué mirá, bobo?

Even as a brazilian I just cannot not root for this guy today.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
  11. spikerjack

spikerjack Member

I am a doctor, I work 50 hours per week with shifts (on average), I simply don’t have time to wait for iRacing or LFM to connect, do all the stuff, practice, qualy and crash on lap 1 cause of a novice running on me. I would love to simulate short race, like mini GP with a solid AI, do not leave my entire rent for it and have fun. That’s what I love about reiza, they are the only company that still care at us. Now the AI is not perfect but we’re getting there by the minute literally. ACC MP would be great but again, who’s got the time to find out if a negative toe approach on a R8 evo II works as well as a porsche 991 at Kyalami…. And i’m sick and tired of those casual servers where you get crashed out by some random gamers in 0.5 seconds… I know I represent a niche over a niche but it is nice to know that someone still cares about SP. AC is nice for Hotlapping, but that’s it

• Like Like x 13
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  12. Bizarre Formula

After finding out last night that following 'parts' are not going to be included I must say I am starting to feel worried too.

I don't know what you guys paid for the DLC but it cost me £80 which is nearly $100 even with the pound as weak as it is right now, it normally would be closer to $125. To be clear, as of this moment, all that we have for that are the cars and tracks from USA pack and some of the tracks from the premium track pack.

Considering that my investment in the SP was mainly for the extreme pack and the road cars, my satisfaction, after (seemingly) the majority of the time has been spent on the USA pack, will depend on how large the other packs are. Extreme pack should contain just as much content.

The full USA pack is £30 and comes with 9 tracks and 22 cars (unless I forgot something) working out as £1 for each item, though the tracks are available for free in online play, which is a great thing, but also somewhat diminishes the perceived value for online only players. As you say, that is great value as long as the other packs are the same scale, which we have no idea of yet. However I was told just last night that road cars pack is only 3 cars.

At point of sale we had no idea which packs would get what and if the majority of the value comes in the form of USA content and oval rules, I wouldn't have paid £80.

I'm still open to being surprised and not ready to spit my dummy out yet but I hope the other big packs will be the same size, otherwise the majority of my money went to the component of the SP I cared least about.

Last point is that making the decision to announce that the road cars pack is being split into 3 parts and calling them by the same name when they wont be included was a silly move that has understandably caused confusion and irritated some. The way to avoid that would have been to release the SP content first and THEN announce a new pack called something different, rather than part 2 and 3 etc.

Ready for the downvotes but I think it is a little unfair to pretend that there is no good reason for people to feel agrieved at this point in time. I am still hoping that Christmas is going to yield loads of great surprises and we will all be happy. Regardless, if my money went to support the development, I don't regret it.

• Like Like x 1
  13. AlexBfromG

AlexBfromG Well-Known Member

Didnt buy the SP, but i pointed it alot of times that the SP started out as 20-21 and now is 20-23.
    And i dont see Reiza flodding the Store with DLCs now.

14. Ettore

I'm just saying that when you count how many tracks (with historic and alternate layouts) and cars are in the Season Pass it's a ridiculous amount.
    I would argue that if someone has a very specific interest and cares only about a very specific part of what was announced as part of SP probably it would have been a better choice to only buy that pack.
    SP is obviously for those who want a bit of everything not just one part of the whole thing...

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Bizarre Formula

Absolutely, I'm not suggesting I regret buying it, I love AMS2 and am happy to pay for it, I paid far more for R3E and have got far fewer hours out of it.

That being said, if the value is weighted predominantly towards the USA pack and the others are just a footnote, that would be an entirely different package from the one which many of us paid for.

I love the variety and race just about anything, but I was really excited for street cars and extreme, the Brazil pack too will be awesome. I just hope they will show the same level of care and work as the USA pack.

16. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Reiza, can we get an easter egg now in a Argentinian track?

17. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

I understand. I did not buy the Season Pass because some elements do not interest me at all: supercars (I only drive racing cars) and Brazilian legend cars (I personally find that there are already enough F1) These 2 DLCs are sold without a track, which gives me no interest.
    Despite everything, I find the price of the DLCs quite correct and I'll be ready to buy many more if I find it of interest.
    Reiza, please consider the historical versions of Long Beach (F1 and CART era).
    upload_2022-12-18_20-11-28.png

18. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

Being french, i would ask an easter egg for a next french premium track.
    Great match and congratulations Argentina

• Friendly Friendly x 4
  19. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

While I do think that there are valid points (waiting until after the season pass to reveal the other parts I think wouldve been the better move) I think we have to remember the amount of free content Reiza has given us. If it was another dev team I feel like stuff like the F-ultimate Gen 2, Corvette GTP and the Argentinan track pack would've been paid content. In a sim racing landscape where everything is locked behind paywalls its been refreshing to see a dev team actually putting out free content more than once a year.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Ettore

I agree: GrC, GT1, GT3 till now are all free.. Not sure there is any other devs releasing those for free

• Agree Agree x 1