1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Paddock Club - What it is and How to become a Member

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 17, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sci006

sci006 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Shut up and take my money!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Gdude66

Gdude66 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

10 seconds - yes sign me up!!! :whistle::whistle::whistle:

• Like Like x 2
  3. bandqit

bandqit Active Member

How long do we have to sign up for this? I get paid next week.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Gary_S

Gary_S Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Done! Delighted to support this long term. Nice work Reiza!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Okay, I got the mail and already activated the beta-keys in Steam. But what should I do now to try the beta-versions? If I open the Beta-tab in the Steam-options for my installed AMS2 I can only choose between "release candidate" or "previous build" as always. Or do I have to enter a "private beta code" there as well although I have already activated the beta-keys in Steam? And if yes: which one (I got 2 keys in yesterdays email)?
    On the other hand some wrote that it would also be possible to install the beta-version parallel to the existing "normal" version. How should I do this. If I search for "Automobilista 2" in the Steam shop I only find the normal (already installed) version.
    Sorry for my noob question but I never was a "backer"/beta-version-user before... :oops:

6. Andy

Andy Active Member AMS2 Club Member

If you have activated the beta key, you then need to install the game, it will be listed somewhere in your steam library. Its a separate game from AMS.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. aboe_83

aboe_83 ABOE AMS2 Club Member

As @bandqit has already asked - for how long are these packages planned to be available?

Many thanks :)

8. The_Neo_One

The_Neo_One AMD Ryzen 5 5600X

I'm Brazilian and can confirm that brazilians can't join right now. Like already said, there is a problem with PayPal.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. killeraces

killeraces New Member AMS2 Club Member

So after installing 'Automobilista 2 Beta' - we can choose between 2 branches under Properties/Betas (at the time of this writing):

-> reiza51testing - reiza51testing
    -> reiza51testing2 - Testing

None I could see much difference than the usual app 'Automobilista 2' using 'releasecandidate - Pre- release build'. (that I noticed, there could be)

Maybe perhaps because it's still in Alpha?
    Anyway, Reiza stated 'Freedom to change or increment our plans and rearrarange schedules as may be required is critical for us to do what we do the way we do it'

So we patiently wait! :whistle:

10. Mike1304

Ah thanx, I see. It didn't install automatically as it usually works when I buy a game and I had a filter which only shows "installed games" so that's the reason why I didn't see it.
    But it seems that I really have to install it twice (normal version AND beta version) and use double space. I thought that someone wrote that you can only have ONE version (at least for singleplayer) and switch between the versions (opt in and out) like it works with other games where you can opt in/out in the betas-tab of the game... Is this correct?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. Bhabani Sankar Mishra

Bhabani Sankar Mishra New Member

$100 is not a small amount, already bought everything offered on steam, $100 is equivalent to price of 10 DLCs. Are 10 DLCs in plan? and what are they? I don't want early access, I am not a good beta tester. There's no single player gameplay, multiplayer kicks me out, I can't invest another $100 to beta test hot laps. If I convert by currency, $100 is equal to $300 in PPP terms for me locally. AMS2 is great to drive but the racing is missing.

• Dislike Dislike x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Spacekid

Spacekid Member AMS2 Club Member

Whats the problem then? If you dont want it, dont buy it.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

Beta and release are two completely separate programs. If you opt in/out the "Beta" in the release version you just change between "normal" and "release candidade".
    To use the real "beta" you have to install this separately.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Bhabani Sankar Mishra

Bhabani Sankar Mishra New Member

Looks like you didn't read it, I never said I don't want it, I first want to know how many DLCs will be there.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. stealthradek

stealthradek I know nothing. AMS2 Club Member

Nobody is forced to buy it as the content will be eventually available. I've purchased it as I want to contribute and help Reiza securing new licences and improve the title.

Also, I'm a fan of the Fight Club movie, so spent $99 to have my nose broken. Car nose of course.

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'd like to join but get this message:
    "You have already joined the AMS2 Paddock Club."
    What's wrong?
    Does it mean:

17. Mike1304

Okay, is there an info which "beta-version" (reiza51testing, reiza51testing2) has which content and which is the latest one? Are there changelogs like we know it from the "normal" or "release-candidate"-versions where Renato always writes those infos in the "normal" forums?
    And can we already try some things from the latest dev-update (Rallycross for example) in a beta-version?

18. killeraces

so that's the bit we still don't know, but we will have to wait. They will do things at their time

19. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Don't worry about choosing a branch in the beta app guys. Default (no beta) branch is the current latest.

Typically only two branches are in use, that is a) the default no beta branch and b) an branch that is currently hidden called NOTFORMEDIA. When NOTFORMEDIA is the live branch we ask that people do not make videos, reviews etc of content included because it is not yet ready and have issues and other WIP related things in there.

Which branch you need and changelogs for the builds will be communicated in the release posts in the beta forum when a build goes live.

The other branches we use occasionally to do targetted testing of specific features or bugs, usually in our mp tests. Again they will be noted in releveant posts where appropriate.

• Informative Informative x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  20. killeraces

awesome, all explained! thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.