1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 October 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 28, 2022.

1. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The problem with IndyCar was they focus 70-80% of their marketing on just the 500. If you watch previous documentaries on the series, they only focus on how the 500 turned out and don't care at all about the rest of the season. I guess the only close analog to this would be LeMans given how big it is in comparison to the rest of the WEC season, but it seems a bit of a shame that the series doesn't give enough attention to its other races. They had 4 drivers in contention for the championship in the last race, but their marketing basically turns off after May.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. JayBee

JayBee Active Member

tbh, I wouldn't wish a Christmas dev crunch on anyone.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. Racinglegend1234

Deleted

Last edited: Dec 21, 2022
  5. Racinglegend1234

6. DavidGossett

We'll see how it turns out. I thought their deal ended at the end of 2022... but maybe MSG is forcing its hand. If it is still MSG I doubt it'll be anything other than an officially branded RF2 event. I don't see a company mere months out from folding being able to produce any game.

I still have a sneaking suspicion that Renato and the gang have been up to something. His previous statement still seemed fairly positive that Reiza and IMS had something in the works.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Racinglegend1234

I also think it can’t be MSG. Feel like all companies don’t want to deal with them now and with the talks between Renato and Indycar happening. Let us wait and see

8. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The way I personally see it, the less we hear the better things are probably going. With how public Renato was with Indycar during the F-USA 22 "fiasco" if it fell through I'd expect him to let us know. He knows how positive he sounded, he knows how we interpreted what he said. I think things are going quite well between the two but that's just an uneducated guess.

9. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Considering all the absolutely stupid decisions Indycar has been making as of late, I 100% could see them sticking with MSG knowing full well they'll never get a game. Because then they don't have to deal with the emails from angry fans like me asking when are they going to make a officially licensed game...

Also, I don't think reiza would restrict Indycar from Iracing considering the state of Muiltiplayer at the moment. MSG absolutely would, considering they've done it with the 24 hours of LeMans

• Like Like x 1
  10. DavidGossett

Fair enough, which could tie into Renato's comments on the "license not getting sorted any time soon." All we can do is wait and see. IndyCar needs a win after the whole 2024 engine debacle. Let's hope they don't mess this up.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Racinglegend1234

Maybe they will also bring in multiplayer improvements

12. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

They probably have a spam filter for that, if I was them I know I would :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. Dylan Hale

Nah. You're talking about a whole engine rewrite from the ground up to do something like that, hints why it hasn't been done yet. Maybe in a couple of years, but to even get remotely close to Iracing or even Rfactor 2 when it works would be a Enormous undertaking. Remember, reiza studios only has 20-30 people.

14. Racinglegend1234

“Also, not for the next update but hopefully in the near future, we are evaluating some valuable improvements to multiplayer prediction code which should lead to a more reliable and smoother Multiplayer experience.”
    (By Renato in the dev update).

15. Dylan Hale

They absolutely need a win, because the transition from the 22 to 23 season has been the biggest, self inflicted, "**** the bed" moment in Motorsports history IMO.

From the schedule not changing
    To refusing to run high-speed ovals outside of Texas
    To the engine formula falling out
    To mounting the hybrid system into a the current engines, begging the question why we needed a new engine in the first place?
    To failing to secure a 3rd manufacturer
    To their partner for the video game being outed as fraudulent and declaring bankruptcy
    To sending a cease and desist to reiza over our generic indycar...
    To partnering with a garbage, cesspit of a woke media outlet to make a documentary about the indy 500 when the problem is all the races OUTSIDE of the indy 500...

The list goes on and on and on... Indycar can't make a good decision right now to save their life.

Oh yeah. Iowa tickets quadrupling in price... that also went over like a plate of fresh barf...

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Dylan Hale

Okay, but AMS 2's online issues go a lot deeper than net code improvements, especially of you want to take on Iracing... (which I still think would be a foolish and wasteful undertaking RN when the single-player sim space is utterly empty.)

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Racinglegend1234

I can’t comment on it because I’m a European with no knowledge of Indycar, but you seem to know what you talk about.

18. Racinglegend1234

Maybe AMS2 can be good of online and offline

19. Dylan Hale

I want reiza to get the indycar license, I really really do. Because they've proven themselves to be good stewards of the sport. But Indycar themselves has made so many bad decisions as of late, I can't see them having the common sense to take the license away from MSG (undoubtedly spending millions of dollars to get it away from them)... let alone then giving it to a tiny yet passionate studio from Brazil...

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Racinglegend1234

GIVE IT TO REIZA!

• Agree Agree x 2